The Reunion Part 2

Back For You

 


Baekhyun stared at the man standing in front them. The Chanyeol before him is far from Chanyeol he knew. He looks really different. Very mature looking.

 He doesn't know what reaction he should be having right now. But it’s clear that he’s glad to see him again.  His peers stood and started welcoming their old friend. They all stood up except him and Taemin. Chanyeol sat beside Jongin, two people away from him. Baekhyun just kept staring.

 

"We were just talking about you, Chanyeol." Kai wrapped his arms around his old friend. "I thought you wouldn't come. What's the current happening in your life?"

"I got lost on the way. I confused Apgujeong with Cheongdam." Chanyeol scratch his nape smiling. "Seoul did change a lot."

Everyone laughed except Baekhyun. “That’s what you get for living in New York for a long time.” Jongin side commented.

"So Jongin said the last time he’d heard of you was you're already married and expecting a child." Chen said.

"Yeah, that's right. My son, Hyun-woo is almost two years old now." Chanyeol confirmed.

 

 

Baekhyun wished that the floor under him would just crack open and eat him alive. Chanyeol's confirmation of his current status just made it more difficult for Baekhyun to breath. He needs air. He stood up and excused himself.

 "Excuse me for a while." He announced. He swears he saw Chanyeol looked at him but he immediately push that thought away. Baekhyun heads to the direction of the comfort room. Kyungsoo followed after him.

 

"Baek are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked out of concern.

"I'm fine Kyungsoo." He replied trying to stay calm. He heads in one of the sink. He the faucet and proceeds to wash his face.

"You're clearly not okay Baek."

"Then why are you still asking?" Baekhyun snapped.

 

They were both silent for a while. Kyungsoo was stunned by his best friend's behavior. Baekhyun turned off the faucet and faced Kyungsoo.

 

"I'm sorry Kyung. I didn't mean to snap at you." Baekhyun apologized.

"I'm sorry too Baek. Come on just tell me what's inside your chest. It’s better to let that out." Kyungsoo said. He walked towards his beat friend’s direction.

"I'm mad!" He admitted. "Very mad… to be specific."

"It’s okay to be mad at Chanyeol." Kyungsoo assured.

"No,” he shook his head. “I'm not mad at him Kyung. I'm mad at myself." Kyungsoo is now puzzled. "I'm ing mad at myself for holding on to Chanyeol when I should've move on a long time ago. I wanted to knock myself out because I'm embarrassed. I felt stupid.  I'm such an idiot." Tears start to form on the corner of his eyes.

Kyungsoo quickly hugged his best friend. "Don't be mad at yourself Baek. You did nothing wrong. You just love. And sometimes when we love, we made fool out of ourselves." He tightens his hugged.

"Hyun-woo." Baekhyun mumbled.

"What?" Kyungsoo let go and stared at him.

"Chanyeol's son." Baekhyun said. "He named him after my favorite actor." He half-heartedly laughs.

 

 

[8 Years Ago]

 

 

Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to come over at his house to review for their upcoming exams. They ended up watching movies.

"You know, Lee Hyun-woo is a really a great actor." The shorter of the two commented. They were eating popcorns.

"You like him?" Chanyeol asked.

"Of course I like him. I probably name my child after him." Baekhyun said eyes glued on the TV.

"Me too." Chanyeol blurted out.

Baekhyun turned his gazed at his best friend. "Huh?"

"I'll name my child after him too. Well since you like the name." He said grinning.

"Hey! You can't name your child after him too. Think of other name." Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol in the head.

"Ouch. That hurts. Okay, let's have a deal; whoever got to have a child first will name it Hyun-woo." Chanyeol suggested. "Deal?"

"Deal!" Baekhyun said turning his attention to the movie once again. "You'll lose giant, you’ll see"

 

 

[Present Day]

 

 

"Hahaha, you ended up losing." Kyungsoo said.

"Yeah, looks like I did." Baekhyun admitted he’s feeling a little bit better now. "Hey Kyung, should I talk to Chanyeol?" He asked.

Kyungsoo looked at him again. "Yes you should. But don’t open up about the past. Talk to him like you just met him. Or just ask how he's doing." He told his best friend.

Baekhyun was unmoved for a while but smiled a little after. "When did you get so smart Kyung?"

"Hey, that’s not how you say thank you." Kyungsoo said faking a disbelief look. "For the record, I've always been smart. Smarter than you, actually."

"I'm joking." Baekhyun laughed.

"I know!" Kyungsoo smiled back. "Now get yourself together. We've been here inside long enough." He added.

 

Baekhyun turned to look at the mirror behind him and examined his face. After fixing his hair a little bit he linked his arms with Kyungsoo. "Let's go." he smiled.

 

They exited the comfort room and made their way to their table. Just before reaching their spot, Jongin interrupted them. "Hey Kyungsoo? Want to dance with me?"

Kyungsoo's eyes widen. Jongin didn’t wait for an answer and dragged Kyungsoo to the dance floor. Baekhyun couldn't help but smile. He continued his way to their table alone and found Chanyeol sitting all by himself. “Where'd did the others go?” he thought. He quickly glance the flood of people on the dance floor and saw his peers dancing. He shook his head and smiled.

Chanyeol stared at him as he awkwardly sat a few feet away from him. He never dare to look back in fear of getting eye contact.

 

Awkward

Awkward

Awkward

 

Just after a few minutes, Baekhyun was distracted by watching Kyungsoo and Jongin dance. He laughs as he watches his best friend dance. He nods along with the beat and was completely distracted. He doesn't even notice Chanyeol was already beside.

 

"Hey." Chanyeol initiated a conversation.

Baekhyun was surprise with Chanyeol's sudden presence but quickly pulled himself together. He remembered Kyungsoo's advice "Hey." He said back.

"How are you?" Chanyeol asked awkwardly.

"Fine? I guess." Baekhyun replied. He turned to look at Kyungsoo again.

"Let’s find some quite place to talk.” The guy with a deep voice said.

He gazed back at Chanyeol and stared for a while before agreeing. "Sure."

 

~

 Baekhyun was feeling a little bit uneasy. Flashback of his confession to Chanyeol began to float his mind. Chanyeol stood up, Baekhyun did the same. They ended up in a quiet cafe near the hotel lobby. No one spoke for a minute.

 

"So..." Baekhyun started, "how are you doing? Is life being good to you?" he said trying to sound normal.

"Well you can say that. I have a cute son now." Chanyeol reached out for his wallet and pulled out a small picture. He gave it to Baekhyun. "His name's Hyun-woo. You know after your favorite actor.” He grinned. “Remember our deal before? I'm sorry but I won" Chanyeol stated. He's quite comfortable now.

‘’I know.’’ Baekhyun thought. "Really? I'm sorry I don't remember." He lied.

"Oh. Is that so?" Chanyeol frowned.

"He's really cute." Baekhyun commented. "He looks really like you. Little Park Chanyeol with big ears." He laughs. Chanyeol laughed too.

 

They were silent again.

 

"Are you dating right now?" Chanyeol said finally breaking the silence off.

"I'm not really comfortable talking about that." Baekhyun replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry for asking. I thought its okay to ask since, you know, we know each other very well." The tall guy apologized.

"No need to apologize." Baekhyun smiled. "And no, Chanyeol, we don't know each other anymore. Things had change." he added.

 

Baekhyun didn't know where those words came from. It just sort of slipped from his mouth. He doesn’t regret it though. After all it’s the truth. Chanyeol on the other hand only manage to say "Right" in a whisper like voice.

 

"I'm going back inside.” Baekhyun fixed himself up. “Nice talking to you."

 

He stood up. He began to step forward but Chanyeol reached out and took a hold of his wrist. He abruptly stops. He was startled. He didn’t dare to look back. They were in that position for a minute or so until Chanyeol finally spoke.

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun." He said. "I'm really sorry."

Baekhyun was even more astounded with Chanyeol's words. He began to feel a little bit heavier. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before turning to face Chanyeol.

 

He shook his head. "Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong." Baekhyun smiled. He released himself from Chanyeol's hold and reached out for his back pocket. "Here,"

 

Baekhyun handed over the card he received from Chanyeol 8 years ago. Chanyeol accepted it completely puzzled.

 

Baekhyun walked away.

 

 

 


A/N: Here’s the second part. Don’t kill me because this chapter . I also left you with so many questions unanswered. The card, Baekhyun’s feeling for Chanyeol, vice versa... etc. Please stick with the story, you’ll know soon. ^_^

 

Thank you for bearing with a newbie like me. >< Don’t forget to comment, subscribe and vote. Also if you like this story, please share it with your ChanBaek shipper friends. Thank you again! :)