JaeSung Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that haven't fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the hall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

Heechul shrugs you off of him hard. "Shut it, Jaehwa-ah." He gives you a pointed look. "It had to be done." He adjusts his shirt back into place from having been wrinkled by you slamming into him. "I'm glad Yesung asked me to do it."

Your eyes widen in shock and you feel your throat grow dry.

Yesung asked him to do it?

But... why?

You stare at Heechul in disbelief, hoping that you heard him wrong. "You're joking, r-right?" your voice cracks. You clear your throat, trying to cover up your slip-up.

Heechul narrows his eyes for a moment, tilting his head slightly as he seems to be considering something. A smirk starts to form across his face. "I think you better have a talk with him yourself." With that Heechul turns and starts walking down the corridor. 

As soon as he turns the corner away from your view, you slink back against the wall.

Yesung had Heechul expose you?

You let yourself slide down to the floor, putting your head in your hands. 

You like him...

...and now?

Your chest tightens in pain and tears begin to burn your eyes again. You pull your baseball cap low and keep your head bent as you begin to hear footsteps approach.

"Jaehwa-ah?" you hear a familiar voice close by.

You keep your head down, not knowing what to do.

You feel his presence come nearer. "Jaehwa-ah?" Yesung's voice sounds strained as if he is trying to hold back tears. 

Why would he be crying?

You look up slowly as he lowers himself to the floor next to you. "Jaehwa-ah, I'm--" he breaks off, taking a deep breath. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]. I shouldn't have-- I just--" He lets out a breath. "I'm sorry I had Heechul do that. I just didn't want you to hurt yourself any more."

You stare at him, still not comprehending why he would do that. "But why, 형 [hyung]?" 

He blinks as if not understanding your question. "You don't know?"

You shake your head, tears beginning to fall uncontrollably. Your heart feels as if it is about to snap in half.

"I love you," Yesung whispers.

You feel your body go numb.

Did you just hear that correctly?

You look at him in bewilderment, unsure if your ears are truly working or not.

Yesung smiles softly at you and brings a hand to your face, wiping away the tears from your cheeks. You feel your cheeks begin to heat with the touch of his hand against your skin. He leans forward and kisses your forehead gently. "I'm sorry."

You feel a smile light up your face. 

He does like you!

Too happy to speak, you shake your head. "Don't be," you croak out in barely a whisper. "I understand, Yesung-ah." You reach up, wiping the tears from his face in return. 

When you start to pull your hand away, he takes it and your other hand in his. "You didn't forget my name, did you, Jaehwa-ah?" he looks into your eyes longingly as he says those words that remind you of so long ago. 

You smile softly. "Of course not, Jongwoon-ah. You're the one with the art-like voice." You smile at him cheekily. 

He chuckles quietly for a brief moment, before looking at you again. 

You feel your heart beat faster.

Jongwoon begins to draw closer to you and you feel yourself instinctively lean forward to him in return.

Your eyes close and you are soon met with the soft press of his lips against yours...

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continue their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she's been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that's an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support. 

****

You sit in the section reserved for family. A smile crosses your lips as the music begins. It's your boyfriend's solo. You hear his voice before the spotlight even shines on him.

 

"Kiss..."

 

The spotlight comes up and you see him standing there with a microphone in his hand. 


"Kiss..."

 

Jongwoon bites his lower lip for a brief moment and then he begins to sing.


"So Kiss me darling, Kiss me, kiss me tonight
Kiss me darling, kiss and you'll be alright
Kiss me darling kiss
Your kiss is so wonderful
My love you'll always be,
My love you'll always..." ["Kiss Me" by Blink182]

 

As he continues to sing, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would make sure that you were doing alright.

"Stay by my side,
Stay for awhile,
Stay here you beautiful girl
Stay in my arms
And I'll sing you a song,
Let me protect you tonight
Cuz I will give you love my love
Like no one's done before
Hug you and holding you tight..."

 

Jongwoon begins to walk around the stage, heading down the runway part towards the reserved section.


"So kiss me darling kiss me kiss me tonight
So kiss me darling kiss and I'll be alright
Kiss me darling kiss
Your kiss is so wonderful
My love you'll always be
My love you'll always be..."

Jongwoon suddenly starts to pick up his pace heading straight for your section.

Your eyes widen as you realize that he is looking at you.

 

"The outside is moving in such a hurry
Don't let its madness blow you down..."

 

He reaches your section and stands right in front of you. You shake your head slightly, indicating that you do not want him to serenade you.


"Come let's throw some light on all this sadness..."

 

He leans over the bar that seperates you two, gazing into your eyes with playfulness.

 
"Come let's make love my dear..."

 

He pecks you on the cheek and then pulls away, skipping away and dancing playfully as the whistling part of the song comes.

You feel your cheeks burn up as the cameras finally take the camera from off you and fill the screens with Jongwoon dancing away. 

Aish...

Despite your embarassment; however, you feel your stomach flutter with happiness.

Jongwoon continues to sing, making his way to every part of the stage.

"Stay by my side
Stay for awhile
Stay here you lovable love
Stay in my arms
And I'll sing you a song 
Let me embrace you tonight
Cuz I will give you love my love
Like no one's done before
Hug you and holdiing you tight..."

 

He circles back around, heading once again for your section.

You feel your throat go dry and your heart quicken within your chest.

"So kiss me darling kiss me kiss me tonight
Kiss me darling kiss and you'll be alright
Kiss me darling kiss
Your kiss is so wonderful
My love you'll always be..."

 

He reaches your section again, and stops right in front of you. He rests his arms on the bar in front of you as he continues to serenade you.


"So kiss me darling kiss kiss me tonight 
So kiss me darling kiss and I'll be alright
Kiss me darling kiss
Your kiss is so wonderful
My love you'll always be
My love..."

 

He lowers his voice to barely a whisper. "Kiss." He leans over the bar and you meet him half-way. He kisses you right then and there, showing to SM and the world that he will always be by your side and will support you.

****

Jongwoon's little stunt at the concert ends up convincing SM to allow you to be a part of Super Junior again; in part due to the influx of support from your Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, and partly due to the fact they wish to avoid more scandal. 

****

Two and a half years later...

Music pours through the speakers set up on the little nightstand by the queen-size bed, which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter