Chapter 17

Unexpected Sparks

What am I doing here?

The words echoed in my head.

Nothing.

I couldn't think of anything to say.

I just stared at Hyoshin as if I was seeing him for the first time.

"Rachel, why are you here? What are you doing here?" he asked again.

There was something in his eyes. There was something about the way he was looking at me. I couldn't read him. I don't know how he feels. I want to know.

Does he want me back after all these years we've been apart? Does he want me back? Does he want me?

There was a long pause. 

I tried to think of words to say but nothing came.

His eyes demanded an answer from me and what could I say?

"Hyoshin... I... I-" I was trying to talk but then suddenly a man came and grabbed Hyoshin away.

"Mr. Hyoshin, I'm sorry for disturbing you but the movie just ended and everyone is looking for you! They want to congratulate you for such a wonderful movie! And the press! Everyone wants to interview you Mr. Hyoshin!" the man said.

He tried to grab Hyoshin away but Hyoshin removed the man's arm.

"The people can wait" he told the man and grabbed my hand and we left the cinema through the fire exit where no one could see us.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Somewhere" he said without looking at me.

His hands felt so warm and soft. I felt like I was safe and I was home because of his touch. I suddenly remember the memories we had together.

"Get in" he said and opened the door to a fancy black sports car.

I obediently got in and he closed the door. He also got in. I was shaking so bad and I don't know why. LA isn't cold but why am I shaking?

I tried to put my seatbelt on but my hands were trembling so bad. Hyoshin got the seatbelt from my shaking hands and put it on for me.

He looked at me and then turned the engine on.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Didn't I tell you? We're going somewhere" he said and drove.

----------------------------------------------

I wanted to keep driving. To drive away from everyone and be with the person I love but I'm confused. I don't know why she's here. Why is Rachel here?

Does she want me back?

"Rachel, why are you here?" I asked her.

I was driving aimlessly. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't want to go anywhere.

Rachel took a deep breath then spoke, "Because I wanted to see you".

My heart skipped a beat and I found it a little bit difficult to breathe. I tried to compose myself.

"Rachel do you still want me?" I asked her directly.

She was taken by surprise because of my bluntness.

"Because I want you back" I said and stopped the car.