Almost Is Never Enough

Back For You

'See you soon' was an understatement, as Tao thought. Baekhyun has been ignoring his calls and messages for the past four days. Even Kyungsoo said he hasn’t heard from Baekhyun since the surprise party.

Tao was completely worried and was about to go and check Baekhyun in his apartment when he received a message from the latter.

 

To: Tao

From: Baekhyun

Hello Tao, I'm sorry for not returning your calls. I'm trying to finish my book before the weekend comes and the last thing I need is distraction. But I'll make with you soon. I promise!"

 

"Distraction? How can I be a distraction? I'm your boyfriend for goodness sake! You should consider me as an inspiration not a distraction!" Tao mentally whine.

 

To: Baekhyun

From: Tao

Oh. I'm really worried when you didn't answer my calls. Well, good luck on your book! See you soon :)

 

Tao pressed send when an idea popped into his head.

 

 

~~

 

Baekhyun felt guilty when he read Tao's reply. No. He's not working on his book. There are just some things to think about. Hell, what would you feel if you found out your first love is completely available, that he wants you too. But then, you're not free and were made to choose between your first love and current love.

Current Love. Baekhyun rolled over his bed. He does love Zitao. He is almost completely in love with him— almost. He's the one who pick him up when he felt like the saddest person earth. The guy who made him feel love again. But then again, sometimes there are certain people who will always stay on our heart no matter what.

He wanted to be with Chanyeol but he doesn’t want to hurt Zitao.

 

 

Baekhyun almost slept through his thoughts when he heard his doorbell rang. He reluctantly stood up from his bed and walked to open his doors.

 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun gasped in disbelief. The last person he expected to come over was Chanyeol, yet here he is in front of him. "What are you doing here?"  He asked as he ushered Chanyeol in.

"Uhmmm. I just want to apologize for what happened a few nights ago. I know I acted like a child." Chanyeol said as he sat at Baekhyun's couch.

"Don't worry about it." Baekhyun smiled. "Do you want to drink anything? Coffee? Tea.."

"No. I'm fine. I'm not going to stay long anyway. Chanyeol stood up. "I'm returning to New York on tomorrow night."

"Oh. I thought you'll stay here for good?" The shorter guy asked.

"Yeah. I thought so too. But you see… things didn't go well as planned." Chanyeol said eyes speaking to Baekhyun. "Well this is goodbye then."

Chanyeol made his way to the main door, Baekhyun following closely behind him. The tall guy slightly opens the door.

"And oh, please tell your boyfriend that I'm sorry."

Baekhyun just nods. He doesn’t know how to react. Everything is happening so fast.

"Baekhyun, can I ask one last thing before I leave?" The tall guy spoke once again.

"Hmmm?" Baekhyun looked up to meet the tall guy's eyes. "What is it?"

Without further ado, Chanyeol leaned in to close the distance between him and Baekhyun. His lips met with the shorter guy. Although surprised at Chanyeol's sudden action, Baekhyun didn't try to push him away instead he kissed back.

The taller guy broke the kiss as he hugged Baekhyun. "No matter what happens, you'll always be my one love." He whispers at Baekhyun's ears. He let go of his hug and walked away leaving an unfazed Baekhyun behind.

 

~~

Tao walked merrily on his way to Baekhyun’s apartment. He bought cupcakes for his boyfriend and wanted to surprise him. He knows Baekhyun is under a lot of pressure so he wanted to cheer him up.

Tao thought this day will be an incredible day but he was wrong. He saw Baekhyun’s front door slightly open. He moved a little closer to take a peek. He froze. Baekhyun is kissing Chanyeol. He retreated back silently as he could. He doesn’t want the two to know his presence. He looked up for a place to hide and ended up at the apartment building’s staircase. “Why am I hiding?”

 

The Chinese guy saw Chanyeol leaving. Baekhyun looks dejected in his opinion. He waited another five more minutes, gathering his courage, he poked Baekhyun’s doorbell switch.

 

It did not take long for Baekhyun to attend the door. “Did you— Oh, Tao, it’s you… What brought you here?” He said completely shocked.

“Why do you look like you’re expecting someone else?” Tao said pretending he saw nothing. “Are you not happy to see me?” He pouted playfully.

“Oh no, of course I’m happy to see you!” Baekhyun said. His voice sounds a little bit higher than his normal one. “Would you like to come in?”

“No. I just wanted to give you these.” The Chinese guy handed out the cupcake box to Baekhyun. “I know you’re under a lot of pressure so I bought you these.”

“Thanks Tao. I’m really sorry for not returning your calls.” Baekhyun hugged Tao, guilt washing all over him.

“Don’t worry its fine.” Tao smiled. “I need to get going now, my break is almost over.” He untangled his self from Baekhyun’s arms. “Fighting Baekhyunnie!” He said as he waved his boyfriend goodbye.

 

~

Later that night, Baekhyun couldn’t help but cry. Everything felt so wrong with hi life at the moment. Tao… Chanyeol… everything! His tears are flowing continuously. He’s tired from all the drama. He was distracted when heard his phone beep. He quickly reached up to get his phone and saw a message. It’s from Tao.

 

To: Baekhyun

From : Tao

Goodevening Baekhyunnie! I don’t know if I’m disturbing you right now but can you meet me tomorrow? At your favorite café, 12:30. Please?

 

Baekhyun sighed deeply. Baekhyunnie. The nickname gives him chills. He’s not ready to face Tao yet, especially when he’s feeling guilty. But he knows deep inside the only way to get over through this is to talk with him.

 

To: Tao

From: Baekhyun

Sure, I’ll meet you up tomorrow.

 

 

 


A/N: Here’s an update for you guys. Baekhyun still confused huh? I thought he chose Tao already hmmm.

The next chapter is the final one and I’ll post it back to back with an epilogue. It’s really ending. Please anticipate the last chapter.

Thank you for supporting this fic, and please don’t forget to upvote, comment and subscribe. Thank you again!

 

{Merry Christmas Eve To Everyone!}