Chapter 20

Unexpected Sparks

Rachel

My last few weeks in LA have been a wonderful blur. I spent most of my time with Hyoshin although sometimes we would be apart because he has to attend meetings for his upcoming movie projects. 

Today is the my last day here in LA. Tomorrow I would be leaving for Seoul. I would be leaving this beautiful warm paradise and I would be leaving the person I love, my Hyoshin.

I don't want to leave Hyoshin but I have duties to fulfill in Korea. My mother wants me to work and learn more about the fashion industry so that one day I can run the company. 

Hyoshin can't leave America because he already has three movies lined up because of how successful his first movie was. We both need to do our jobs.

I looked at Hyoshin who was sleeping peacefully next to me. His y bed hair and his bare chest makes my heart ache at how handsome he is. He sleeps with only his boxers on. I've already gotten used to sleeping next to his almost body but he always takes my breath away everytime I look at him.

"Good morning" he says sleepily. I give him a soft peck and greet him back.

"Today's my last day in LA" I said, pouting at him. 

He slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. "Then we have to make the best out of today" he said smiling. He got up from the bed and pulled me into the kitchen. 

"Let's cook the best breakfast ever!" he said and I couldn't stop myself from giggling. I was once a cold girl but because of Hyoshin, I now know how to smile and giggle at silly things. 

We spent the whole day driving around LA, stopping at different places to check out interesting things and we bought all kinds of food. By the end of the day, I was feeling stuffed, tired and extremely happy.

Hyoshin parked his car at a secluded area facing the sea. The sun was setting and everything looked orange and beautiful. 

"Wait here," Hyoshin said and got out of the car. He opened the car's trunk and got something from it. He got back inside carrying a box.

"Have some" he said while handing me the box. I opened it and saw that there were red ginseng packets inside. 

"Oh my gosh! It's been such a long time since I last had red ginseng! I suddenly remember those times when we were in high school" I got two packets and gave one to Hyoshin.

"Do you still eat red ginseng like you always did?" I asked.

"No, it's so hard to find good red ginseng here so I usually get a box delived to me from Korea every few months. It's quite expensive but nothing beats korean red ginseng"

"You really love red ginseng" I . 

"Yes but I love something else more than red ginseng" he said seriously.

He paused and everything was so still. I could hear the waves gently crashing onto the shore. I could feel the warmth of the setting sun on my face. Why is the atmosphere suddenly different? My heart was hammering hard in my chest because I could sense that Hyoshin is going to say something important.

Is he going to break up with me? Because I'm leaving? Because he loves directing movies so much? I looked at his beautiful eyes which looked hazel because of the light from the setting sun.

"Rachel... I love you. Will you marry me?"

Tears started to form in my eyes.

"Hyoshin, I love you too... and yes, I will marry you" I answered.

He threw the red ginseng packet and kissed me.