First Meeting

Back For You

 


Baekhyun was involuntarily wakened up by his loud ringing phone. He was super annoyed when he saw that it was only Kyungsoo. He took a deep breath before answering his phone.

“What do you want Kyung? Geez, its only 10 in the morning!” Baekhyun complained. He’s still half asleep.

“Wow Baekhyun. Only 10? The world is already busy and you’re still sleeping. Wow.” Kyungsoo replied sarcastically.

“Whatever Kyung, just tell me what you need to tell me so I can go back to my beauty sleep.” Baekhyun is now annoyed more than ever.

“Okay, I need you to meet me later at the café, 4’oclock.”

“What’s this about Kyungsoo? Missing me already? We just saw each other a couple of days ago.”

“To be honest Baek, grow up. Anyway, be there, OK. I’ll be waiting.” Kyungsoo hanged up without even letting Baekhyun say something.

This rude idiot. What does he want? Baekhyun grunts as he covered his face with pillows attempting to sleep again.

 

Baekhyun never got the chance to fall back and sleep again. Instead he went to his computer table and starts reviewing his revised manuscript. Byun Baekhyun is currently one of the best-selling authors in South Korea. He’s writing under a pen name and never revealed his face to the public. After all, the story is more important than the writer, he always thinks that way. Although a newbie, he received praises from critics for his first book a year ago. He’s now working on his second book he’s under a lot of pressure trying to perfect it. After hours of nonstop editing and revising, he decided to take a break. It was then he realized that it’s almost 3 in the afternoon and he’s supposed to meet Kyungsoo in an hour. He quickly got dressed and left his apartment.

 

~

When Baekhyun arrived at the café, he immediately spotted Kyungsoo. He’s 20 minutes late.  He finds his way to the table but stopped midway when he realized that Kyungsoo is not alone. He’s talking to a guy which Baekhyun couldn’t point out who since he can only see its back. He starts walking again when Kyungsoo signaled him to come closer. It wasn’t until he’s 3 feet away that he’d recognize the other guy.

“Oh my, Minseok is that you?” He exclaimed. “Look at you, you still hadn’t change.  You’re still chubby face.”

“Hello Baekhyun.” Minseok greeted. “You hadn’t changed either. You’re still a late comer.”

“Pffft. He never changed at all Minseok, I tell you.” Kyungsoo teased.

The three settled down to their table and order their respective refreshments. No one can deny that the three were indeed happy to reunite after a long time. They talked about each other’s career. Baekhyun learned that Minseok is now base in China, taking after his father’s business. He also learned than the chubby face guy is now engaged. After an incredibly long catching up, Minseok bid his friends goodbye.

 

“Minseok is only here because of the reunion.” Kyungsoo told his best friend.

“Oh, I see. That’s too bad then. I really missed that guy.” Baekhyun sighed. “We’re grown up already.” The two of them is now heading to the bus stop. Silence emerged between the two of them for a while.

“About the reunion Kyung, I’ve decided to attend.”

“Really? That’s good news then. I knew you’ll change your mind if you meet Minseok beforehand.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean after seeing Minseok after a long time, I’d figure out that you’ll become intrigued with our other classmates life.” The younger guy explained.

“That’s very clever Kyung. But honestly, you’re right, I became curious.” Baekhyun admitted.

 

~

The reunion is two days away and Baekhyun is becoming a little paranoid. There’s no way he can back out. Kyungsoo will kill him. Even though he keeps denying it, he knows that the real reason behind his paranoia is none other than Chanyeol. Sure, there’s no assurance that Chanyeol will attend but what if? What if he really did attend what would be his reactions? Will he try to act normal? But what’s the normal him? He wanted to knock his head out. It’s really driving him crazy. He came up with the conclusion that if he’s really going to meet Chanyeol again, he needs to remind himself that that Chanyeol is now stranger. He’s no longer the Park Chanyeol from 8 years ago. Not the same person whom he confessed to. Things had changed.

 

[11 Years Ago]

 

It was raining hard that day. It wasn’t on the news and he doesn’t have any umbrella with him. The school is almost empty; the students are on their way home. The teenage Baekhyun is curing under his breath.

“Do you want to share my umbrella?” A deep voice came from behind. Baekhyun almost yelp in surprise. He turned to see who the voice is from. He’s surprised to learn that the owner of the voice is from the school’s popular student, Park Chanyeol.

“Uhmmm. No. I’ll just wait for the rain to stop. Thanks though.” He shyly declined.

“The clouds are really dark. I bet it will rain nonstop.” Chanyeol said observing the sky. Baekhyun too, look up at the sky above. Chanyeol’s right, it’s really dark.

“Let’s go, I’ll walk you home.” The taller guy wrapped his arms around the surprised boy’s shoulder. Baekhyun was left with no choice but to comply.

They’re halfway through his house when Baekhyun finally spoke, “Can you release your arms from my shoulder? It’s kind of awkward.” He said it in almost inaudible voice.

“What?” Chanyeol asked.

“Your arms,” Baekhyun repeated.

“Oh. I’m sorry.” Chanyeol apologized, quickly untangling his arms from Baekhyun’s shoulder.

There’s no more conversation happened after that. After what seems like forever, the two arrived at Baekhyun’s house.

“Thanks.” Baekhyun bowed showing his gratitude towards the taller guy.

“No problem. See you tomorrow at school – Uhmmm. What’s your name again?” Chanyeol shyly asked.

“Right, I haven’t introduced myself at all. I’m sorry. My name is Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun.”

“Nice name.” Chanyeol grinned. “And don’t apologize, I didn’t introduce myself either. My name is Park—“

“Chanyeol, I know. You don’t need to introduce yourself, everyone knows you.” Baekhyun teases.

Chanyeol smiled at him fondly. “Well see you tomorrow Bacon.”

“Thank agai – wait what did you just call me?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief. But Chanyeol is already walking away giving him nothing but a peace sign. “Tch. What a guy.” He then too made his way to their door.

 

 

 


A/N: I said I'm going to update next week but here I am posting a new chapter a few hours after the 1st chapter. lol Anyway, this chapter is full of shiz. haha.

Please subscribe, upvote and comment. Also thanks to my new subscribers! ^-^V Please wait for the next update