Lay - When he forgot his own birthday

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

 

"Shh! Is everyone in place?" You asked as everyone hushed one another, taking their rightful hiding spots and you snickered as you were the only one who wasn't hiding. Most of the lights were switched off except the one by the main door - the one Lay will walk in from and you had your back facing it with a grin as you looked at everyone. "Alright," You clapped your hands once, "One more round check."
 

"Balloons?"
 

"Check!" A bright answer came from Sehun and Kai - among the youngest ones here who chimed from the back of the sofa.
 

"Food?"
 

"Ready." Kyungsoo and Suho gave a much quiet answer from the kitchen as they were crouching behind the counter to be hidden from the view that could be seen from the glass window.
 

"Cake?"
 

"I thought you're supposed to get the cake?" Baekhyun asked confusedly, his head popping out from the bathroom door, Chanyeol's head popping above Baekhyun's, "Yeah, I thought you got it?"
 

"Jeez, Chanyeol, back away." Baekhyun playfully waved Chanyeol away who couldn't care less - erupting sounds of laugther from all of you. Thinking for a while, it all clicked and you let out a soft "Oh," With a sheepish laugh, you mumbled, "It's in the fridge." You then rubbed the back of your neck with a grin, which made them laugh just looking at you.
 

Indeed, you were the perfect girlfriend for Lay.
 

Lay was someone forgetful whereas you remember all the little things. He's a good cook whereas, you try not to burn down the kitchen. He's a great dancer but you're sort of a clutz. He's pretty blur at times but you're alert to your surroundings (which definitely explains how you could easily spot anything out of the ordinary which also contributes to the reasons how you figure out the surprise parties Lay would throw for you).
 

"Alright, so we're all set-!"
 

You definitely mute your own voice when you heard grumbles from the door. "Hide!" You half-whispered, half-shouted at everyone with wide eyes and they snickered at your expression but remained hidden in their hiding spots nevertheless. Lay would never see this coming - that's for sure.
 

You managed to whip eleven of his closest guy friends here today for the party. Mostly they were hiding behind the sofa, the kitchen counter, the bathroom, underneath the dining table (it was Tao's and Kris's hiding spot - which still amuses you), behind the curtains by the sofa, beside the television - the possibilities were endless and hilarious as you walked towards the door just to open it before Lay did.
 

He smiled tiredly when he saw you, he looked so tired but he was all better when he saw you. It was a rather long day at work today and to come home to you... it felt magical. "Baobei." He breathed out gratefully, accepting your embrace that welcomed him as he dropped down his bag, burying his nose into your hair as he cherished every single hug you'd give him - especially the ones when he's tired and you'd come out of nowhere like his own angel.
 

"I've missed you..." He croaked out into your hair, causing you to laugh as you pulled away to look up to him. "It's only been half a day."
 

He growled, "I don't care."
 

Behind your back, you had a hand signaling them - counting down from five when Lay dipped down to press his lips against yours. Of course you had your mind on the sweet kiss, but you were rather more interested on your fingers and the surprise pop out when your finger reached one - just in time as you broke the kiss sharply. All the lights came on perfectly, cueing in the surprise cheers that came from the boys who revealed themselves from their hiding spot.
 

Party poppers were sounded, balloons were flying here and there as they threw it at Lay just to start singing a happy birthday song. You were singing along and Lay had his jaw drop as he kicked the door shut, eyes analyzing his surroundings that he never noticed when he came in - everything looked so well prepared and all just for him as he smiled at everyone widely. 
 

When the birthday song came to an end, he could only freeze, looking at your cheerful expression along with his other closest guy friends.
 

"Happy birthday, sweetheart!" You chuckled when he finally snapped out of it. "It's my birthday?" He asked quietly and everyone gave him a look of disbelief.
 

"Holy crap, Lay." Kris breathed out, causing everyone to join in to ask questions - seeing if Lay was fooling around but he wasn't.
 

He didn't even remember his own birthday - which was today.
 

"You forgot your own birthday?" Xiumin was the next one to question as Lay gulped, nodding his head, "I... I didn't know."
 

"You're unbelievable." Luhan commented from the sofa as he took a balloon to toss it at Lay, aiming for his face but it landed on the floor. You walked up towards him to frame his cheeks, "It's your birthday, Lay. Happy birthday."

 

His hands gingerly placed on your waist with a small smile, "Thank you, baobei..." His lips inched closer to press gently on your lips, appreciating everything that you were doing for him - planning out his birthday surprise, taking care of him all the time, making sure he's in perfect health and most importantly, loving him.


You broke the kiss by pushing him away delicately by his shoulders to grin at him meekly, "Don't just thank me - the guys helped out too."


In that moment, Lay got tackled down on the floor by all the guys who started to . "Yeah, Lay! We helped out too!"


"Where's our thank you kiss, huh?!"

 

"You even forgot your birthday!"


"To think I even got you a present!"

 

Indeed, it was a very happy birthday for Lay.