Love Is Painful and Confusing

Back For You

It's been 7 months since Baekhyun saw Chanyeol. And during those months he tried his hardest to forget and even open his heart for someone else. But why? Why is his heart hurting so much right now? Chanyeol is in front of him. Why is he feeling like this?

 

"Dad!" The little kid shouted as he dashed out to Chanyeol's direction.

 

Dad?

 

Baekhyun came back to his senses and saw Chanyeol picked up the little kid. He turned to walk away but was halted when Chanyeol called him.

 

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol said as he walked towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned again to face Chanyeol. "Oh... Chanyeol... Hi." He smiled awkwardly.

"Nice seeing you here." The tall guy remarked. "This is my son, Hyun-woo."

"I see." Baekhyun nods. "Hi, Hyun-woo." His heart is still nervously pounding.

"He doesn't understand much Korean." Chanyeol explained.

"Oh." The short guy responded. "I'm sorry Chanyeol... I... I need to go now." He bowed.

"Wait— "

 

Baekhyun walked away from Chanyeol and his son as fast as he could, even leaving his shopping cart behind. He shouldn't stay. No. He couldn't stay. What if Chanyeol's wife came? He needs to spare his heart for pain.

 

Pain?

But I’ve already moved on.

 

He shook his head kept walking and walking and found himself in a nearby park. He sat at one of the park benches and tried to calm himself down. He's sweating a lot.

 

Why are you like this?

Hey Byun Baekhyun you shouldn't be feeling like this.

Get yourself together.

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes.

 

Yes. That's right. I'm just surprised to see him again. I don't feel anything for him anymore. I'm just surprised.

 

He tried convincing himself.

 

Just surprised

Just surprised

 

~

After successfully calming himself down, Baekhyun went to a nearby cafe to get something to drink. He was about to call Kyungsoo but remembered that his best friend left for China earlier. He dialed his boyfriend's number. It took three rings before Tao answered it.

 

"Hello?"

 

Baekhyun didn't respond.

 

"Hey, Baekhyunnie is something wrong?" Tao said in worried voice.

"No." He finally said. "I just called to say I Miss You."

"Sweet. But we just saw each other a while ago." The Chinese guy cooed.

Baekhyun chuckled. "I know. I just suddenly miss you."

"I miss you too." Tao said. "I'm sorry I need to go now.”

"Can you… can you come over in my apartment tonight?” Baekhyun requested

“Sure. See you later, I love you.”

“Okay.”

 

Baekhyun hanged up without saying "I Love You" back to his boyfriend. He's not sure why, but he doesn't feel like saying it. He smiled. I’m so weird today.

 

~

Tao immediately drive to Baekhyun’s place after finishing his paper works. Baekhyun welcomed him with a hug.

 

“How’s work?” He asked.

“Tiring.” Tao faintly smiled. “But since I’m with you right now, I’m not tired anymore.”

“Eeiiii. What a joke.” Baekhyun laughed. “Come, I made you dinner.”

“Really? Wow. Maybe I should just move in with you.”

 

Baekhyun became speechless at the thought of Tao moving in with him.

 

“Why? You don’t want to live together with me?” Tao pouted.

“No… of course I want to.. but not so soon.” The shorter guy explained.

“Hey Byun Baekhyun, are you planning to break up with me in the future?” The Chinese man asked in a serious voice.

Baekhyun hit his boyfriend in the head. “Of course not you idiot. Why would I break up with such a boyfriend?” He signal Tao to come closer and gave him a peck on the lips. He ran away after kissing his boyfriend.

“Hey!” Tao smiled. “You’ll pay for that.” He said as he ran after his boyfriend.

 

~

Tao knew something’s wrong with his boyfriend. First, Baekhyun never said “I Love You” back to him earlier. Second, he’s acting pretty strange. He couldn’t help but wonder and be worried with Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun can I ask you a question?” He asked. The two of them are now cuddled in the living room.

“Sure.”

“What’s wrong with you today? Before I left you in the grocery store, you’re doing fine. To be honest Baekhyun, as much as I want you to be like this every day, it’s just not so you. Did something happen?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun reluctantly said, there’s no point on lying, he thought. “I saw Park Chanyeol earlier. You know, my first love.”

Tao fixed himself up, “And?”

“I don’t know… I ran away.”

Tao never said anything.  Baekhyun knew this talk isn’t going anywhere. He can feel Tao’s eyes fiercely gazing at him.

Tao took a deep breath then did something Baekhyun would’ve never expected. Tao hugged him. They stayed in that position for a minute before the Chinese guy spoke.

“Baekhyun…” he began. “I don’t want to get mad on you for still having feelings with your first love. But when you agreed to be my boyfriend, you also agreed on loving me faithfully.” He let go of his hug and kissed Baekhyun on cheeks. “I’m going home; you need some time to think.”

Tao stood up but Baekhyun took a hold of his wrist; he’s now staring on the floor. “Don’t… please stay.” Baekhyun’s tears starts rolling down on his cheeks.  “Please don’t leave me.”

Tao pulled his boyfriend to a hug once more as Baekhyun wrapped his arms to the Chinese guy.

“Okay.” Tao whispered softly.

 

~

The next morning Baekhyun woke up to the smell of freshly cooked eggs. He found Tao on the kitchen.

“Good morning.” Tao greeted. “Sit.”

Baekhyun looked at the wall clock, its 10:30. “Aren’t you supposed to be on the office right now?” He asked as Tao.

Tao sat across Baekhyun and grinned, “I ditched work today… to have a date with you.” He winked.

“Woah.” Baekhyun chuckled. “You’re unbelievable. You don’t have to this.”

“I know. But I want to make you feel better.”

“You already did.” Baekhyun smiled. “But fine, let’s go on a date.”

 

The two of them head to a nearby movie house.

 

“So what do we have here?” Baekhyun scanned the list of the currently showing movies. “Is there something in particular you like to watch Tao?”

“No. I’m fine with anything.” Tao replied.

 

Baekhyun ended up picking a thriller movie. Tao was surprised with his boyfriend’s choice of movie. To be honest, he’s not good with this kind of films.

 

“Baek, aren’t we supposed to watch a romantic movie. Since you know, we’re a couple?” He simply tried to make Baekhyun changed his mind.

The shorter guy looked at him. “I thought you’re fine with anything?” He eyed Tao.

“Yeah but—“

“Ohmy, are you scared?” Baekhyun grinned.

“Of course not!” Tao said defensively. He walked away to buy their tickets. Baekhyun followed.

 

 

~

“Hahaha. You’re such a kid Tao.” Baekhyun laughed loud. They just finished watching the movie and are now outside the movie house. Tao is completely pale.

“Shut up Baek.” Tao glared at him. “It’s not funny.”

“Actually it is.” Baekhyun said still laughing. “Never knew you’re such a weakling with thriller movies.”

“I’m not a weak!”

“Fine. You’re not.” Baekhyun smiled. “Ahh... I’m hungry, let’s eat.”

 

They searched for somewhere to eat and ended up in a fancy restaurant much to Baekhyun’s delight. He rarely goes with this kind of restaurant. It’s always the café or some small food stalls. It’s not that he can’t afford such expensive restaurant; he just thinks the prices are not reasonable. But since Tao is paying today he just goes with it.

 

Baekhyun was pleasantly satisfied with the restaurant’s food. It definitely justified the expensive price. Tao was delighted to see him look happy.

“You like it?” Tao asked.

He just nods to confirm.

 

Tao excused himself to go to the washroom just after finishing their meals. Baekhyun scanned the whole place and realized that it is indeed a restaurant for rich people. He can definitely tell that these people are high-class by the way they dress. Baekhyun looked at his own attire and laugh. He’s just wearing a simple sweater and jeans, definitely not the right dress code for this place.

He smiled when his eyes landed on a table of what seems a family eating together. But this smile didn’t last for long when he recognized who it is. It was Chanyeol and Hyun-woo and he’s pretty sure the girl is Chanyeol’s wife. He tilted his head to get a better view of the girl. Chanyeol saw him. They got eye contact.

Baekhyun quickly looked away, he’s feeling embarrassed. Luckily, Tao came back and asked him if he’s ready to go.

“Yes. I’m good to go.” He replied.

“Let’s go.” Tao offered his hand for Baekhyun to hold.

Baekhyun turned to look again to Chanyeol’s table and saw the latter looking at him. He poised himself up and took Tao’s hand as they exited the restaurant hand in hand. 

 

 

 


A/N: Hi. Here’s an update. Sorry if this chapter yet again… I just want to show here that Baekhyun is trying his hardest to forget Chanyeol completely.. And yay for TaoBaek. :) Please wait for the next update.

So I’ve planned out everything already. Yes folks this fic is coming to an end. Maybe 4-5 chapters to go then bam! It’s the end.

Thanks for supporting this lame story and also for subscribing. Please don’t forget to comment, upvote and share this fic. Thank you.

 

P.S. Are you #TeamChanBaek or #TeamTaoBaek ?? Comment below. ^__^V