Chapter 11

Unexpected Sparks

"Congrats... in advance" I texted Hyoshin as soon as I woke up.

Thanks... in advance and goodmorning :)

I smiled as I read his text. Mornings feel different now that Hyoshin and I are together. I always feel so happy and well rested unlike before. The sun also seems to be warmer and everything looks more bright and beautiful, I guess these are the effects of... love.

You're coming to the graduation ceremony right?

"Of course" I replied.

Wonderful. See you later! 

After a quick shower, I ate my breakfast and got ready for the graduation ceremony. I made myself look extra special today since this will be the last day of Hyoshin sunbae as a highschool student. I chose my best dress, even made my make-up special and curled my hair.

"There" I said as I put on my earrings. I smiled, satisfied with how I look.

I grabbed my bag and my graduation gift for Hyoshin.

Will he like my gift?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lee Hyoshin" our teacher said through the microphone.

I stood up and walked towards the stage. Everyone applauds and I give them a small smile. I haven't seen where Rachel is yet but I know she's here.

I received my diploma and shaked hands with the principal. I took a bow and left the stage.

"Finally" I thought.  It's all over, highschool is finally done. I feel so happy and free. Now I can do whatever I like! Follow my dreams and accomplish them!

My parents rush towards me. "Congratulations Hyoshin" father says while giving me a small pat on my back.

"I'm so proud of you Hyoshin!" mom cheered as she hugged me tight. I looked around, I wonder where Rachel is.

"Where should we have dinner? At the Italian restaurant you like or somewhere else?" mom asked.

"Actually mom... I have a date tonight"

"A da-date?" my mom stuttered. Mother looked extremely surprised while father gave me a questioning look. I already expected them to react this way.

"You'll meet her in the future. May I leave?"

"O-okay" mom said but she looked like she was hesistating whether or not to let me go.

"Thank you" I said and hurriedly left.

I turned around and my heart skipped a beat as I saw Rachel sitting at the farthest seat.

She looked even more beautiful today wearing a pretty pink dress, her curled hair delicately fell on her face. She was absolutely perfect in my eyes. 

"Congratulations" she smiled as she gave me a small blue box.

"What's this?" I asked.

"My present for you, open it"

I carefully untied the black ribbon and lifted the lid of the box. Inside, was a stylish and expensive looking silver bracelet. It was something that rich and stylish men would wear, something a person like Rachel would pick.

"Wow, Rachel this is..."

"Here let me put it on for you" she didn't let me finish and grabbed the bracelet. She smiled as she put the bracelet on my wrist.

"Thank you" I told her.

"You're welcome"

"Let's have dinner together"

"Sure... but how about your parents?"

"I already told them I have a date with a beautiful girl" I told Rachel with a wink.

She blushed and I held her hand as we walked towards the parking lot. The other students at Jeguk all looked at us, most of them look surprised but some where giving us approving smiles. Both Rachel and I didn't pay attention to any of them. We're used to the staring now.

We arrived at the parking lot and I opened the door for Rachel. I noticed that she was quiet. So, as soon as I got into the car, I asked her, "is there something wrong?".

"Nothing... but I was wondering... Hyoshin, where are you going to study for college?"