Everything Has Changed

Back For You

Baekhyun went back inside the private bar and found Kyungsoo sitting near the bar counter. He walked towards him.

 

"Where have you been Baek? I've been looking for you." Kyungsoo asked.

"Outside." he replied. "Chanyeol and I talked." he added.

 

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol enters the bar. The tall guy looked at his direction but Baekhyun turned his gaze somewhere else.

 

"What did you talk two about?" Kyungsoo asked. He seems interested.

"Nothing." Baekhyun shrugged much to the dismay of his best friend.

"You're so unfair Byun Baekhyun." Kyungsoo frowned. "Come on, tell me."

"I told you it’s nothing." Baekhyun insists. "Besides we didn't talk that long."

 

Kyungsoo didn't argue anymore. Instead he made a mental note to interrogate his best friend some time later. He stood up and faced Baekhyun.

 

"Baek, Jongin invited me to another part after this. I said yes. Minseok's coming too. You wanna join?"

"No. I'm fine." Baekhyun too, stood up. "I shall take my leave now."

"What? You're going home already? Come on Baek stay for a while." Kyungsoo requested.

Baekhyun smiled at his best friend. "I'm not really in the mood anymore Kyung. I just want to lie on my bed and rethink things over."

"Alright. But will you be alright by yourself?" He asked in concern.

"Of course I will. I'm a big guy now." Baekhyun laughed.

Kyungsoo smiled too, "We both know you're short."

"Lucky for me, you're short too." Baekhyun said still laughing. "I should get going."

“Take care Baek. See you around."

Baekhyun went to their table and told the group that he'll be taking his leave first.

 

"Awwww. Already?" Naeun remarked. "Wish you could stay a little longer."

"I'm sorry Naeun. I'm not really feeling well right now." Baekhyun apologized to his friend. "Hand me your phone, I'll write my number in."

Naeun hand him her phone and Baekhyun entered his phone number.

"There." Baekhyun gave back Naeun's phone. "Let's catch up soon." He smiled.

Naeun nods. Baekhyun bid his friends goodbye--including Chanyeol. He gave the group one last bow before making his way to the door.

 

~

"Do you need a ride home? I have car. I can drive you home." A deep voice from behind said.

Baekhyun is now on the hotel's entrance waiting for a taxi. He turned his back and saw Chanyeol. He's not surprised. He knew that voice very well.

"Ride home with a guy who confused Apgujeong with Cheongdam?" Baekhyun tried to joke. "No thanks Chanyeol but I'm fine taking a taxi." he added.

 

This scene reminds Baekhyun of the time he first met Chanyeol. Chanyeol trying to offer him help which he'll decline. But only this time Chanyeol didn't insist of helping him.

 

"Why did you gave this back to me?" Chanyeol asked. He's now holding the card he received from Baekhyun earlier.

"I’m not sure. I think that's the right thing to do," Baekhyun answered. He's not looking at Chanyeol. "Isn’t it?"

 

Chanyeol was about to say something but was distracted when a taxi stopped in front of them. Baekhyun turned his attention to the taxi and opens the back seat door. He's about to go inside when Chanyeol spoke once more.

 

"Bacon." Chanyeol said in soft voice.

 

Baekhyun was stunned. It's been so long since he heard that nickname. That endearment he allowed no one but Chanyeol to call him. It gave chills all over his body. He didn't say a word nor looked back. He proceeds to enter the taxi. Chanyeol held the door just before he could close it completely.

 

"Maybe you're right," Chanyeol began, "maybe things had changed already. Maybe even everything. But this," He lays the card on Baekhyun's lap, "this will always be belong to you. THAT will never change."

 

Chanyeol fixed himself. "Take care on your way home." He said as he backed out closing the door.

 

Baekhyun never utter a single word. He was too distracted with Chanyeol's words. He was quiet for a while.

 

"Sir where are you headed?" asked the taxi driver politely

Baekhyun jolted back to reality. "Huh?" He asked back.

"I asked sir where you want to go." repeated the taxi driver once more.

"Oh, just drive for a while." Baekhyun requested.

 

The taxi cab starts to move leaving Chanyeol as he watches Baekhyun's ultimately fading figure.

 

~

Baekhyun was completely puzzled during the ride. "Why do you have to hurt me this much?" He took a deep breath. It wasn't until Baekhyun realized that his taxi fare is already high when he asked the driver to take him home. "Take me to this address."

 

~

Baekhyun ended up in front of his parents’ house. Both his parents and older sister were surprised to see him. They ushered him in.

 

"Why the sudden visit Baekhyun?" His mother asked. "Is there something wrong?"

 

"No mom. Nothing’s wrong. I just felt like coming home." He faintly smiled. "I'm a little tired right now mom, can I take a rest first? Let's talk tomorrow." Baekhyun stood up from the sofa and kissed his mom on the cheeks. "Good night mom. Good night dad.”

 

~

He went upstairs, to his old room. He closed the door behind him and turned the lights on. He missed this. He misses his old room. It’s been so long since he last visited. Sure, he has his own place now but this house is still what he calls a ‘home’. He throws himself to his bed. He felt relieved.

 

Baekhyun heard a knock just a little after changing his clothes to his pajamas. "Come in."

 

It's her older sister. Baekhyun smiled at her. "Hi." he greets.

"SPILL." His older sister stated.

"What?" Baekhyun said in disbelief.

I know you Byun Baekhyun. Come on tell your noona."

Baekhyun took a deep breath. "It's Chanyeol." he admitted. He sat beside his older sister on his bed.

"What about Chanyeol?" His older sister asked.

"We met again."

 

Baekhyun is really close with his older sister. They're almost like twins according to their parents. He still remembers the time his older sister had her first period. He thought that she’s dying because she saw blood on her sister’s short. He really freaked out that time. Nothing happened in Baekhyun’s life that his noona isn't aware of. He always confides in her. Thus he also knows about Chanyeol.

 

He proceeds on telling his older sister about Chanyeol. He told her about Chanyeol's marriage, his son and everything he had learned. He also told her the brief conversation he had with Chanyeol in the hotel's cafe. But Baekhyun never mentioned the things Chanyeol said just before he closed the taxi’s door. He's not ready to talk about it.

After hearing Baekhyun out his older sister enveloped him in a tight hug.

"Even though I really feel bad for you, I think it's the best thing that ever happened.” His noona said.  “Atleast you can move on completely now."

Baekhyun hugged his noona back, "I hope so." He sighed. "Noona, do you want to sleep here?"

"I would love to!" His older sister replied.

 

 

 


A/N: UPDATE! I originally planned on revealing the card’s content with this chapter but decided against it at the last minute. It’s not yet time. *evil laughs*. Haha. I actually wrote this chapter while listening to EXO’s Don’t Go so imagined all the feels I’m having right now. So we saw a little bit of Chanyeol’s feeling here and yeah, we’ll see more on the next chapters. ><  Please wait for the next update.

 

Also maybe you’ll think that I’m a snob because I don’t reply to your comments but no, I read each of everyone’s comment and I appreciate. Thank you very much. I’ll properly thank you at the end of this story. ^__^V

 

Don’t forget to comment, subscribe, upvote and share this story. Thanks again for supporting this lame fanfiction. haha