Of Ships and Sails

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wake up, having had a long and well-deserved rest. You stretch, getting out of bed. The sun is shining brightly outside and you feel just absolutely ecstatic about having the day off. 

You practically leap out of bed and throw open your dresser. You're not sure why, but you feel like being the most girly you've been in a long time. After putting on a lacy bra and boy shorts, you change into an off-the-shoulder sapphire blue top with lace paneling in the back, black denim shorts, and your classic baseball cap turned to the side.

After throwing on some quick makeup, you bolt out of your room and head to the living room. "형 [Hyungs]!" you call. "Is anyone awake?! It's 11:45 am!" You reach the living room and see someone sitting on the couch, watching some sort of drama. 

He turns around to face you.

It's him. 

"Everyone else is gone. It's just you and me. Want to watch this with me?"

"Sure," you respond casually, trying to prevent your heart from beating faster just from the mere site of him. You take a seat next to him. 

You both watch the drama for awhile until it finally ends. 

He takes the remote in his hand and starts flipping through the channels. After a few minutes, he turns off the TV, muttering, "Nothing on."

You click your tongue. "Well, what do you want to do now?"

He looks at you, his eyes widening. "How long have you been wearing that?" he asks.

"This whole time," you reply.

"Oh. It looks really good on you." His eyes glance over you, the color rising in his face a little. He changes the topic quickly. "Want some water? I'm thirsty."

"Sure," you reply.

He gets up a little too quickly and immediately crashes to the floor. 

"Are you alright?" you ask getting up from the couch and going to him. You crouch down, rolling him on his back as he just laughs at his own folly. He sees you looking at him and immediately bolts up to a sitting position. Again, he does this a little too quickly, and ends up with his face just centimeters from yours, your eyes gazing into his.

He stares into your eyes for a long moment before closing his eyes as his lips meet yours...

****

You bolt up from bed, breathing heavily. What in the world was that?

You look at the clock. 

You've only been asleep for an hour. "Aish..." you groan, ruffling your hair in irritation.

Why in the world did you just dream about that?!

Seriously, you must be sick or something. He's your 형 [hyung]!

You take a deep breath. Whether or not this is some sort of strange, sick delusion on your part or you really are developing feelings for someone, you can't do this. They are your 형 [hyungs] for crying out loud!

When you are around the guys, you just have to be your same old self...

...and PLEASE! None of these weird dreams!

You lay back down, closing your eyes to sleep...

... 

An image flashes in your mind.

His lips meet yours...

You bolt awake again. "Aish! What is wrong with me?!" you cry, looking at the clock again. 

Really? Only half an hour?

This is going to be one looooong night.

****

"Jaekyu!" you hear a voice call out, opening your door. You groan.

You must have forgotten to lock the door last night before bed. Ugh! It's everyone's day off today. Shouldn't they all be sleeping too? You just want to sleep in after that long night of horrid dreams.

You groan, turning over onto your stomach and burying your face in your pillow. "Go away," you mutter. "It's too early. Let me sleep in."

"Oh, c'mon! Rise and shine!" the voice says again. You can't seem to place the voice, probably because it is too early to think about it.

"아니 [Ani]! Let me sleep..." you groan sleepily.

"Oh, get up!" he says again as you feel him jump on top of you. 

You bury your head under your pillow. "Go away, 형 [hyung]! I want to sleep! Leave me be!"

He laughs. "형 [Hyung]? Who are you calling '형 [hyung]'? I'm your 동생 [dongsaeng], remember?"

"미안해 [Mianhae], Henry-ah," you mutter. 

He chuckles, snatching the pillow from off your head. 

"YAH!" you cry, sitting up quickly to snatch it back. "GIVE IT BA--" Your mouth drops and your eyes widen in horror.

Omo!

Suho stares back at you, his mouth hanging open, looking at you in shock, his eyes darting from your face to your chest. "Aigoo... You're a--" He staggers back, his left hand landing on the bandages you had left there last night. As he feels the texture of them beneath his fingers, he snaps his head to see what they are. His eyes widen as he looks back at you for a moment. He stumbles off the bed, making his way to the door quickly as he continues to stare at you in surprise. "You're a--" He turns his back to you and bolts out the door. 

"SUHO!" you cry, leaping out of bed and bolting down the hallway in pursuit. "SUHO!"

He runs into the living room. "AIGOO!!! GUYS!!!! JAEKYU IS--"

You tackle him to the ground. He struggles to get out of your grasp, but you overpower him, sitting on top of him and pinning his hands above his head. "Suho! I can explain!"

His eyes narrow at you. "YAH! Who do you think you are?! How could you be treating your 형 [hyung]... er... 오빠 [oppas] like that?! TRICKING THEM?!"

Zhou Mi and Eunhyuk burst into the living room upon hearing the commotion.

"Just calm down, Suho-ah. Let me expla--"

He cuts you off. "Why should I, Jaekyu or whoever you are?!?!?! What are you?! Some sort of crazed anti-fan out to get my 형 [hyungs]?!?!?!?!"

Shindong, Sungmin, Henry, and Kyuhyun bolt into the room as well, still dressed in their pajamas.

Suho turns to look at his 형 [hyungs]. "Yah! Do you see Jaekyu?! She's been tricking you this whole time!!" He glares up at you with pain and anger in his eyes. "I thought you were my 형 [hyung]!" he spits out, his tongue filled with bitterness.

This strikes a chord within you, and you begin to feel a wave of guilt overpower you. You gulp, trying to moisten your throat which has suddenly gone dry. You let go of his wrists and get off of him. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]," you say quietly, sitting on the carpet next to him. 

His eyes pierce into yours. "You're going to pay for this." He gets up from off the floor, glaring at you. "You're going to pay for trying to hurt my 형 [hyungs]."  He turns to leave, but six other guys stand between him and the door. 

"Suho-ah, we need to talk," says Zhou Mi quietly.

"형 [Hyung], I--" His eyes widen, realizing that the they don't look upset over the news. "Wait. Don't tell me that you all knew?"

Everyone nods. 

"네 [Ne]," confirms Zhou Mi. "We knew the whole time."

Suho looks between you and the rest of the members gathered in the room. As his eyes meet yours, you see betrayal in them. 

You take a slow breath. "Suho--"

He bites the inside of his lower lip. "So, this is what your real voice sounds like, '형 [hyung]'?" His words drip with sarcasm as he addresses you as '형 [hyung]'

You let out a small sigh of disappointment. "내 [Ne]," you reply quietly. "This is my real voice." You take another breath, pulling out your phone to search something on the internet. "And my name is not Hwang Jaekyu." You hold out your phone to him. "It's Jang Jaehwa."

His jaw is still set with a look of anger, but you can see the curiousity begin to burn in his eyes as they flick from your face to the phone in your outstretched hand. Curiousity triumphs over anger. He snatches the phone from your hand, looking at the article that defamed your name. The libel that ruined your reputation as Jang Jaehwa.

He reads the article and looks back at you with a look of disgust. "So, is this your way of getting back at SM?"

Your eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "아니 [Ani]! That article is false."

Suho rolls his eyes, obviously not believing you. He starts to walk towards the door again, but the rest of the members are still in his way.

"Suho, listen." Zhou Mi places a hand on Suho's shoulder. "What Jaehwa says is true. Why don't we start over from the very beginning?"

You nod in agreement. "That would probably be best." 

Suho looks between the different members faces and knows that no matter what he says, he will be forced to listen. "Fine," he sighs reluctantly, taking a seat on the couch.

You take a seat on the floor, breathing out. Well, here goes nothing...

****

Suho stares at you dumbfounded, taking in the truth of your tale. His eyes keep trailing off, as if he's not sure what to make of the situation. His eyes finally connect with yours and a chuckle escapes his mouth. He shakes his head. "So my 형 [hyung] is actually my 누나 [nuna]..." He leans back against the couch, putting his hands behind his head. "I would have never guessed if I hadn't..." He trails off for a moment, sitting back up and dropping his hands to his lap. "Oh. 미안해 [Mianhae] about earlier." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. 

You shake your head. "You have nothing to be sorry for, my 동생 [dongsaeng]. I'm the one who needs to apologize for lying to you an--"

Suho cuts you off. "Yah! Jaek-- Jaehwa. You had to do what you had to do, right? I just have to really give you props for pulling this off so far." His face furls into a happy grin. "I'm just glad that you are not some crazy fan or something." 

You laugh at his statement. "I'm glad I'm not one either."

Suho sits back with a smile. "So, what am I going to call you when I'm over here, '형 [hyung]' or '누나 [nuna]'?"

You shrug. "Whichever you prefer. Just as long as you call me '형 [hyung]' in public."

"If I called you '누나 [nuna]' in public, I think we would get a lot of shippers, don't you think?" Suho looks at you with a grin.

"True. True."

****

Zhou Mi, Suho, and you walk into the mall in slight disguise, nothing over-the-top that would just attract more unwanted attention.

You had persuaded Suho to join you and Zhou Mi, saying you wanted to buy something for him in return for his kindness for wanting to support you and promising to keep your secret.

You three walk into the nearest store, heading to the guys' section. 

Zhou Mi looks at you with a grin. "Ready?"

"I'm going to need a lot of help, 형 [hyung]," you say.

"That's for sure," responds Suho with a smile. He leans down close to your ear. "I saw what you were wearing earlier." He pulls away with a cheeky grin. "And you just can't pull of that look."

You scoff. "I can pull it off better than you ever could."

He chuckles. "I think I like you more now, Jaekyu, than before."

You shake your head, turning your attention back to Zhou Mi. "So, where do we start?"

Zhou Mi places a finger on his chin in a thinking pose. "Hmm..." He looks you up and down quickly. "We have to find something that is somewhat loose yet stylish."

You lift up an eyebrow. "You're not going to turn me into a fashionista, are you 형 [hyung]?"

"You know, I just might try to do that." He begins searching through the racks of clothes trying to pick out what would look good on you as a guy.

He starts pulling out a bunch of hangers, handing them to you by the armfuls. You look over the pile of clothes in your arms. "Um, 형 [hyung]?"

"내 [Ne]?" he responds, his eye focused on looking through an assortment of cardigans.

"Don't you think this is a good start?" You raise your eyebrows over the stack of clothes in front of you.

Zhou Mi looks back at you for a brief moment, noting the size of the stack of clothes in your hand. "아니 [Ani]. We're just getting started."

Your mouth drops. Seriously?

Suho notes your expression and bursts out laughing. "Yah, I'm going to go look around. See if I find anything to buy."

"Here, take the money I was going to use to treat you." You want to take out yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter