Epilogue: Fate (Like A Fool)

Back For You

[6 MONTHS LATER]

 

The crowds are cheering. Voices from mostly teenagers echoed all through out every corner of a bookstore. Today is the launching day of Korea's most anticipated book from the most in demand author at the moment. People were lined up waiting to get their hands for a copy. This is it, today is the launch of Byun Baekhyun's new book.

 

 

With so much persuasion from his publisher Taeyeon, Baekhyun agreed on revealing his face to the public for the first time. And here he is, standing in front of a hundred crowds waiting their copies to be signed. Also present in the event is his noona, his parents, Kyungsoo, and Jongin all proud of his work.

He scanned the bookstore and spotted a certain tall guy near the store’s door. He was looking at him, smiling. Chanyeol never left him since the day Tao broke up with him. Although, he felt sorry about Tao, he’s also thankful to him. Thankful to the point that he even dedicated his new book to the Chinese guy.

A brief conference was made before the official book signing. When asked about the book’s theme, Baekhyun smiled and said, “You know, love. About how love can make us do things beyond our imaginations.  How love molds into the person we are today. And that love,” He shifted his gaze to Chanyeol’s spot, “if it’s true love, really waits.”

The crowds erupted into series of applause as Taeyeon announced that the book signing is starting.

 

 

 

 

The event lasted for almost two hours. Baekhyun was tired but definitely happy. His family quickly congratulated him as soon as he departs the signing stage.

“Congratulations on your new book Baekhyun.” His parents said in unison.

“Thanks mom, thanks dad.”

“Congrats Baek”

“Thanks Noona.”

Jongin and Kyungsoo handed him a gift. “Congratulations.” Kyungsoo said. “Congrats.” Jongin added.

“Thanks Kyung. Thanks Jongin.”

 

“Congratulations Bacon.” Chanyeol emerges from somewhere, bouquet of red roses on his hands. “For you.”

Baekhyun accepted it and kissed his boyfriend on the cheeks. He really wanted to kiss Chanyeol on the lips but since his parents are watching he controlled his self. “Thanks.”

 

“So cheesy. Get a room please. Mom and dad is watching, have some respect Baek.” His noona playfully joked. All of them laughed at his sister’s remark. “So have you decided to go with Chanyeol in New York to meet his son formally?” His sister added.

“Yes. I decided to go with him.” Baekhyun smiled sheepishly.  “But,” he snatched Kyungsoo away from Jongin, “not after my and Kyungsoo’s vacation in London.”

Kyungsoo eyes widen in surprise. “What? Really? You’re really going to bring me to London?”

“Yes. I promise you already didn’t I?”

Kyungsoo hugged Baekhyun. “Thanks Baek. You’re the bestest friend ever.”

“I still need to get my revenge on you Kyung. I need to punch you at least for once.”

The people erupted in another series of laughter.

 

“Am I late already?” A voice from behind asked. They all stop laughing and turned to look at the voice’s source. Baekhyun’s eyes widen, so is Kyungsoo. “Tao?” They both said in unison.

Tao went into their direction. “Hi.”

“Ohmy… you’re really here!” Baekhyun said in glee. “How have you’ve been?”

“I’m fine Baekhyun.” He smiled. “So can I still get my autograph book?”

“Of course. But let’s do that after we have dinner. Come on join us. Please.” Baekhyun begged.

“Sure. But…” Tao scratched his nape. He signaled someone to come closer. A tall chinese-looking guy emerge. “This is Kris, can he join us too?”

Baekhyun gave Tao a knowing smile. “Sure.”

 

“Tsk.” Baekhyun’s sister made a sound. “Why are all good looking guys, if not taken, gay? Arrgghhh. I hate this life.” She acts playfully as she dashed off to the bookstore’s entrance. “Well aren’t you coming? I’m hungry!”

They all laughed again as they followed Baekhyun’s noona on the entrance. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun stopping him from walking.

“Bacon. Did you know why I stood near the entrance during the whole event?” Chanyeol asked gazing lovingly to Baekhyun.

“Why?”

Chanyeol smiled. “To tell you that no matter how far we are to each other, in the end, I’ll always be back for you. Here, right by your side. I love you Bacon.”

 

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck; his heart is beating so fast. “I love you too giant.” He said back as he closed the distance between him and Chanyeol. 


 


 

After 2 weeks and half, I could finally mark this story complete. Thank you for supporting my very first story. I wouldn’t make it without your continuous support. So to all the commenters, the subscribers, the upvoters… Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I never thought this story will receive such overwhelming response.

And to start the next year right, I’m announcing my second chaptered fanfiction, Taking Chances. Please click the link below to see the plot if you’re interested.

Again, thank you very very much! *bows* 

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 

Link for Taking Chances: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/627170