Chapter 9

Unexpected Sparks

Hyoshin slammed the breaks and I had to hold on to my seatbelt or else I would bump into the dashboard.

"Did you say you like me too?" he asked me. He looked at me with his two beautiful eyes. His eyes seemed to be searching for an answer.

I was blushing so hard and my heart was beating like crazy. I couldn't think straight.

"I... I said I like you too..." I said looking away from him.

He held my face and turned it around so that I was facing at him. We were only a few inches away and I couldn't look away from his eyes.

He smiled, not his typical tight lipped smile, a genuine smile. His smile was like the sun breaking out of the clouds, it was warm and beautiful.

I pulled his hand away from my face and looked at the window but he stopped me and made me face him again. I was about to protest when he suddenly kissed me.

Our second kiss but this is different. This time it's a real kiss.

His lips felt so soft and comforting. He just stayed still as if he was afraid that I was going to run away. I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

We stayed like that for what felt like forever but a honk from a car behind us brought us back into reality. We laughed and I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

He pulled away from me but he did it very gently and then he started the car. He drove towards my house. 

We were both silent the whole time but it was a comfortable silence. He couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't stop smiling too.

We arrived a few minutes later and he opened the door for me. I thanked him and rang the doorbell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well I have to go now..." Rachel spoke.

"Take care and eat the red ginseng okay?"

She nodded with a smile on her face. She waved goodbye before going inside.

As I drove my car, on my way home, I couldn't stop smiling.

DId that really happen? Or was it just a dream?

I looked around. The sun was already setting making the sky look like a beautiful painting. Everything looks so beautiful.