KyuJae Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You cannot believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It is all over now.

Your career is over. 

There is no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that have not fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the wall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

"It wasn't my idea!" snaps back Heechul, shoving you off of him. "Why don't you just ask your boyfriend?"

"My WHAT?" 

Heechul scoffs. "Don't play dumb. I can tell you like your 'Kyu- 형 [hyung]'." He smirks at you before turning away to head to the dressing room. You stand there in shock.

Does Kyuhyun know you like him?

Is that why--

--he exposed you?

You fall back against the wall. 

How could you have been so stupid?!

You bite your lower lip to keep the tears from falling. 

You feel your heart clench within your chest and your stomach drops with a sick feeling. 

You lean against the wall for support, your mind plagued with thoughts of his betrayal. A heavy sigh escapes your being. You push yourself off of the wall and begin to head down the hall toward the dressing room. 

Before you reach the door; however, you find your duffel bag on the floor several meters away, your stuff strung across the hallway. A few of the makeup 동생 [dongsaengs] glare at you from where they are huddled in a group further down the hall. 

Sighing, you begin to pick up your stuff quickly, shoving the items in your duffel bag haphazardly. You hear footsteps approach from down the corridor. You look up instinctively and see Kyuhyun heading your way. 

Feeling a lump in your throat, you quicken your pace, shoving the remaining items into your duffel bag and getting to your feet.

"Jaehwa-ah!" calls Kyuhyun from behind you.

You walk quickly, heading down the corridor. As soon as you reach the corner, you bolt away, heading to the nearest women's room to both escape to and change in. 

You bolt inside and hurry into the largest stall. 

You let out a staggered breath as tears fall from your eyes. You open up your duffel bag and begin to change into your street clothes. Since there is no longer any point to wearing the bandages, you don a large hoodie to cover your unsupported s, since you do not carry a bra with you.

After putting on all your street clothes, you leave the stall and head to the sink. You turn on the water and cup your hands under the steady stream, bringing your hands up to your face to wash your face and eyes. As you lean over the sink, continuing to bathe your red eyes with the cold water, you hear the door to the women's restroom open. You keep your head down, not wanting to have to face a makeup 동생 [dongsaeng] or anyone else for that matter.

"No matter how much you stare at your reflection in the mirror, it's not going to change," you hear Kyuhyun's voice say.

You gulp, grabbing a paper towel from the dispenser next to you. You begin drying off your face, hoping to keep yourself calm while your heart feels as if it is about to crack. You toss the paper towel in the trash recepticle. Keeping your head low as you begin to head to the door, you try to ignore Kyuhyun and walk past him.

No such luck. 

He gets right in front of you, blocking your escape. 

"Let me pass," you mutter quietly.

Kyuhyun sighs. "Jaehwa-ah, we need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about." You move to your left to get past him. 

He steps in the way again. "Please, Jaehwa. Listen to me."

You sigh, staring at the ground below, afraid to face him as tears start to fall down your face again.

"I didn't want to expose you, but I didn't want you hurting yourself any more either." His tone changes into a teasing one. "I thought maybe you should share that nice rack of yours with the rest of the world." He chuckles nervously when you do not react with the punch he thought he would receive from his comment. His chuckle cuts off abruptly. "Jaehwa?"

You feel his hand come under your chin and he tilts your head to look up at him. He is instantly taken back when he sees the tears on your face.

You jerk your head away from him. "Excuse me. I would like to leave now." You move your body to the right, trying to get past him.

He steps in front of you again. "Wait, Jaehwa. Let me finish. I'm sorry!" He places his hands on your arms. "I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, but--" He breaks off, taking a deep breath. "I like you and I don't want my girl hurting herself any more. The guys told me what happened the other day." He lets out a frusterated breath. "It needed to end. I like you. And I don't want you to ever hurt yourself again!" 

You stare at him in shock. 

He likes you?

That's why he exposed you?

He did not not want you to hurt yourself any more?

You feel your heart begin to beat faster in anticipation. 

He likes you! 

Your heart does a somersault within your chest. A smile crosses your face, replacing the pain of moments before.

Kyuhyun notices the smile and one of his own forms across his face. He opens his mouth to speak, but you are too quick for him. You place your hand on his lips. "I like you too." Your smile turns to a pointed look. "But don't you dare say anything that will ruin this moment or make me want to hurt you."

He smiles reassuringly down at you, as he begins to wrap his arms around you. "Now what makes you think I would do that?" He looks at you innocently, but you can see the mischievous glint in his eyes. 

Your eyes narrow. "What are-- Eeeeep!" You let out a mouselike shriek as Kyuhyun pinches you. You jump up slightly in surprise and Kyuhyun takes advantage of the situation, placing his hands on the backs of your thighs and hoisting you up. "Eeeep!" you cry again, throwing your arms around his neck to keep you steady. 

Kyuhyun smirks up at you as you look down at him from your new vantage point. "I wonder what those lips will feel like against mine," he says cheekily with a wink.

"Aish..." you mumble, but not before Kyuhyun's smirk turns to a soft smile. 

"I love you," he says, leaning toward you. 

You feel your heart beat faster as you instinctively move forward to meet him. "I love you too." Your lips meet his in a beautiful kiss. He begins to spin you around. You break away laughing, feeling much happier than you have ever been before. 

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continues their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she has been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that is an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support. 

****

As you sit in the family section at one of the Super Shows, you feel your phone vibrate in your pocket. You pull out your phone discreetly and look at the screen. You have one new text from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun: 야 [Ya], get back here. I need you right now.

You: What do you want? 

Kyuhyun: Just get back here.

You: Seriously, what do you want?

Kyuhyun: Just get back here. 

You: Why?

Kyuhyun: Aish... Why do you take so long?

You: Hold your horses, woman! I'm on my way! I think someone misses her 오빠 [oppa] a little too much! ;)

 

With that, you put your cell phone back in your pocket and begin to descend the stairs to head backstage. You quickly and stealthly make it backstage, security letting you through. You make your way around the backstage area until you find Kyuhyun in the dressing room

"What is it, Kyu- 형 [hyung]?" you ask, shoving your hands in your pockets. "Did you miss 오빠[oppa]?" You send him a wink.

Kyuhyun scoffs. "As if." He tosses something at you. "Put this on."

You catch it and then hold it out, examining the garment. "What for?" you ask, eyeing the short, white dress with skepticism.

"Seohyun is sick and can't sing the duet with me," he replies. "So, since I can't do it with her, I figured you could do a decent enough job." He winks at you mischievously. "Oh, and I hope the dress fits. I wasn't sure what size 오빠 [oppa] is." 

You chuckle, heading to the washroom. "Well, I'm sure it will fit."

"야 [Ya]!" Kyuhyun calls after you. "Where are you going?"

"To change."

"I've seen men's underwear before, Jaehwa."

You laugh, turning around. "Well, you're not going to see mine, woman." You give him a smirk before entering the washroom.

---

You step out on stage, donned in the short, white, strapless dress and white heels. Your hair is styled and your makeup is flawless. 

The spotlight fades in on you as the music begins. You open your mouth to begin singing.

 

"I've been living with a shadow overhead,
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,
I've been lonely for so long,
Trapped in the past,
I just can't seem to move on! ["Way Back to Love" by Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant]

 

Kyuhyun appears from a trap door down the runway part of the stage, singing his part.

 

"I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,
Just in case I ever need 'em again someday,
I've been setting aside time,
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind!"

 

You look down the stage towards him as he turns in your direction. You both sing in unison.

 

"All I wanna do is find a way back into love.
I can't make it through without a way back into love.
Ooo hooow..."

 

You start walking down the stage to meet him, singing your part.

 

"I've been searching but I just don't see the signs,
I know that it's out there,
There's gotta be something for my soul somewhere!"

 

Kyuhyun starts to walk towards you too. As he sings, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would make sure that you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter