Chapter 6

Unexpected Sparks

Today is the day of the final exams and I am not nervous at all. I can't help but smirk when I hear the other students complain about the test being too hard.

As I enter the school, I see Hyoshin sunbae getting out of his car. My heart suddenly flutters and I get the weird feeling again.

I walk faster to avoid talking to Hyoshin but he notices me and walks towards me.

"Hey, are you ready to take the test?" he asks.

"Of course" I say.

He smiles and gets two packets of red ginseng from his backpack. He gives one to me and opens the other and starts eating it.

I look at him with a confused expression. Why is he giving this to me? He never gives his red ginseng to anyone. Never.

My heart is beating faster because of what he did. I absentmindedly start opening the packet but Hyoshin grabs it from me, opens it quickly and gives it to me.

I mumble a small thank you. My heart is beating even faster. Why am I being like this?

A few minutes later we arrive outside my classroom. He waves goodbye and gives me his cute tight lipped smile and leaves to go to his room.

I give him a small wave. I can feel my cheeks heat up. Ah so embarrassing! Why am I acting all shy infront of Hyoshin sunbae?! And why did I think his tight lipped smile looked... cute?! 

DO I PERHAPS LIKE HIM?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the night before exams and of course I've already finished studying for the finals last week but as usual my mom wants me to review my notes over again.

I sigh as I flip through the pages of my textbook.

I suddenly remember unexpectedly meeting Rachel at the doctor yesterday. I wonder why she needs to see a doctor who specializes in psychiatric problems. I hope it isn't serious... why am I worrying about her so much?

I feel frustrated and confused! I really want to know what I feel for Rachel! 

I close my textbook and lie down on my bed. I close my eyes and I see Rachel's smiling face. I automatically smile. Rachel rarely smiles and she looks so beautiful when she smiles. I want to make her smile.

Ting!

I think I know what I feel for Rachel... I- I think... no I do.... I like Rachel.

Suddenly my feelings for Hyunjoo dissapears. Perhaps Hyunjoo wasn't the girl for me...

But does Rachel like me too?