Chapter 10

Unexpected Sparks

Finals are over and tomorrow is graduation day.

I still can't get over the fact that Hyoshin confessed to me and... kissed me. Even just thinking about it makes me feel like a giddy teenage girl.

I got up from my bed and looked outside. It was a beautiful sunny morning. Summer is so near and the weather is getting warmer. I love the warmth.

I showered then headed down to the dining room to eat breakfast. Mother isn't around, as usual. So I ate breakfast like I always do, alone.

My phone rang. I looked at the screen to see who texted. It's Hyoshin. I immediately smiled brightly as I opened his text.

Good morning ^_^

I quickly texted back, "Good morning." I can't text with smiley faces!

Why are is your text so cold? Can you at least send your boyfriend a smiley face?

WHAT DID HE JUST TEXT???!!! BOYFRIEND???!!! MY BOYFRIEND???!!!

I almost dropped my phone out of surprise. 

"Boyfriend?" I replied.

Yes, you're right. I'm your boyfriend your my girlfriend.

I don't know what to say so I didn't reply.

Girlfriend, since I'm going to graduate highschool tomorrow... let's spend the day together! I'll pick you up in an hour :)

--------------------------------------------------------

I drove towards Rachel's house. I took a deep breath before I got out of my car and rang the doorbell.

Ding dong!

Rachel opened the gate and looked at me shyly.

"Hi" she mumbled.

"Hello" I greeted back.

I opened the passenger door for her and motioned for her to get in. She got in and I closed the door and got inside the car.

"Where are we going?" she asked as I put on the seatbelt for her.

"Somewhere special" I told her.

She blushed because of our closeness. I didn't realize we were so close.  I cleared my throat and started the car.

 

"An arcade?" she asked when we arrived.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing at her reaction. She looked so cute and confused at the same time.

"Stop laughing!" she snapped.

"I'm sorry" I said, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"What are we going to do here?"

"We are going to play like a normal middle-class couple! Let's go" I said as I held her hand and guided her to one the racing games.

Her hands fit perfectly in mine and they feel so soft and warm. 

"If you beat me, I'll grant you any wish" I told her as we started the game. I'm going to surely win against her!

"Wonderful" she smirked. Why does she look confident? 

The game began and I was taken by surprise at how skilled Rachel is at playing the game. She just looked at me and smirked.

"You're dead now" I thought. She triggered my competitive side and I WON'T LOSE!

I got past her and she looked at me with disbelief. I laughed.

I was almost at the finish line when suddenly Rachel's car raced past me and she won first.

She got up from her seat and looked at me with a very proud look on her face. I pouted but she just smirked and laughed.

I'm glad she's having fun.

"I can't believe you beat me!"

"Don't underestimate my capabilities" she said proudly.

"Okay, okay. So what's your wish?" I asked her.

"Hmmm.... I need to think about it" she said and turned around. "I'm hungry" she said as she pointed at a burger stall.

"You want to eat burgers?" I asked her. Rachel knows how to play racing games and she likes to eat burgers too?

"I rarely get the chance to eat it. Mother doesn't let me eat fast food" she said.

"Then let's go!" I cheered and held her hand. We made our way to the stall and ordered two burgers.

"Ah this is delicious!" she said as she took a bite. She looked so happy almost like a child but she still had that confident commanding aura which is so attractive.

We found a bench and continued eating there. After eating we played a few more games before leaving the arcade.

I drove her home. 

"Did you have a lot of fun girlfriend?"

"Yes I did... boyfriend"