JaeIn Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that haven't fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the wall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

"He asked me to do it, ok?" Heechul spits out, pulling you off of him. 

"Who?!" you cry out in a mixture of anger and pain, grabbing Heechul's sleeve as he turns to leave.

"Kangin!" he spits back, shrugging you off as he walks away, heading to the dressing room and leaving you standing there confused with feelings of hurt and betrayal.

Tears of anger burn in your eyes as the full force of the blow hits you. He... He was the one that you found yourself drawn to... and now THIS?!

With your heart feeling like it is about to crack, you storm off in the direction of the guys' dressing room. 

Arriving in front of the door of the dressing room, you grasp the handle firmly in your hand, swinging the door open, not caring one bit about whether you might see something or not. 

A hush falls over the dressing room as the guys realize you are there. You don't notice any of the guys as your eyes zero in on only one individual. The door shuts behind you as your feet carry you to him.

"야 [Ya]! Kim Youngwoon!" you cry out as you approach him, your eyes aflame with fury. "What was that for?!"

Kangin looks at you apologetically. "Jaehwa-ah, I--" 

You cut him off. "How dare you! I thought I could trust you, 형 [hyung]!"

He clicks his tongue. He begins to speak in a low voice, "Jaehwa-ah, can we take this somewhere else? I would like to speak with you privately."

"What for?!" you cry out, angrier than you have felt in a long, long time. "You didn't seem to care about my privacy when you asked Heechul to expose me in front of everyone!" 

"Look, Jaehwa," Kangin begins, taking a deep breath as he places a hand on your shoulder. "I know that you must feel--"

"How the heck do you know how I feel?!" you spit out, wretching your shoulder away from his grasp. "You have no idea how I feel!" Your voice cracks as you feel like your heart is really going to break, knowing that he does not care about you. Tears begin to burn in your eyes as you try to restrain your emotions from breaking free. "I lo--" You turn on your heel, darting towards the door, wretching it open.

"Jaeh--" Kangin starts to call out, but the door slams behind you as you take off down the hall.

You hear the door open behind you. "Jaehwa!" you hear his voice cry out as you continue to run. The sound of his feet pounding against the corridor floor, echos through the hallway. 

You do not care how childish you are being. You just want to get away from Kangin as fast as you can. 

You cease to hear his footsteps behind you, but you keep going anyway, too emotional to stop or slow in pace.

Looking backwards as you turn around the corner, you feel something hard slam into you, tackling you to the ground. "Ow..." you moan, hitting the hard floor. "Wha--" You look up and see Kangin as he sits on you, pinning your shoulders to the ground.

"Jaehwa-ah! Listen to me!"

"Get off," you say in a low voice, trying to keep your eyes from watering by blinking. "You don't understand."

"아니 [Ani]," he protests, keeping you pinned down. "We need to talk."

You let out a sigh, deciding to acquiesce--that is, if he gets off of you. "Fine," you mumble. "Just get off me. I would rather not be exposed to more scandal than I am already." Your voice falters during the last sentence, knowing that you have lost pretty much all chance of being in the group with what happened. 

He gets off of you and reaches out a hand to you to pull you up off the floor. You ignore him, pretending to be busy with adjusting your baseball cap as you stand to make it look as if you did not even notice his trying to help. You pull your cap lower and bow your head to keep from making eye contact as you feel the tears start to fall steadily down your cheeks despite your will to keep them from falling. 

Kangin grabs your wrist suddenly in his hand and pulls you down the hallway, opening the door to a nearby maintenance closet, pulling you inside with him. 

Turning on the light, he looks at you as you turn your back from him, hiding your tear-stained face. "Jaehwa-ah," he begins quietly. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]. I should have spoken with you first. I just--" He sighs, his voice a mixture of sadness and frusteration. "Will you just look at me?" He turns you around rather unexpectedly, causing you to look up at him in surprise. His whole expression changes when he sees the tears that are falling from your eyes. 

Pulling you into his embrace, he wraps his arms around you comfortingly. You want to stiffen at his touch, but instead your heart gives in to your feelings. You clutch onto his shirt and start crying harder. "왜 [Wae], 형 [hyung]? W-w-why did you do it?!" you gasp quietly into his shirt.

His hands begin to gently pat your back, moving in a circular motion, as he comfortingly whispers to you. "I didn't want you to hurt yourself any more. After what happened at the gym the other day, I've been worried about you--" He breaks off with a sigh. "I came up with the idea, thinking it was the only solution. I should have talked to you about it first, but you're so stubborn, I knew you wouldn't go through with it." He chuckles quietly, nestling his head onto your shoulder. "The truth is Jaehwa, I like you... a lot." You feel his head nestle into your neck, his lips brushing lightly against your skin for a moment before settling there, kissing you gently and sending shivers up your spine. 

He likes you?

You feel a smile form across your face as he lifts his head up away from you, looking down at you sadly. "I like you too, 형 [hyung]. That's why I was so upset. I thought that--" 

You break off as Kangin lifts his hands to your face, brushing away the tears that trail down your cheeks. You look up at him, your eyes full of joy and love. As his fingers graze against your skin, he looks down at you tenderly. Cupping your cheeks in his hands, he draws closer to you, closing the gap between your lips with a gentle kiss.

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continues their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross-dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she's been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that's an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support. 

****

You stare at the stage in confusion as you sit in the family section. What in the world is going on? This is not one of the songs in the show. You look at Youngwoon, who is standing alone atop the stage. He begins to sing the lyrics of the song by himself.

 

"It’s too deep
I’m too crazy for you
You stole my heart
I can’t take my eyes off of you
The cramped club
I want to hold out my hand and hold yours
Can you give it up?" ["Club No. 1" by Super Junior Eng Trans]

 

He dances on the stage with the rest of the members who have just arrived as background dancers, none of them singing the lyrics of their song with him.

As he sings his solo, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would come to the eleventh floor to make sure that you were doing alright.

 

"Going like this
It’ll be too late
There’s no time
You’ll miss the chance
You dont have time
One more step
I want to hold out my hand and hold yours
Can you give it up?"

 

He moves effortlessly across the stage in a very manly vibe, making his rather deep voice sound even more... What's the word?

You don't even know, but you find yourself mesmorized by his performance.

 

"Although it’s the first time seeing you
Although it’s awkward
Be my number one
I want you
I can’t think
I can’t gather up the courage
I want you
Just in my heart..."

 

He continues to dance, but you find his gaze wander over to the family section. Your heart beats faster, realizing that the song is meant solely for you.

 

"You make me go crazy
And you make it hard to breathe
Dizzy
My heart is going to burst
My heart is filled to the rim at the thought of you
You make me go crazy
Make me become trapped in you
Take this burning love
Let me be your man for tonight..."

 

He disperses from the rest of the members who continue to dance to the song. He starts to walk directly to the family section, his eyes zeroing in on you among the crowd.

 

"Me
Who wants to be the man
That’s plentiful in the world
That has a wide heart
Trust me
I want to hold just you
Can you give it it?"

 

He reaches the stairs and begins to mount them, his eyes fixated on you. You feel your heart begin to beat faster.

 

"Talking foolishly
Because I’m a man
I gather up the courage and talk to you
My excited heart that’s fluttering has always wanted this feeling..."

 

Without realizing it, you stand up, gulping down the saliva built up in your throat. You begin to walk past the others seated in your row, quietly mumbling "excuse me" as you shuffle past people's knees.

 

"You mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter