The Card and the Dedication

Back For You

 


Baekhyun decided to go back to his apartment the same day Chanyeol had visited his parents. His parents were surprised by his sudden decision but let him anyway. He said that he'll visit again soon and make sure he'll stay for a while. His older sister gave him a ride back to his apartment.

 

"Baek, are you okay?" His older sister's asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Baekhyun replied.

"Baek, whatever that is troubling you don't hesitate to tell me." She said.

"There's nothing to tell." Baekhyun closed his eyes.

His sister sighed, "We both know better. But whatever it is, I only have two words for you; Move on."

 

The rest of the ride back home was quiet. Baekhyun's noona didn't press the matter. They arrived at Baekhyun's place 45 minutes after.

 

"Do you want to go inside?" Baekhyun asked his noona.

"No. I'm going now. Mom told me to get groceries."

"Okay then. Thanks for the ride noona." Baekhyun hugged his older sister.

"You're welcome. And don't hesitate to call me if you need something." She said.

"Alright."

 

Baekhyun departs his sister's car and gave her a wave before the latter took off.

 

 

~

 

Baekhyun enters his apartment and directly went to his bedroom. This is what he wants. Isolation. He wanted to be alone. He wanted a peaceful place to think things over. He sulked in his bed and reached out for his bag. He pulled out a card from it and positioned himself to read it. He slowly opened it and a piece of paper fell down from it. He unfolds the paper.

 

 

Dear Bacon,

 

First of all congratulations! You made it! Finally you'll be able to move on with college, just like you always wanted.

 

I'm sorry I couldn't congratulate you in person. By the time you read this I'm probably inside an airplane on my way to New York. I'm sorry too for not telling you about this.

 

My parents wanted me to pursue college in America. They said my future will be brighter if I studied there. I wanted to tell you this the last time we met, but you unexpectedly confessed to me. Again, I'm sorry.

 

About your confession, honestly I'm surprised to hear that. I didn't even imagine I'll hear those words from you. See the button attached on the card? That's my uniform's second button, the closest to my heart. I think you know what that means.

 

I like you too, Bacon. It's just that it"s already too late. How can I accept your feelings when I know I'm going to leave you behind? I don't want to hurt you.

 

You're free to love again Bacon. I wouldn't hold you back, and I hope you'll do the same. But when the time comes we meet again in the future, I promise you that if were both free, I wouldn't hesitate to give our feelings a second chance.

 

Fly High, Byun Baekhyun!

 

Your best friend,

Chanyeol

 

~

Tears start streaming down on Baekhyun's cheeks. He knows that he's the one at fault. The heartache he's experiencing right now, it's all his doing. Chanyeol had clearly told him to move on with his feelings. But what did he do?  He waited for Chanyeol. He waited for him to come back. He thought it wouldn't take long and Chanyeol will be back on his side again. But it never crossed his mind that it would take eight years for them to meet again.

 

Eight years, still his feelings for Chanyeol never changed.  Eight years of being in love with the guy with a weird smile and big ear. He waited eight years... for nothing. He and Chanyeol couldn’t be together anymore.

 

Baekhyun wiped away his tears and buried his head under his pillows. His older sister's voice popped out of his head. "Move on."

 

~

 

[8 Years Ago]

 

"What course will you take in college?" Chanyeol asked one time during his review session with Baekhyun.

"I'm not sure. I wanted to write a book someday so probably a writing course related." Baekhyun answers without looking at Chanyeol. He's too busy solving a math equation.

"Why do you want to be a writer?" Chanyeol asked once more. "With your brain you could be a doctor, or lawyer or a president." He joked.

Baekhyun stopped doing his works. "And why are we discussing this right now?" He lift his left eyebrow.

"I'm curious with the future. I'm curious to what you'll become, what I'll become."

"I'm 100% sure right now that if you don't go back and review your notes you'll be a beggar in the future." Baekhyun laughed.

Chanyeol smiled. "But hey, are you going go dedicate your first book to me?"

"It depends." Baekhyun replied. "Now go back to studying. “He added.

"Well I hope you will. I'll be hurt big time if you don't." Chanyeol said. "After all I'm your best friend."

"Sorry to break your ego tall guy, but Kyungsoo is also my best friend." Baekhyun said shaking his head.

"Then put him in your second book. I want to be in your first one." Chanyeol argued.

"Honestly Chanyeol, let's focus with reviewing first before discussing my non-existent book." He eyed his best friend.

"I still want my name in your first book." Chanyeol said in finality.

 

~

 

[1 Year Ago]

 

"You need to pass your dedication page today Baekhyun so we can finish the layout of your book and proceeds on printing." Taeyeon, Baekhyun's publisher said over the phone.

"I know. I'm working on it. I'll email it to you later." Baekhyun stated.

"Why are you taking so long to write that page? Anyway I am expecting that email today."

"You got it." Baekhyun hanged up.

 

Baekhyun went on to work with said page for the whole day. He didn't know too why he kept revising his dedication page. At first he dedicated it to his parents then changed it to his older sister then changed back again to his parents.

 

"I want my name in your first book"

 

Baekhyun gave up after three hours of revising it. He sighed and proceeds to the original dedication page he planned a long time ago. When he finished it, he seems satisfied. He immediately called Taeyeon.

 

"Hey! I'm done writing it. I already sent it to you."

 

~

 

[PRESENT TIME]

 

Baekhyun lift his body from his bed and sat into his computer table chair. He picked his first published book and turned it to the dedication page.

 

 

This book is dedicated to a very special friend of mine whom I haven't seen for quite some time.

Even though you may not read this, I still wanted you to know that from the very beginning I always intended to dedicate my first book to you. You're my inspiration.

 

P.C., this is for you.

 

 

 


A/N: Update once more. HAHAHA.  So I revealed Chanyeol’s answer already 8 years ago. So… yeah. I don’t know what to say about this chapter. Maybe Baekhyun we’ll move on for real this time. And I have something in mind, it was not in the original plot but you’ll see. ><

 

Thanks for reading again. I wouldn’t get tired of thanking you every single time because y’all my fav. people in the world. Don’t forget to comment, subscribe, upvote and share. Thanks! ^__^