HyukJae Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that have not fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the wall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

Heechul shoves you off of him. "It wasn't my idea," he spits out, penetrating your cold gaze with his fiery eyes. 

"Oh, yeah?!" You glare at him. "Then whose was it?"

"Eunhyuk's," replies Heechul, holding your gaze.

You feel your heart drop within your chest.

"Eunhyuk?" you ask, your voice suddenly hoarse. 

"네 [Ne]," says Heechul, turning away from you. "So, don't blame me and talk to him yourself!" He heads down the corridor toward the dressing room, leaving you by yourself with only your thoughts and emotions to accompany you.

Eunhyuk exposed you?

You sink back against the wall, sliding down until your rear reaches the floor. 

How could he do that to you? 

Why? 

You bring your knees up to your chest and wrap your arms around your legs.

You like him.

You pull down your baseball cap low over your eyes and bury your head in your knees as tears gently begin to fall down your face. 

You like him and he exposed you. 

You feel your heart clench in your chest. 

How could you have been so blind? 

He does not return your feelings.

You feel the hot tears begin to slide faster, spilling onto your jeans. 

A hand falls on your shoulder, and you immediately jerk up in surprise. With widened, tear-filled eyes, you are met with Eunhyuk's sad, tear-stained ones. You both stare at each other for a moment, wondering what the other is thinking. 

You feel like your heart is about to crack in pain. You look down quickly, averting your gaze from his.

"J-Jaehwa?" he begins, his voice unsteady and heavy with remorse. 

"What?" you ask, still keeping your gaze down, afraid to look at him, lest you start crying harder. 

"미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]," he whispers. "I shouldn't have--" His voice cracks. "I-I--" A sad sigh escapes his body. "I shouldn't have exposed you like that." You hear him sniffle slightly. "I just didn't want you to hurt yourself any more." There's a pause in his words and you know that he is trying to keep from crying harder. "A-after what happened at the gym the other day, I-I didn't want you to hurt yourself, because--" He takes a deep breath. "I like you."

Your head shoots up. 

He likes you?!

"미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]," he repeats sadly.

He likes you!

You feel your heart almost leap within your chest as a thousand and two emotions pour through your being, all of them ending in happiness, replacing the tears of just moments before.

Eunhyuk lets out a staggered and heavy sigh. "I'm really sorry, Jaehwa. I truly am." He starts to get up from his crouched position. 

As if by instinct, you reach out, grabbing his wrist, preventing him from leaving. "Don't be," you barely whisper. "I understand. I--" You gulp. "I like you too."

He drops back to the floor as if he was a marionette whose strings had just detached. "You do?" he asks in disbelief.

You nod, a toothy smile replacing the frown that had been there just a few moments before.

He stares at you in disbelief for a moment, before a gentle smile plays across his face. He reaches his hand to your face, wiping the tears from your cheeks. 

As he fingers graze softly against your skin, you feel your heart begin to beat faster. His eyes connect with yours and his hand freezes in place. Your heart hammers in your chest as he begins to lean forward, his hand traveling from your face to the back of your neck. Your eyes close instinctively and you soon feel the gentle press of his lips on yours, washing away all doubts and fears of what will happen to your career for the time-being. With his lips claiming yours, you somehow know that everything will work out alright in the end.

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continue their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she has been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that is an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

****

As you sit in the family section at the Super Show, you stare down at the stage in confusion. It is supposed to be Hyukjae's solo; however, Sungmin is the one on stage at the moment. He is sitting on a chair, holding his accoustic guitar. After a moment, he begins to strum some chords.

Hyukjae's voice begins to sing, even though there is no sign of him.  

 

"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back..." ["I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz]

 

A spotlight appears on the stage as one of the trap doors opens and Hyukjae rises from it, singing into his microphone. 


"Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..."

 

As he sings, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would make sure that you were doing alright.

 

"But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours..."

 

Hyukjae continues to sing, making his way slowly across the stage. You can tell from your vantage point that he looks a little nervous, which is rather unlike him, except perhaps when he took you to the doctor's... You recall how nervous and scared he got when he realized that there could be needles around...

 

"Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and now you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love..."

 

As you watch him sing, he slowly makes his way toward the family section. He lifts his head up and your eyes and his meet. He sends you a gummy smile. It hits you. He is probably serenading you.

 

"Listen to the music of the moment people, dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved love love..."

 

You almost laugh at the thought you just had. He would not be serenading you. He is your 형 [hyung] after all. 

Even though you both have come to a definite understanding and have unofficially been a couple for a few months, nothing has ever been made public so that his career is not forsaken in the process while you wait for SM to let you back into the group. He wanted to go public earlier, but you adamently refused, knowing it would be better to wait, so as not to create another scandal.

 

"So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours..."

 

He looks at you straight in the eye, his eyes twinkling in merriment and then you are positive. He is singing this solo for you.

 

"D-d-do do you, but do you, d-d-do
But do you want to come on
Scooch on over closer dear
And I will nibble your ear..."

 

He reaches the stairs and begins to ascend them, never taking his eyes off of you as he does so.

 

"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and I laughed..."

 

You suddenly find yourself standing, barely realizing that you had gotten up out of your seat. You begin shuffling past others, saying "excuse me", as you make your way to meet him.

 

"I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue..."

 

You reach him, but before you can comprehend what is going on, he takes your hand and pulls you into him. Unsuspecting his quick motion, you crash straight into his chest. He holds you tightly with one arm and continues to sing lovingly to you as you look up at him, your hands placed on his chest. His voice gets quieter.

"But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours."

He ceases to sing, turning off the microphone and dropping it onto one of the steps in one quick motion. He pulls you closer, dipping his head down to meet yours. "I love you," he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter