Chapter 19

Unexpected Sparks

Hyoshin drove us towards a club where the after party for the premiere was held. We talked about everything that has been happening with our lives for the past 5 years that we've been apart from each other.

As Hyoshin talked about his journey to fulfill his dream, I could't help but admire him for his hard work and determination. I felt happy and proud for him.

I talked about my experiences in Paris and how beautiful it is there. 

"We should go there together before you go back to Korea" Hyoshin said. 

I stared at Hyoshin who was smiling as he drove. It took me a while to process what he just said. Go to Paris with Hyoshin?! Just the two of us? That would be a.... dream.

"Yes we should absolutely go! I'll show you around and we can stay at my apartment there" I replied like a little girl.

Hyoshin laughed. He stopped the car infront of the club. 

"We're here" he said. He got off the car and opened the door for me.

Photographers were everywhere. Hyoshin smiled at the cameras while guiding me through the crowd. I could hear people asking who I was and why I'm with Hyoshin.

"Who is she?" they all whispered loudly among themselves.

We soon got through the crowd and Catherine Harlow suddenly came out of nowhere, wearing a short red dress. She looked drunk. 

"Hey Mr. Lee" she said seductively. She suddenly noticed I was standing next to Hyoshin with our arms linked together. She looked at me with a confused expression on her face. 

"Ah who is this? I think I've seen you somewhere... I remember now! I saw you at my favorite salon a few days ago! Why are you here? And why are you with Mr. Lee" she said slurring the words.

I couldn't properly hear her because of the loud music. I politely smiled and said hello. She raised a drunken eyebrow but she soon fell. Luckily, her leading man caught her before she hit the floor. 

"Catherine wake up!" he said shaking her.

"Do you need help?" Hyoshin asked him. 

"I got this Mr. Lee, you should enjoy the party with your gorgeous girlfriend" he shouted through the music.

He lifted Catherine with ease. He smiled and winked at me before he left. I laughed and Hyoshin was red even though the club was dimly lit. 

"Let's dance" Hyoshin whispered so I could hear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and the first thing I see is Rachel sleeping beautifully next to me. She's still wearing the gown she wore the other night and her make up has been erased but she still looked amazing. I smile as I remember what happened yesterday.

I got up from bed slowly, being careful not to wake her. I looked in the mirror and I see that I'm still wearing the suit that I wore yesterday. I laughed at myself and undressed. I took a shower and put on some fresh clothes.

I went to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast for the two of us. I hear Rachel walking towards the kitchen and I turned around to face her. She smiled and said, "good morning".

I walked closer towards her and gave her a kiss. She kissed me back but pulled away.

"Can I use your clothes? My gown is a bit..."

"Of course, just go to my room and open my closet" 

She left and I continued cooking, whistling to myself. I wish every morning will be like this, I thought while smiling. A few minutes later, Rachel came back wearing only a long sleeved shirt that reached half way through her thighs.

"Nothing else fits" she said shyly.

She looked so y, I fought the urge to just grab her and do... things.

I looked away from her and concentrated on cooking.

"What are you cooking?" she asked.

"An american breakfast" I replied, smiling to her.

"Can I help?"

"No, I'll be chef for today"

She laughed and circled the kitchen island that was separating us. She hugged me from behind and whispered, "I miss you so much Hyoshin."

"I miss you too Rachel" I whispered back and then turned around to kiss her.