Fan Service?

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sit there at the small table in the mall, waiting for someone to come up to you. It's been about 15 minutes and not a single person has come up to you. This signing event is for both Super Junior and Super Junior-M members.

Zhou Mi and Henry sit at the next table over, which is over twice the size of your table, and you have just been chatting with them whenever their fans aren't around. You're not sure where your fans are, but you have a feeling that they are afraid to come near with the '13ers' huddled a little aways. The '13ers' keep sending you dirty looks. They don't seem to be giving Zhou Mi and Henry any glares; probably because the banner in front of their table clearly says Super Junior-M.

The lines in front of all the other members are getting pretty crowded as more and more fans show up. Soon, the areas in front of them are packed with lines.

You sit at your small table, bored. You wish you could just be sitting on the couch in the dorms right now... and eating a big bowl of ice cream. Oh, that would nice! Or even just some ibuprofen would be nice to help alleviate the pain you feel in your pelvic area. Too bad. You are stuck here.

One girl, probably in her early twenties, breaks off from the other '13ers' and heads your way.

Oh, great! Just what you want to deal with right now! 

You shoot her a warm smile as she approaches your table. Now that she's so close to your table, you take a good look at her. Her hair is dyed brown and her eyelids are smeared with bright blue eye shadow. Her rather nicely endowed body is given too much attention in the very low cut and very short, blue dress. Sheesh! Guess she didn't want to leave anything to the imagination, did she? You refrain from shaking your head at her. She's a fool to wear something that tight and so revealing. You can tell she is actually probably a bit younger than she looks. You notice several guys that are loitering around that are gawking at her from a distance. Bunch of byuntaes! 

She glares at you, placing her hands on the table and leaning forward. "How dare you try to wheedle your way into Super Junior!" she spits out in a harsh whisper. You notice the other '13ers' begin to approach as well. "You should just resign now. Stop pretending to be a member of Super Junior! You are not one of them!" 

"That's right!" another one chimes in a loud whisper after the first one barely finished. "We don't want you! ELF will never love you! ELF will never support you!"

The others all start to talk over each other in whisper shouts. You sit there, trying to ignore them all the best that you can. You begin to look off past them at some random shops.

"Excuse me?" cries the first one. "Are you even listening?" She slaps you right in the face, one of her long nails, dragging through the skin a bit, leaving a mark. "So rude. They say you are gentleman, but you can't even listen to a girl while she is speaking?" She spits on your face. "You're trash."

You close your eyes, taking a deep breath as you wipe the saliva from your face with your sleeve. You are getting really ticked off with this girl, but you have to be the bigger man-- woman?-- in this case. 

The commotion around you gets a bit louder. You notice Manager 형 [Hyung] start to approach. "Are you ladies done getting your autographs?" he asks.

They roll their eyes at him, murmuring.

"Like we would want an autograph from this jerk.."

"He's not a real member..."

"He shouldn't be here..."

Manager 형 [Hyung] puts up his hands. "Look, we don't want any trouble and have to call security," he responds with a warning.

The '13ers' walk off a little ways, but stay rather close. 

Manager 형 [Hyung] shakes his head, turning to you. "Jaekyu-ssi? Do you mind leaving for a little bit? We don't want any trouble or any bad publicity right now."

You nod in understanding. "How long do you want me to leave?"

"Maybe half an hour. If they see you're gone for awhile, they might assume that you left completely and leave themselves after they get their autographs from the other members." He gives you a look of sympathy as you nod in response, standing up and gathering your backpack onto your shoulder. 

You walk off, past the '13ers' who grin triumphantly after you, thinking they won. You continue on your way, turning to go to the men's room in a nearby corridor, the same one that Zhou Mi, Suho, and you hid in a couple weeks ago.

A lot has happened since the incident. The company decided to move forward SJ-M's comeback, so promotions for both comebacks are intermixing. When Leeteuk found this out, he knew it would be hard on the members who are in both, but he reminded everyone that you all could use this to an advantage. With promotions and schedules being more intertwined, it will be easier to bring in Zhou Mi and Henry as official members. You all have been coming up with ways on how to make this happen.

After a lot of talk, you all decided that since Henry actually helped compose a couple of the songs for the next album and Zhou Mi helped write the lyrics for one of them, you would make those the main songs for your upcoming comeback (and your personal debut) album. You all are hoping that the company will allow them in the music videos too... 

First thing to do is the photoshoot next week. Then after that is done, the first music video will be filmed, followed by the photoshoot and music video for SJ-M's new album.

It's pretty exciting. It will take a lot of work, and you know you will be exhausted, but you also know that it will be fun.

You enter into the mens' washroom, careful to not look at the right hand side of the room as you do so, just in case there is anyone in here. It's quiet though. No one is there. You duck into one of the stalls and close the door. You open up your backpack and pull out a pair of glasses, a Snapback, an antidust mask, and a scarf. You quickly put on your disguise. You are thankful that there are no men in here, so that you can take care of your feminine problems without having to worry about the rustling sound of opening up the items. Eunhyuk heard you earlier in the washroom and thought you were opening up a candy wrapper or something and wanted some after you got of the washroom... Eeesh! Sometimes you wonder about those boys.... 

You leave the stall and begin washing your hands as the sound of mens' voices echoes in the corridor outside. As you begin to dry your hands you hear another noise in the corridor.

It's a girl's voice.

"하지마 [hajima]!" you hear the girl's voice cry out.

"Don't be like that girl!" you hear one of the guy's voices respond.

"Leave me alone," the girl whimpers.

Aigoo! 

You bolt out of the door and see the group of byuntaes that had been gawking at...

...her!

Her back is pressed against the wall, frightened as those jerks gather around her menacingly.

Your eyes narrow at them. "Yah!" you cry out deeply, using your guy self to your advantage. "Get away from her."

"We're just talking with her," says one of the five jerks, whose choppy hair is pulled back into a ponytail.

"You're an idiot if you think that I would believe that. Now, get away from her."

One of the guys, wearing a blue beanie, a black shirt with a skull on it, and several rings on his fingers, smirks at you. "Who are you to make us?"

You feel your anger rising within you. You glare daggers at him. Who does this jerk think he is? You would love to just punch this creep in the face, but if he somehow discovers you are Super Junior's Jaekyu, then what would happen? Your attempt to help could backfire completely.

You have to come up with some other idea...

You smirk back at him, as an idea arises. "I'm her boyfriend," you reply, walking up and getting right in between the '13er' and the byuntaes. "So, I suggest that if you don't want any trouble, you back off right now." You glare between them all, rolling up your sleeves to show them that you have no qualms about defending 'your girl'. 

Beanie Byuntae guy chuckles, taking a step forward. "Maybe you could let us 'borrow' her for a bit?" he replies insinuatingly with a smirk.

"Not a chance," you reply firmly. 

He scoffs, eyeing you up and down. "You really think you could take me on?" He cracks his knuckles. "Let's just see about that." Without any further warning, his knuckles collide with your face, his rings scraping against the skin above your antidust mask, cutting a bit into the flesh just below your left eye.

You feel the anger rise inside of you.

Alright! That's it! You have to teach this guy a lesson now and get this girl out of here as fast as you can! 

You tighten your fist, shifting your weight to your back foot. In one quick motion, you pull your fist back and snap it back at him, shifting your weight to the front foot and twisting your body into it to exert more force. You hit him squarely in the solar plexus, causing him to fall back, knocking the wind out of him. The no-good-byuntae-jerk!

The other four guys gawk at Beanie Byuntae as he doubles over in pain, trying to catch his breath. You seize the moment, putting your arm protectively around the girl and leading her down the hall, away from those jerks. 

You can feel their eyes on you both, following you as you enter the main mall area. "Stay with me," you mumble quietly. "They're still watching." You can feel her tense up beside you as you keep your arm around her. You pull her aside to a side bench. You look back, there is no sign of them.

You turn your attention to the girl. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she says quietly, looking down. "감사합니다 [Kamsahamnida]." A tear streams down her face.

You sigh, taking your backpack off. You pull out a small package of tissues and hand one to her. "Here you are."

She bows her head slightly in a 'thank you'. 

You reach back into your backpack and pull out a sweatshirt. "Here," you say, handing it to her. "It's kind of chilly outside, and I don't want those jerks following you later." You unwrap the scarp from around your neck. "Here, take this too." You hand it to her, hoping she'll use them and cover up a little bit of that exposed skin.

She puts on the sweatshirt and wraps the scarf around her. "감사합니다 [Kamsahamnida]," she says, bowing her head again in thankfulness. 

"Don't mention it," you reply. "Do you have any friends who can stay by your side so that you won't be walking out alone?" you ask, genuinely concerned for her well-being, even if she has been a complete pabo about everything. 

"내 [Ne]," she replies, smiling softly at you. "I'll be fine. You can be going now."

You nod, believing that your really should not press the matter further and let her be. You get up from the bench, hoisting your backpack over your shoulder. You bow to her as you say, "안녕히계세요 [Annyeonghikyeseyo]!" You straighten, up as you make your way back to the fan signing. On the way, you discard the glasses and hat and put them in your backpack. You keep the antidust mask on until you reach your table. As you sit back down, you remove the antidust mask from your face, stuffing it in your pocket.

As you sit there at the table, bored once again, you take note that the girl from earlier has returned to find her other '13er' friends in one of the lines. She looks like she is in Siwon's line. His and Ryeowook's table is on the other side of Henry's and Zhoumi's. As you glance around at the other lines, you don't catch Zhou Mi's gaze as it falls on you.

"Jaekyu-ah! What happened?!?!" he cries out somewhat a little too loudly. Several fans from the surrounding lines look over in your direction.

"Huh?" you look at him increduously, not understanding what he's referring to.

"Your face," he responds, looking at you with a worried expression.

"Oh," you reply, reaching up your hand to the fresh cut under your left eye. You feel the blood on your fingers. Oops. You pull your hand away, seeing the red bodily fluid on your fingers. "It must have happened when I ran into that clothes hanger in that store," you lie. 

Zhou Mi tries to stifle a chuckle as he signs a fan's photograph of him. "진짜 [Jinjja]?"

You chuckle, "네 [Ne]. I'll have to tell you the whole story after I go wash this off. It's pretty funny." You get up and head back to the washroom to clean up the cut.

****

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter