Heart Breaker

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Past events again!]

Present:

You take a seat on your bed, satisfied after the variety show today. When they had requested you to appear, they asked if you could perform a break dance routine for them at one point. You consented to it, realizing that you would have to make some modifications to your wardrobe to prevent your shirt from riding up during the spins. With some advice from the 형 [hyungs] you came up with your "concept" for your little performance. You dressed as a "nerd", sporting a tucked-in shirt, red suspenders, a belt, thick-rimmed plastic glasses, and a polka-dot bow tie. Your rather goofy outfit sparked some laughter, but at least it kept your shirt in place with the belt and the suspenders. 

You are curious to know how your fans responded to your performance. You sign into your account and begin to scroll through your page, looking through the comments that your fans have put up over the past several days.

The videos that fans took of you at the mall the other day have ciculated widely. In response, one fan wrote that you have a big heart for caring like that, sparking a debate of maybe having your fan base be called hearts. 

Underneath that you come across the comments about today's performance:

xXKpopisMyLifeXx: 오빠 [Oppa]!!! You are so funny and handsome at the same time! :P

TeUkJaE1315: 진짜 [Jinjja], 오빠 [oppa]? A nerd costume? ^-^

4EverELF: Listen, ELF! I think I've got a name for our fan base: Breakers! Since 오빠 [oppa] break dances.

Eunhae_JaeSung: Breakers? I still like Hearts...

SujuPan: What about Heart Breakers?

TeUkJaE1315: I love that idea! 

SNSDRocks_SujuRules: Yah! Fanboy here! I don't want to be called a Heart Breaker!

SujuPan: How about fanboys are called Heart Throbs?

SNSDRocks_SujuRules: I like it.

SapphireBLUESeaEternity: So do I.

SJinDaHouse4eva: Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs!!!

 

You chuckle as you continue to scroll through the remaining six comments. Apparently, your fan base really likes the idea of being Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs. You read the last comment:

SujuPan: Jaekyu- 오빠 [oppa]?! What do you think? Can we be your Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs? ^^

 

You type in response:

Jaekyu: Of course! You are now officially Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs!

 

Thus, your fan base becomes official.

****

2003.12.02 (December 2, 2013):

Script in hand, you pace back and forth in one of the vocal practice rooms, trying to memorize your lines. You hear the knob on the door turn.

Omo!

You're not supposed to be here!

You duck behind the risers quickly, hoping to avoid being spotted. You hear footsteps echo against the floor as the individual makes his way toward the black piano in the room. The piano bench creaks slightly as the individual sits on it. 

Silence hangs in the room for about a solid minute or two. Slowly the individual begins to play a dreary, dismal tune on the piano. He continues like that for a few minutes. You don't dare to raise yourself to see who the person is. The tune carries on for a few more moments before the piano player begins to speed up, his playing becoming loud and sloppy. Several keys on the piano are slammed down at once, creating a ghastly noise and the person suddenly ends. 

A dreadful silence fills the room with a heavy atmosphere like a thick cloud of smoke. You continue to crouch in your position. It would be horrible to come out or be discovered at a time like this. Obviously, whoever is in here is upset and does not want to be bothered. You wonder if there's a way for you to escape out of here without being caught...

You quickly dismiss the thought. There's no way you can do that. 

Muffled sobs come from the piano. 

Aigoo...

Now what?

You glance over to the little supply closet in the back. Maybe you could sneak in there and then come out with your earbuds in and pretend not to have noticed or heard anything... Why not? What have you got to lose?

You carefully crawl over to the supply closet, hoping that whoever is at the piano will fail to notice you. You reach the supply closet. Slowly pulling yourself to your feet, you glance back at the individual at the piano to make sure that he doesn't notice you. His head is buried in his hands as the leans his elbows against the piano. You recognize him immediately. It's Sungmin. You haven't seen him for awhile. You're not sure why. You assumed that maybe he was sick. Now, you wonder if something else is going on...

You bite your lower lip. Should you reveal yourself now and try to offer some assistence or should you wait in the closet and give him time? You decide to go with the first option. You open the door to the supply closet quietly before shutting it loudly, rousing Sungmin from his reverie.

"Sungmin-ah? Is everything alright?" you ask, making your way to him as if you had just gotten out from the supply closet. 

He quickly dries his eyes with the back of his hands. "Jaehwa-ah? What are you doing here?" 

You hold up your script as you reach the grand instrument. "Memorizing my lines."

"In the closet?" he asks suspiciously, trying to compose himself.

"네 [Ne]," you respond. "I didn't want to be caught in here."

He shakes his head ever so slightly, taking a deep breath.

"What's going on 형 [hyung]? Is everything alright?" 

His chest rises and falls slowly, heaving a sigh of disappointment. "It's over."

You take a seat next to him on the piano bench. "What do you mean, 'it's over'?"

"They canceled it," he replies as another tear begins to slide out of his eye, spilling onto his cheek.

"Canceled what?" you ask, your voice lowering as you place a hand on his left shoulder and tilt your head slightly to read his face a bit more clearly.

"The group," he responds bluntly. "Junsu is going to debut with another group soon."

"Mwo?!" you exclaim in surprise. "왜 [Wae]?" 

Sungmin shrugs, wiping the tear off of his cheek. "I don't know." He lets out a sigh. "I feel like I've wasted all this time training. What was the point of it all? I've been practicing my vocals for long hours everyday, and for what?" He looks away. "I don't feel like doing this any more."

"형 [Hyung]..." you begin softly, giving him a pat on the back. "You--"

He cuts you off. "Jaehwa-ah, I'm really thinking about quitting."

****

Present:

"You ready for this?" asks Sungmin with a grin as you and the rest of Super Junior head toward the dressing room after having your hair and makeup completed.

You click your tongue as you adjust the strap on your duffel bag which is slung across your shoulder. "I hope so. It'll be fun to see how this goes." You drop your voice to a whisper before continuing, "Considering the only photoshoots I've done were when I was a girl." You chuckle, pulling away from Sungmin. 

You all enter the dressing room. You head past all the other clothes racks until you find the one with your name on it. You pull the first hanger off the rack, your eyes widening as you do so.

Uh, oh. Not good.

You snatch the concept sketch from where it is taped on the rack. You look it over carefully. This isn't on there at all. You hold up the shirt. "Excuse me, Mrs Choi! I think there's been a mistake with mine." 

The head coordinater comes over to you, looking over the garment in your hand. "아니요 [Aniyo]. That is right."

Your eyes could not be any wider than if you had exhanged them for golf balls. "확실해요 [hwaksilhaeyo (Are you sure)]? I'm positive I said I didn't want any ab showing."

"Lee Sooman said it would be better to make more of the fans accepting of you by putting you in something more y," she gives you a smile. "Besides, Kyuhyun gave us the idea." She bows her head and turns to exit the dressing room. She claps her hands. "Hurry, hurry! Get dressed so the makeup artists can do the body art next."

As the door closes, you let out a groan. 

"What's wrong, Jaekyu-ah?" asks Sungmin from the next clothes rack. 

You hold up the garment. "This is what's wrong." You twirl on your heels to face the opposite side of the room. You spot the culprit. "Yah! Kyu 형 [hyung]! You jerk!"

"What is it now, Jaekyu-ah?" he asks turning his head from the costume rack in front of him.

You hold up the garment in your hand, walking toward him. "Look what your stupid comment did to my wardrobe for the photoshoot!" 

"I think it'll look quite lovely on you, my dear," he says nonchalantly. "I don't think you need to worry about being too fat."

"Aish..." you mutter, walking back to your clothes rack and dragging it over to the small, one-person washroom located in the back of the dressing room for convience purposes. You snatch the pair of pants from off the rack and walk over to Kyuhyun, using the garment in your hand to whack him in the arm.

"Yah!" cries out Kyuhyun angrily. "What was that for?"

Sungmin starts laughing, watching the whole scene for a moment as he begins to undo his shirt buttons.

You turn back towards the washroom, your duffel back still slung across your shoulder. "You know what, Kyuhyun-ah!" you call back before closing the door to the washroom behind you.

****

2003.12.02 (December 2, 2013):

"When did they decide for Junsu to be with another group?" you ask quietly.

"A little while ago. I don't even know how long now. I've been trying to avoid this place for a bit." He lets out a heavy sigh, laced with disappointment. "I'm just not sure what to do..." 

You click your tongue, unsure of how to reply to him. You would give anything to finally be able to train. However, what would it be like to train for so long, without results? You have no idea. You ponder for a moment. At least, he will be more prepared when he actually does debut...

"Keep going, 형 [hyung]. This was just like a rehearsal for when you get to a real group. When you get into a real group, all of this training and hard work will have finally paid off, 형 [hyung]. Don't get too discouraged. You are talented and all of those talents will just make you even more successful." 

He smiles sadly, not fully believing the truth of what you said. He nods a bit. "I'll try to keep that in mind."

You hear the disbelief in his voice and it irks you. You punch him in the arm.

"Yah! Why did you do that to me?" His eyes widen at you like he's unsure if you are sane or not.

"You don't believe what I'm saying! You will be successful, Sungmin-ah!"

He rolls his eyes, and you respond by giving him another punch in the arm. "Don't be so rude, 형 [hyung]! I know what I'm saying! Mark my words, you will be successful!"

He puckers his lower lip out in a pout, raising his fists to his eyes and pretending to cry. "미안해 [Mianhae]..."

You scoff. "Enough with the aegyo. It doesn't suit you."

He looks at you in shock. "I'll be the most successful at 애교 [aegyo]. I'll be the king of aegyo." He smiles cutely.

You shake your head. "Yeah, right."

****

Present:

You look down at yourself for a moment, clicking your tongue in irritation. Stupid Kyuhyun! You bend down, pulling out your phone from your duffel bag. You take a picture of your reflection in the washroom mirror and then quickly text your father, sending the picture to him.

You: 아빠 [Appa], I have a problem...

Appa: I don't really see your problem.

You: Um... The shirt!

Appa: You're worried about that?

You: Can't you tell I'm a girl?

Appa: Not at all. The rips in the shirt actually make it look more masculine with the bit of ab it shows.

You: Are you positive?

Appa: Jaehwa, if your chest was exposed, then it would be obvious. Plus, you're also going to have the armor stuff on too, right? 

You: 네 [Ne]... 

Appa:  No one will think you're a girl, arasso?

You: Arasso...

Appa: Hwaiting!

 

You groan, tossing your phone back into your duffel bag and hoisting the bag over your shoulder. You open the door with one hand and cover your eyes with the other. "Are you all decent in here?" you ask. 

"네 [Ne]," you hear Sungmin's voice respond.

You uncover your eyes and start sorting through the rest of your rack, which you left outside of the washroom door. There's an assortment of leather, chains, and 'battle' type of things. The concept for the photoshoot is having survived some fantastical battle after having endured much. It's supposed to show that no matter what is thrown at Super Junior, you will always immerge victorious despite the scars of battle. 

It's such a different concept for the album than Super Junior's normal album concepts. However, the MVs are going to be kind of a throwback to some of the earlier MVs over the years to show that even though Super Junior may change a bit, you all are still the same individuals and will never forget who you all truly are. This will be especially showcased with the second MV which will actually feature Henry and Zhou Mi and prepare ELF for the inevitable outcome of making them officially a part of Super Junior. 

You bend down, taking off your sneakers and replacing them with the black combat boots lined at the top with silver stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter