Sticky Situations

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And cut! That's a wrap!" calls out the director of the MV. "Nice work everyone!"

You let out a breath, satisfied with the hard work of the past few days as you and the rest of SJ-M head to the dressing room. "That was fun," you comment before drinking a sip of your water bottle.

"네 [Ne], it was," agrees Sungmin with a grin. "I'm a bit tired though."

You nod in agreement. "I think we all are." You glance around as everyone heads to their little area of the dressing room. Everyone is either yawning or taking a moment to just sit on the ground before they change. You gather up your duffel bag and head into the nearby washroom, holding back a yawn yourself. As the door to the washroom closes behind you, you lean back against it, locking it. You lean back your head for a moment as you let out another yawn. 

Ugh... So tired...

The past few days have been crazy. After the photo shoot for the A and B versions of Super Junior's album, you and the other SJ-M members had the photo shoot for the new SJ-M album. After that, came the shooting for the MV for Super Junior's 7th jib, and then SJ-M just finished with their MV. That's not the end either. With both albums releasing soon, comeback preformances will begin with preparations for the repackage soon afterwards. That is, after the release of the MV for Version B, which will be filmed in two days with Henry and Zhou Mi.

Whew... 

You smile though, thinking about the repackage. It is going to be amazing. During promotions and comeback activites, Super Junior will announce that Henry and Zhou Mi will be officially Super Junior members with the start of the repackage album. 

When you first heard the plan it seemed kind of crazy and messy, but hey! That's SM for you! At least, Zhou Mi and Henry will finally be a part of Super Junior.

You push yourself off the door and open up your duffel bag, taking your clothes out of it. You strip out of the costume and throw on a pair of gray sweats, a blue T-shirt, and a black baseball cap. You take up your duffel bag and hoist it onto your left shoulder, holding your costume in your left hand as you open the door to the washroom, closing your eyes as you do so. After you open the door a bit, you place your hands over your eyes. "Everyone decent in here?" you call out like always.

"네 [Ne]," you hear Ryeowook's voice respond.

You uncover your eyes and begin to put your costume up on the clothes rack. "Swing never gonna give up..." you sing under your breath as you hang up the clothes.  Your mouth opens up subconsciously, letting out a drawn out yawn. You turn, heading towards the door with your duffel bag still slung across your shoulder. 

The rest of SJ-M follows shortly after and you all divide to enter the company vans. You climb into the very back of the van, Sungmin and Siwon climbing in next to you on either side. 

Your phone begins to vibrate. You pull it out of your pocket, grinning when you see that you received a text message from your father.

 

아빠 [Appa]: How did shooting go today?

You: Good! It was fun! But I have to admit, I think all of us are exhausted. 

아빠 [Appa]: I can see why with you and the rest of SJ-M doing double duty...

You: 네 [Ne]. It's fun though. :)

아빠 [Appa]: I'm glad. Just make sure to get some rest, ok?

You: Will do, 아빠 [Appa]! 고맙습니다 [Gomasseumnida]!

아빠 [Appa]: Well, I've got to get back to work. Take care! 화이팅 [Hwaiting]!

 

You smile, putting your phone away and leaning back against the seat.

"If you don't mind my asking," begins Siwon politely and quiet enough so that the company driver does not hear. "Is everything good between you and your 아버지 [abeoji] now?"

"네 [Ne]," you reply in a whisper, grinning. "Everything seems to be just fine."

"That's good to hear," remarks Sungmin with a smile.

You nod your head in agreement. You really are thankful to have him by your side through all of this.

****

The shooting of the MV for the repackage takes three days to complete. However, as everyone gathers to pile into the company vans, no one seems to be fatiqued in any way. Pandemoneum reigns high. All fourteen members are excited for the seventh album to just hurry up and release so that the world can see the new Super Junior with Henry and Zhou Mi.

Leeteuk calls out over the laughter and shouts of the other thirteen members. "야 [Ya]! Everyone get in the vans! When we reach home, everyone meet on the tenth floor! 알았어 [Arrasso]?"

"알았어 [Arrasso]!" everyone responds excitedly.

Leeteuk grins and everyone hurries into their assigned vans.

The trip back home is almost as noisey as when everyone is finally gathered together in the living room on the tenth floor, sprawled out all over the sofas and the carpet.

"야 [Ya]! 야 [Ya]!" calls out Leeteuk with a wide grin. "Be quiet for a moment!"

"아니 [Ani]," responds Heechul, tossing a pillow at the leader. 

Leeteuk catches the pillow and tosses it right back. "Listen up, everyone!" Everyone finally calms down a little bit to give him some attention. He smiles. "I just wanted to say that I'm thankful that we are all one now. Even though ELF and the rest of the world doesn't know it yet, we do. I'm happy that we all are 'official' now, though not 'official' just yet." He grins over at Henry and Zhou Mi. "It's not going to be easy once the MV and the repackage come out, because we will get hate over the matter. We have to all stick together no matter what though." He raises a fist in the air. "화이팅 [Hwaiting]!" He smiles, looking around at everyone before stretching his hand out in a five shape. "We are Syupeo Juni-"

"-Oyeo!" responds everyone with their hands outstretched and a smile on their faces. 

"Time to celebrate!" cries out Heechul excitedly, jumping up to head to the kitchen.

Leeteuk shakes his head. "Wait!" He snatches Heechul by the arm. "First, does anyone have any schedules tomorrow?"

Everyone else shakes their head. "아니 [Ani]. No schedules."

"We have an interview in the morning," you respond, gesturing between you and Sungmin.

Sungmin stands up from his position on the floor. "How about we make dinner for you all and you guys can just celebrate without us?"

Kangin grins. "Sounds good to me. I could use some soju."

You shake your head as you stand up, heading toward the kitchen with Sungmin.

"Well, what are we making?" you ask, washing your hands in the sink.

"Something that everyone will love whether they are drunk or not," replies Sungmin as he watches Kangin enter the kitchen, grabbing two packages of soju before heading back to the living room.

You chuckle. "That sounds like quite the undertaking. How do you propose we do that?" you ask good-humouredly as you turn off the faucet and dry your hands on a wash cloth.

"I have my ways," responds Sungmin with a wink before opening up the refridgerator. He pulls out several pizza dough rolls, tossing them on the counter before taking out the rest of them.

"I like your idea," you reply with a chuckle, opening up the pantry and taking out the ingredients to make pizza sauce. "Although," you continue, taking out a pot from the cupboard. "I think you need to show me your trick of doing the pizza dough tossing. It's so fun to watch." You begin to make the sauce as Sungmin takes out the vegetables used as toppings from the fridge.

He smiles. "Sure. It's fun to do. I'll have to teach you."

You scoff. "I didn't mean that, although it would be fun to learn. Nah, I'll just watch you do it."

Sungmin scrunches up his eyes as he gives you a wide, cutesy smile. "But 언니 [unni], I want to teach you!"

Chuckling, you shake your head. "Don't call me '언니 [unni]'. It's too weird."

"You call me '형 [hyung]'," retorts Sungmin with a smug look.

You roll your eyes. "That's different."

"How is it any different?" he asks, keeping his eyes focused on his work as he cuts up an onion, his eyes getting somewhat watery. 

"It just is," you reply with an air of finality, knowing that you have no real arguement, but would rather not have to come up with an excuse.

"언니 [Unni] can't think of anything to say?" teases Sungmin in a cute voice.

You scoff. "야 [Ya] 형[hyung], that's--" You bite your lower lip, trying to come up with some sort of retort; but sadly, failing completely. 

"Is little Jaehwa- 언니 [unni] getting tongue-tied around her 오빠 [oppa]?" he asks, continuing to speak in a cutesy, baby voice.

"Will you stop doing that 애교 [aegyo]?" you ask impatiently, feeling your cheeks begin to flush in embarrassment. "It's really irritating."

He chuckles. "Fine, Jaehwa- 언니 [unni]!"

"하지마 [Hajima]!"

****

After Sungmin and you get all the ingredients chopped and the sauce is prepared, Sungmin takes one of the doughs from off the counter, unwrapping it. "Jaehwa-ah," he says. "Catch!" He tosses you the dough. You catch it in your hands and look down at it like it's some foreign object, not knowing how in the world you are going to toss this thing without dropping it. 

"Well, 형 [hyung], if this was a ball then I would know what to do with this, but his isn't a baseball, 형 [hyung]. I'm slightly worried." You chuckle, making fun of yourself. You cut your chuckle short as you feel your chest begin to tighten with pain. You try to stifle a grimace from forming across your face, hoping Sungmin doesn't notice. Stupid bandages!  You have not had a chance to change back to a girl yet.

Sungmin shakes his head slightly, unwrapping another dough. "It's not that hard. If you can breakdance and pretend to be a guy, then I'm sure you can handle pizza tossing." He tilts his head sideways for a moment, evidently thinking about something. "Speaking of which, um, Jaehwa-ah?" He looks down at the dough in his hands, slowly kneading, unsure of how to ask his question tactfully.

"네 [Ne]?" you ask, raising your eyebrow, wondering if maybe he did notice your grimace.

"Don't you find it hard to always put up the guy act?" he asks. "You never get a chance to be the real you ever in public." He looks at you curiously.

You shake your head. "아니 [Ani]. Jaekyu and Jaehwa are so similar that it's ridiculous how easy it is to do. I don't even think I could even consider it acting at times." You laugh softly, careful not to do so too loudly since you don't want to aggravate the pain in your chest any more so than you have to do. "All I have to do is add more 'swagger' to myself."

Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter