Mocha for Mochi

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: This chapter is slightly different. There's no flashbacks at all. Just so you know.]

 

"So Jaehwa-ah, I heard you helped Siwon with modeling today," says Heechul with a smirk before shoving another biteful into his mouth.

"네 [Ne]. So?" you say, looking down at your food, trying to hide your embarrassment. That's not exactly something that you want to be common knowledge. Yet, then again, they're going to find out anyway when the magazine comes out. Aish...

Heechul chuckles. "I would give anything to have seen that. It must have been a real train wreck."

"She's pretty good, 형 [hyung]," responds Siwon. "She's probably one of the easiest models to work with."

You shake your head in denial. "Obviously not." You finish up the last of your noodles.

A ringtone goes off. "Excuse me," cuts in Henry, standing up. "I have to take a call." He walks away from the table and heads down the hall to his room, taking out a cell phone from his pocket in the process.

You stand up, gathering your empty dish and those who have finished around you. "I'm going to get started on the dishes." You head into the kitchen and begin your task. 

Eunhyuk follows you in a moment later. "Let me help, Jaehwa-ah!" he says with a gummy smile.

"If you want to you can dry off the dishes," you reply with a smile. "But you don't have to. This is part of my job, remember?"

"I don't mind," he replies, grabbing some dish towels. 

As you fall into a conversation about his day, you both fall into an easy pattern of washing and drying the dishes.

"So, we're trying to come up with some new choreography for our next Super Show. We've been trying to figure out what songs to sing and rearranging others," he says, drying off a dish and putting it in the cupboard.

"That sounds like fun. So, when was the last time you had a Super Show?"

"Our last one was Super Show 3, which was a few years ago, right before we served our military services."

"Oh," you reply, handing him another cleaned dish. "You've had a couple albums released since then, right?"

"네 [Ne]," he returns, taking the dish and beginning to dry it.

"So, when will Super Show 4 take place?" you ask, scrubbing some grime off one of the dishes.

"We're still trying to come up with dates, but probably in several months. Although I'm not sure exactly."

"형[Hyung]!" Henry bursts into the kitchen. "What's your schedule tomorrow?"

"왜 [Wae (why)]?" Eunhyuk replies.

"I just got a call from the manager. Amber is sick and one of my main dancers has a fever. Is there any way that you and Donghae can come and perform '1-4-3' with me at the show tomorrow night?"

He stops drying off the dish in his hand and thinks. "미안해[Mianhae]. I have a radio show tomorrow and I think Donghae has shooting for a drama tomorrow."  He looks at Henry sympathetically. "미안해[Mianhae]." Suddenly, an idea strikes him. "Why don't you see if Taemin and Kyuhyun can perform 'Trap' with you instead?"

Henry slumps back against the counter with a sigh. "Already asked. Taemin has photoshoots. Kyuhyun has a variety show." He folds his arms across his chest, leaning his head back. "I can do one of those songs without others, but the problem is, I'd still be missing a back up dancer. Know anyone Eunhyuk?" 

Eunhyuk sets another dish in the cupboard. "Let me think..." 

You hand Eunhyuk another washed dish. He takes it from your hand.

"...If only there was someone who could be both a dancer and a rapper for you, then you could the version of '1-4-3' that Donghae and I do with you."  He puts another dry dish in the cupboard. 

You hand him a pair of cleaned chopsticks. As he begins to dry them off, his eyes widen in realization. "I'm such a pabo!"

"Mwuh?" asks Henry, turning his head with raised eyebrows. "Did you think of someone?"

"네[Ne]! And she's standing right next to me!"

"Mwuh?!" you and Henry both say in unison, turning to him with widened eyes.

"네 [Ne]. Jaehwa can both dance and rap. You can perform the same version that you normally perform with Amber," says Eunhyuk with a grin.

"형 [Hyung]," you interject, "I haven't done that in years."

"It doesn't matter. It's like riding a bike, Jaehwa-ah. You never forget," Eunhyuk says with a grin.

You shake your head. "I haven't--"

He cuts you off. "Jaehwa-ah, you used to be a better rapper than me. I'm sure you can do this."

Henry grins. "I'll take you. I could use all the help I can get." He takes out his cell phone and begins to call someone. "....안녕하세요 [Annyeong haseyo]!  Hey, don't cancel my spot. I found someone to perform with me..... 아니요 [Aniyo] I couldn't get Donghae or Eunhyuk, but I found a rapper who can both dance and sing... 아니요 [Aniyo]... 네 [Ne], She's not famous... She used to be a trainee for SM...  It doesn't matter. Point is that if Eunhyuk can recommend her, then I can trust her... Arasso? ...Great! ...Don't worry. We'll start bright and early. 고맙습니다!  ...Will do...Take care!"

He hangs up the phone with a grin. "So, Jaehwa-ah? How early can you be ready to practice at SM?"

"Any time. Just give me a time and I'll be ready, 형 [hyung]," you say, resolving to do your best since he's counting on you.

"How about we try to get there like at around 6:30 in the morning? Sounds good?"

"네 [Ne]," you reply with a smile. Butterflies flutter within your stomach in excitement. It's been a long time since you got to do anything like that.

----

After your shower, you sit on your bed, searching through 'music' on your cell phone. You scroll down the list of songs, hoping to find the one that you will have to learn for tomorrow night. Ah! There it is! "1-4-3 (I Love You) [feat. f(Amber)]" You click on the song to play it. 

While the music plays, you exit the 'music' folder and pull up the internet. It takes you a moment to figure out how it works, since you've never used the internet on the phone before, but it's pretty simple. You search "Henry 1-4-3 feat. Amber lyrics". You click on the results, looking over the lyrics until you find the rap part. 

"내 맘 전달 안되지 [I can’t express my heart]

끝이 없는 무성 영화 [It’s like an endless silent film]

어떻게 who what when or where [How, who, what, when or where]

계속 반복되는 드라마 [The drama keeps repeating]

말을 안해도 우린 서로의 사인을 믿지 [We don’t speak but we trust in each other’s signs]

Cuz your 1-4-3 is my 4-8-6

Saying I love you are u gonna love me?"

It shouldn't be too hard. You listen carefully as you listen to the rap in the song. Yeah, shouldn't be too hard at all. You listen to Amber's voice. She's pretty good. You wonder what kind of girl she is. Is she a girly girl who just happens to rap? Is she a tomboy? 

You turn your attention back to the task at hand.  It would be great if you could learn the rap tonight so that there's less work and stress tomorrow. 

You start with doing a few vocal warm-ups, being quiet so as not to wake your 형 [hyungs]. Then you pull up a karaoke version and get to practicing, keeping the volume down as you do so.

After a good solid hour, you think you have it down pretty well. You won't know for sure until tomorrow morning, when you won't have to be quiet. Until then, there's really no point in practicing until tomorrow. You crawl under the covers and shut off the light. Butterflies flutter around your stomach again. Maybe your dream isn't that far off after all...

----

Your phone alarm goes off at 5:20am. You shut it off, rubbing the sleepy out of your eyes. You yawn, trying to remember why the alarm was set so early... Oh, yeah!

You jump out of bed and rush to the bathroom. You wash your face and brush your hair quickly. You throw on some simple makeup and open your drawers quickly pulling out the clothes you'll need for the day. You scramble into a pair of sweats, a racerback tank top, a hoodie, a baseball cap, and your skater shoes. You zip up the hoodie and shove an extra set of clothes in your bag for later. You throw your bag over your shoulder and exit your room. 

You head to the kitchen and grab a water bottle and put it in your bag before zipping it up. You grab an apple and begin eating, heading toward the living room to wait for Henry. As you chew on a bite, you pull out your phone to look at the time. 5:58am.

You sit on the couch, placing your bag next to you. You take another bite of your apple, listening to the quiet around you. You begin to wonder if Henry is even up. As if on cue, Henry stumbles into the living room, holding his shoes and a duffel bag. "Mornin'," he says sleepily, placing his duffel bag on the ground before sitting down on the couch next to you. He drops his shoes on the floor and rubs his eyes sleepily.

"Mornin'," you respond. "Tired?"

"Yeah," he says with a yawn. 

"Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter