Photos and Clips

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After dinner, you, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun head up to the eleventh floor. You are thankful to get away. Kangin and Heechul would not stop with the teasing, trying to provoke you. Ryeowook and Yesung wouldn't stop observing you and glancing at each other with knowing glances.

Sungmin turns to you with a smile as you start to mount the steps that lead to your floor. "So, did you call your father today?" he asks.

You look up at him inquisitively.

"Henry and Zhou Mi told us that you went to see him yesterday," he continues, "but things didn't go well and that's why they offered to let you stay here."

"So, what exactly did happen?" asks Eunhyuk, curiously.

"I'd rather not get into details," you reply. "I do need to call him though. Can I borrow one of your cell phones?" you ask.

"You don't have one?" asks Kyuhyun.

"No, it was an extra expense that I just didn't need in America," you respond. Actually, it would have been nice to have had one, especially when your mother got really sick. However, you made sure that the hospital had the numbers of all three of your jobs just in case something happened.

"You can borrow mine," Sungmin says as Eunhyuk pulls out his card key to open the door. You all enter and Sungmin pulls out his phone from his pocket.

"Thanks," you respond, taking it in your hand. You look at it, realizing you don't know how to use it. You chuckle. "I don't really know how to use smart phones," you admit.

"Here, I'll show you," he says with a smile as he takes it back in his hand.

"Actually, I have to get my appa's phone number out of my room anyway." You turn to head down the hall. "Be right back."

Apparently, they all either did not hear the latter part or all chose to ignore it, because they all follow you into your room.

Kyuhyun flops down on the bed, his arms spread out. "I'm tired!" he whines.

Eunhyuk flops down next to him. "Move over, Maknae."

Sungmin sits at the foot of the bed, moving their legs out of the way. "Make room for your hyung," he says.

You leave the door open and head to your suitcase, digging through its contents. You take out a few items to get to the notepad containing the numbers you wrote to contact your father.

"Hey, is that your old camera?" asks Sungmin, looking at the worn piece of technology on the floor next to your suitcase.

"Ne," you respond.

"Wow. It still works?" he asks. "Can I see?"

"Yep. It's a little worn and it lags, but hey! it still works," you reply, picking it up and tossing it to him.

He catches it and turns on the power. He clicks through your pictures. He starts laughing. "You didn't delete anything did you?" he asks.

"Nope."

He chuckles. "Eunhyuk, look!"

Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun sit up and peer over Sungmin's shoulders.

"That was a long time ago!" Eunhyuk says. "That's right before Junsu left to debut with DBSK!"

"Mmhmm," mutters Sungmin. They continue looking through the pictures, chuckling and commenting on all the old memories.

You find the notepad and open it until you find the number. You stand up. "Sungmin-ah? Can you show me how to use your phone now?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah!" He puts down the camera for a moment and pulls out his phone. He shows you how to use it. You dial the number as the others go back to strolling down memory lane.

You hear Kyuhyun say in a low voice, "Wow. You really were close to Jaehwa, huh?" Sungmin and Eunhyuk nod in agreement.

The phone keeps dialing, but no response.

"We used to always say that she was one of the guys," Eunhyuk says.

"Well, she does look like one in these pictures," Kyuhyun grins mischievously.

Still no answer.

Sungmin wacks him in the arm. Kyuhyun just gives him a look, before continuing in a low voice. "Is that why she called you 'hyungs' earlier instead of 'oppas'?"

You get your dad's message machine. You hang up. "Aish!" You take a look at the notepad again, noting the number for the SM building. You decide to try that number instead. You dial the numbers and wait for the ringtone.

"Ne, I guess it's kind of like how I sometimes call girls 'unni'," says Sungmin.

"You still do that?" you ask as the other line starts to ring.

He turns to you with his cute face. "Ne, I do, unni!"

You smile, shaking your head slightly. The person on the other line answers. "Yeoboseyeo!" Thank you for calling SM Entertainment, this is Miss Si speaking. How may I help you?"

Oh, great. It's that same woman from yesterday, the one with the spider eyelashes. You roll your eyes. Just great.

"Annyeonghaseyo Miss Si, I would like to schedule an appointment with Mr. Jang at his earliest convienence." You try not to sound sarcastic. "Kamsahamnida."

"Of course!" Spiderlashes responds sweetly. "May I get your name, please?"

"Jang Jaehwa."

Silence on the other end. One... Two... Three!

"Oh! I'm sorry, but it seems that Mr. Jang is completely booked this week and will not be taking any more appointments at all at this time. Please call back next week instead. "Ann--"

You hang up the phone in irritation.

You knew that was going to happen, so why are you mad?

You sigh, handing the phone back to Sungmin. "Thanks anyway."

He takes it back, turning away from your camera. "Didn't go well, I take it?"

"Ne," you say. "My father is still the same as ever." You kneel down to your suitcase, deciding to start unpacking. Sungmin turns his attention back to your camera.

"Wow, Jaehwa-ah! I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" cries Eunhyuk.

You wince at his statement, knowing exactly what picture he's talking about.

"That's not my boyfriend," you say, looking back at them.

Kyuhyun reaches past Sungmin and punches Eunhyuk in the arm. "Yah! Can't you tell that's her cousin or some other relative?"

Sungmin stares at your camera, realization crossing his face. "Jaehwa-ah? Is that you?"

"Ne."

****

2006.06.22 (June 22, 2006)

You walk down the street, passing many shops, looking for one place in particular.

It's been a busy day. This morning you got a ride from Mrs. Jones, your neighbor, to the electronic store before work. You were able to get a couple hundred for the stereo system, a little less than $70 for the mp3, and the CDs for $0.50 each. Hey! Every little bit helps right?

You reach your destination. You pull out the wad of bills from the 42 CDs you sold earlier from your right pocket. $21. Enough to pay for it plus tip. You open the door, putting the money back in your pocket. The pungent smell of hair spray and shampoo overpowers you as you enter. you never have liked the smell of hair products.

"Hello! Welcome to Trixie's Snips and Cuts!" greets a bubbly blonde with poofy hair and pink bow, bright pink lips, and a black blouse with pink polka-dots. Ugh! She looks like a deranged Minnie Mouse. "How can I help you today? Do you have an appointement?"

"No, I don't," you respond, your voice a little raspy from a sore throat and having had work the past several hours.

"That's alright, Maria should be done any minute now. She can be with you when she's done," says Deranged Minnie in a voice that's a little too enthusiastic.

You refrain fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter