Chapter 15

Unexpected Sparks

"Congratulations on your first movie hyung" Kim Tan said through the phone.

"Thanks. I wish you could come during the premiere, do you really have to go that convention?"

"I have to. I'm really sorry hyung, maybe on your next movie?"

"You absolutely have to come!"

"I will! I have to hang up now, bye hyung"

"Bye" I said and put my phone down.

I was really hoping that Tan could come and maybe even bring Eun Sang with him to the premiere but sadly he has to go to an important convention. At least my parents can come to the premiere and I can finally show them that I am becoming someone who they can be proud of even though I'm not an attorney.

But there is only one person that I want the most to come to my premiere.

Why can I not move on?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"I've already secured a ticket for you Ms. Rachel and a limo will pick you up from your apartment for the premiere"

"Thank you Secretary Jang" I replied and hanged up.

I'll come and I'll support him. I will expect nothing from him. I won't expect him to accept me after what I did to him five years ago and if he really is dating that actress, then I'll be happy for him.

But of course I want him to see that I've become better now and that is why I'm going to a salon to get my haircut, then to a spa and then to I'm going to shop for the perfect pair of shoes that will go with the dress that I personally designed which I will wear on the premiere.

I got dressed and left my apartment. I have a license now so I drove the car that my mother gave me, one of the many graduation gifts that she gave.

I arrived a few minutes later at the one of the most famous salons in LA. It's where a lot of celebrities get their hair done and the owner of the salon is actually a friend of my mother.

I stepped inside and a french woman who looked about my mothers' age greeted me with a warm smile.

"Rachel, my dear you look lovely!" she said in English with a slight french accent. 

"Your mother told me you would be coming and I just had to see my dear friend's daughter!"

"Oh thank you Ms. Clarisse" I replied.

"No, don't call me Clarisse! Call me aunt, your mother and I were basically sisters when we were both still studying in Paris!"

"Of course, Aunt Clarisse" I smiled.

"Come come! I will personally do your hair for you!" she said and guided me into a chair.

I looked at the girl who was next to me. Her hair was being blow dried by a woman who had neon pink hair. I suddenly recognized the person sitting next to me. I can't believe it but it's actually Catherine Harlow!

"Oh Ms. Catherine! I hope you like your new hair color!" Aunt Clarisse told her.

"It's beautiful. It's exactly the shade that I wanted! I've always wanted to be a brunette but I had to keep my blonde hair for my movie but now that it's finally done, I can dye my hair brown now" Catherine said.

Oh, so she doesn't like being blonde.

Catherine looked at me and smiled. I gave her a small smile and looked the other way. 

I wonder what Hyoshin saw in her...