Chapter 16

Unexpected Sparks

I finish putting on my lipstick and put on my favorite Versace perfume. I tried to smile as I looked at myself in the mirror but I just couldn't. I feel so nervous and I'm shaking like a leaf. I can barely walk properly in my 5 inch heels.

Should I not go to the premiere? But I really want to see Hyoshin after all these years. I want to see his handsome face wearing a fancy suit for the premiere of his first movie.

I closed my eyes and imagine him standing on the red carpet, smiling as photographers flash their cameras to capture his face. I smile and I feel less nervous now. I open my eyes and tried to walk. 

"Much better" I said aloud.

My phone beeps. Secretary Jang just texted me, saying that the limo is waiting ready and waiting for me. I take a deep breath and leave my apartment. 

I step into the elevator and waited until I arrived at the first floor. My driver escorted me into the limo. I looked out the window. The sun has almost set and the premiere will begin soon. I listened to some music which calms me down.

Why do I feel so nervous?

"We're here Ms. Rachel" the driver suddenly said.

The door opened and I stepped on the red carpet. A lot fans were waiting for the actors to arrive and photographers were everywhere.

I started walking and some photographers must have thought I was an actress or something because they suddenly started taking my photos. I walked a little bit faster. I don't want them to take my pictures! Mom would see them and would ask me why I'm attending a movie premiere!

Security stopped the photographers from taking any more pictures of me, telling them that I'm a private VIP guest. I arrive in the cinema and got ushered to my seat which was quite close to where Hyoshin will sit.

A few minutes later, I hear screaming from outside. The actors must have arrived. My feet started shaking. Rachel calm down!

People started pouring into the cinema. I caught a glimpse of Catherine Harlow walking towards her seat and another actor who is probably the male lead. Hyoshin must be walking the red carpet now. 

My heart feels like it's going to explode from how fast it's beating. The seats are all occupied except for one. It must be Hyoshin's seat. Where is he?

A man in a suit got on stage and started speaking.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are here to witness the premiere of the movie Like a Flower. Before we will begin let us hear a few words from the director, Mr. Hyoshin Lee! Please give him a round of applause" the man said.

Hyoshin stepped out of the shadows and got on the stage. 

Hyoshin, the boy who was once mine is not a boy anymore but a handsome man. Standing confidently on stage and smiling at everyone.

My heart melts at how handsome he looks in a sharp suit and his hair styled nicely. He is even more good looking than the american male lead.

So many emotions started boiling up inside me and the words he started speaking didn't make sense to me. He motioned to some people sitting infront and I saw that they were his parents. 

"Thank you again for coming and please enjoy the movie" he said in perfect English without even a single hint of a korean accent.

Everyone applauded and the movie began playing. I don't think Hyoshin saw me. There are really a lot of people here and the cinema is very dark so it was probably hard for him to see the audience.

He made his way into his seat and he seemed a little bit distracted. He looked around, like he was looking for someone.

I wanted to scream "I'm here" but what would he think?

I didn't even glance at the screen. I looked at Hyoshin while the movie played. About halfway through the movie Hyoshin started looking around once again and then he caught sight of me and we both looked each other for a long time.

My heart stopped for what felt like forever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel.

Why is she here? 

Am I hallucinating?

Is my mind just playing tricks on me?

Is she really the beautfiul lady looking back at me with surprised eyes?

I stood up, without even thinking. It seemed like my body had a mind of it's own. I made my way into the row where Rachel was sitting and grabbed her. I pulled her backstage.

"What are you doing here?"