The Closure?

Back For You

"Wake up, Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun half opened his eyes when he heard his noona’s nagging voice. The light is blinding him. "What time is it?" he groaned. He closed his eyes once more.

"11:30." His noona answered. "But that's not the point. Come on wake up!" She shook Baekhyun.

"I wanted to sleep more." Baekhyun mumbled.

 

"Chanyeol's here."  His older sister sighed.

 

Baekhyun jolted back to life. His body automatically put him in a sitting position. He's now completely awake.

"What?" He asked in disbelief. "How, why, where?" he freaked out.

"He's downstairs. He's talking with mom and dad. He arrived 30 minutes ago." His noona sat beside him.

"Okay," Baekhyun took a deep breath, "here's a plan; DON'T EVER mention I'm here." he begged his sister.

"Too late," His noona said. "Mom already told him you came home yesterday. He's pretty surprised actually"

 

“!” he thought. He's staring at his bedroom floor. He's still processing the fact that Chanyeol is downstairs talking to his parents.

 

"What's he doing here?" he said finally.

"I'm not sure." his noona responded. "But mom sent me to wake you up. She wanted us to have lunch together. Like the old days.” She added rolling her eyes.

Baekhyun's little energy began to drain the life out of him. He sulked back to his bed, covering himself with the blanket. "I don't want to."

"I understand your concerns Baekhyun. But this is a good start. Show him you're already moving on."

"Don't you think it’s too early for that?" He asked his noona.

"The sooner the better." His sister smiled. "Come on get dressed, mom's waiting."

 

 

~

Baekhyun found himself at his bedroom door 20 minutes after. He's still fighting the urge of not coming down.

 

Should I go down?

Should I tell them I'm not feeling well?

!

What should I do?

Hey! Byun Baekhyun, why are you acting like a kid? Face him and show him you’re a man.

Ahhhh! This is really driving me crazy.

 

With a heavy heart, Baekhyun dragged his sorry downstairs. He entered the living room and immediately spotted Chanyeol. He greets his parents. And even though he wanted to avoid him, Baekhyun knew their visitor is watching him so he turned to look at him.

 

"Hi." he said.

"Hello." Chanyeol greeted back.

 

They were ushered into the dining table by his mother not long after. Baekhyun waited for Chanyeol to take a sit first so he can pick a place far from him.

He didn't succeed.

His mom made him sit beside Chanyeol. "Why did I come home?" He virtually smacked himself.

 

The lunch was particularly tensed-- well in Baekhyun's opinion. There's a little chit chat here and there but still he felt awkward.

“Did you know Baek, Chanyeol here is already a father? I can’t believe it. It seems only yesterday.” His mom gleefully said.

“I know mom. Chanyeol and I met at the reunion yesterday.” Baekhyun smiled faintly

“Oh did you know that—“

“I know already everything mom.” Baekhyun interrupted. “No need to rub it on my face” he thought.

 

It was awkward again. Baekhyun knew his mom is eyeing him, observing why he acted that way. He didn't consume much food and the first one to stop eating. He waited for Chanyeol to finish before standing up.

 

"I'll borrow Chanyeol for a while." Baekhyun announced. His noona was surprised as well as his parents. He turned to look at Chanyeol, "Let's go to my room."

 

Baekhyun made his way to his bedroom with Chanyeol awkwardly following closely behind him.

 

~

"Sit." Baekhyun ordered the tall guy when they finally reached his bedroom.

 

Chanyeol complied. He scanned the room feeling a little nostalgic. He used to study here with Baekhyun. "This room didn't change that much." he commented.

 

Baekhyun just shrugged. "Okay, let me get this straight," he began, "you're here because?"

"Uhmmm, because you asked me to?" Chanyeol said furrowing both his brows completely confused.

"I meant here-here in my parents’ house, you idiot!" Baekhyun remarked in a loud volume.

 

Chanyeol laughed.

 

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun quickly apologized.

"It's okay," Chanyeol said smiling. "It's actually good to see the old Baekhyun."

The shorter guy cringes. "Let's get back to the topic." Baekhyun said. "Why are you here? Are you following me?"

"No." Chanyeol replied defensively. "I'm going back to New York tomorrow so I thought I should go and pay your parents a visit." He explained.

 

No one spoke for a second.

 

"You're leaving that fast?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yes." Chanyeol smiled. "You know... work. I’m lucky they even let me leave."

"I see." Baekhyun said not looking at Chanyeol. "Well, this is goodbye then.” He added.

 

Baekhyun walked towards his bedroom door but stopped when he felt two arms started to wrap him. Chanyeol is back-hugging him. His eye widen in shock.

 

"I'm really sorry Baekhyun." Chanyeol said in a soft whisper like voice.

 

Baekhyun didn't respond for a moment. He's still in shock.

 

 

"I told you there's nothing to be sorry about. I'm the one at fault." Baekhyun said finally. Tears start rolling down on his cheeks.

 

"But I hurt you, didn't I?" Chanyeol stated.

 

"Maybe you did. But I won't linger through it. I'll move on with my life and you," Baekhyun bit his lip, "you'll continue your life with your family."

 

Chanyeol set Baekhyun free from his arms, he turned to face Chanyeol.

 

"But Baekhyun--"

 

Baekhyun hushed Chanyeol by putting his finger onto the latter's lips. He hesitated for a moment but tiptoed nonetheless. He closed his eyes and placed his lips with Chanyeol’s. It was a brief kiss.

 

It's bittersweet, Baekhyun thought, it's the first kiss he had with Chanyeol but it looks like it'll also be the last. It’s funny how fate works.

 

Baekhyun fixed himself up. "No buts Chanyeol. This is the right thing to do." He smiled and hugged Chanyeol one last time before turning to walk towards door.

 

"I'm glad we had this talk." Baekhyun said as he heads downstairs.

 

 

 


A/N; I’m here again for an update. Sorry it took me so long. ><

Here’s another lame chapter. Lol. ChanBaek finally talk seriously. Well this chapter’s title is ‘The Closure?’ But is this really the end for them? I don’t know. Well know with the next update. And yes, finally, I’m going to reveal the card’s content in the next chapter. So please wait.

 

Again, I want to thank you for bearing with my lame writing. ^_^

 

If you like this story, please don’t forget to comment, subscribe upvote and share. :) Thanks again. ;>