Chapter 18

Unexpected Sparks

As Hyoshin slammed the breaks, I suddenly remembered that day when Hyoshin finally confessed to me. We were also in his car that time. I remember it so vividly...

 

"Rachel... I like you" Hyoshin said.

What? Is he joking? Is he playing a prank on me? I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Hyoshin are you serious?" I asked him.

Hyoshin nods slowly without looking at me.

My heart melts and it was as if I didn't have control over my body because the next thing I knew, I whispered, "I like you too". 

Hyoshin slammed the breaks.

 

"I want you back Rachel" he repeated. 

I faced him. I wanted to see his eyes, to see if he really meant it, to see if he wasn't lying.

And all I could see was the truth in his beautiful eyes.

"I want you back too Hyoshin" I told him with tears in my eyes.

He smiled and kissed me. At first, he kissed me gently but then he became more passionate, more needing.

I miss him so much. I kissed him back hard. It was as if our kisses could bring back all the years of longing, of wanting to see each other again. 

I forgot all about the world and what was happening. All I could think about was Hyoshin and his warm wet lips crushing against mine. 

Suddenly, I heard a camera flash outside.

----------------------

Crap.

The paparazzi.

Rachel stopped kissing me.

I let go of her gently and started my car. I drove fast, away from the paparazzis flashing their cameras. 

When we got away from the paparazzis, I asked Rachel where she wanted to go.

"Anywhere" she said with a smile.

I couldn't help but smile back. I suddenly remember the after party that I'm supposed to attend after the premiere of my movie.

"Do you want to go to a party where hundreds of people will see us?" I asked her.

"I don't care if the whole world will see us. Let them watch" she said.

That's Rachel.