Chapter 4

Unexpected Sparks

I took the last bite of my dinner and wiped my face.

"I'm done" I told my mother and stood up.

"Wait let's talk for a while" she said.

"What do you want us to talk about? I'm leaving" I left the dining room before mother could stop me.

She followed me to my room. What does she want?

I turned around and faced her.

"I just wanted to ask if you weren't busy tomorrow afternoon" she said.

"I'm not busy"

"Then come by my office tomorrow" she said and left.

That was weird. I opened the door and went to my room. My phone rang. I received a text messsage from my secretary.

Miss I already sent your college applications to the Ivy leagues you picked.

Good. I'll just choose whatever course I want when I receive the acceptance letters. Looking at my phone, I suddenly remember Hyoshin sunbae's texts. 

Unknowingly, I smile forms in my face. I rarely smile. 

Why am I smiling? Ugh! It's that weird feeling again! I should take a cold shower to wake myself up.

What could this weird feeling be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my pen down and stared at the wall. What should I do now? I'm already done with my homework and I've studied all my subjects. 

I sighed and decided to just randomly surf the internet on my phone. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I suddenly remember Rachel's cute texts. Wait... did I just think that Rachel's texts were... CUTE? I shaked my head trying to get rid of thoughts about Rachel.

I clicked on my internet browser and got into a bunch of random websites until I stumbled upon an article about Won hyung. The conversation I had with Hyunjoo suddenly came into my mind. Hyunjoo, the woman that I like, is dating Won, the hyung of my friend and the CEO of Jeguk. The feeling of disbelief overcomes me again. Why does Hyunjoo like him? 

Idiot! Of course Hyunjoo likes Won because he's the freaking CEO, he's also smart and handsome! While you are just a highschool student who she's tutoring! Wake up Lee Hyoshin!

I exhale, trying to calm myself. There's something odd though... I didn't feel hurt when I found out Hyunjoo and Won hyung are dating. I just felt... angry.

I concentrated on reading the article about Won hyung to forget about Hyunjoo.

CEO Kim Won of Jeguk announces marriage with the daughter of the chairman of Han Industries

Won hyung is getting married?! What about Hyunjoo?!

I reluctantly dialed Hyunjoo's number but stopped myself. What am I going to say to her? I should just text her.

Hyunjoo are you okay?