Moving on... ?

Back For You

"So... did you end things with Chanyeol?"

 

This was Kyungsoo's first question to Baekhyun when they meet. It's the first time they saw each other again since the reunion party. For three weeks, Baekhyun tried to avoid his best friend's call but gave up yesterday when Kyungsoo threaten to not be friends with him anymore. "What a dirty blackmail" he thought.

 

"Yeah, I did." Baekhyun replied dejectedly.

"Are you sad?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I'm not sure if that's a serious question or a mocking question." The older guy said.

"It's a serious one!"

"Then of course, I am!" Baekhyun snapped. "Why are you still asking that?"

 

Kyungsoo was caught off guard with Baekhyun's sudden change of mood but he understands.

 

"Baekhyun, look, I know it’s hard but you need to move forward. Go open your heart for someone else."

"I know that! But give me some time." Baekhyun argued.

"No. You wasted so much time already. Come on, I'll help you get over him." Kyungsoo said.

"What?" Baekhyun said in a surprise loud voice. Kyungsoo was confused. "You... are you confessing to me right now?!

Kyungsoo burst into laughter after hearing Baekhyun's words. "Ha ha ha! Byun Baekhyun are you nuts? What I meant by "help" is I will set you up in a blind date."

"Oh I thought y-- wait what? A blind date? No no no no and no." Baekhyun said. "Go and find a blind date for yourself."

"Not possible. As of the moment I'm dating someone." Kyungsoo announced proudly.

"Who? Kim Jongin?" The older guy said in a mock voice. Baekhyun waited for Kyungsoo to defend himself. It was silent, no whines from Kyungsoo. He turned to look at his best friend and found the latter smiling.

 

"O. M.G. Kyungsoo! You're dating Kim Jongin now?" Baekhyun's eyes widen.

"Shhhh. Don't be so loud." Kyungsoo said still smiling. "And yes, were dating. But enough of me, you're the subject here."

"You're so unfair!" Baekhyun frowned.

"So about the blind date--"

"NO! I don't like that. I won't go. Blind dates are stupid."

The younger guy tried calm himself down by doing a breathing exercise. "Baekhyun, here's what we'll do, I'll give you a month to pick yourself up. And after that you're going to go with that blind date."

"I said I won't --"

"You're going!"

Baekhyun tried to argue but was completely overpowered by his best friend.

"Fine!" He sighed in defeat.

 

[1 Month After]

 

Baekhyun entered his favorite coffee shop and picked a table for two. Today is his blind date with whomever someone Kyungsoo managed to get. He really doesn't want to go but Kyungsoo said to just give it a try and see for himself. Kyungsoo's right, he should give it a try. What's there to lose anyway?

 

"Excuse me? Are you Byun Baekhyun?

 

Baekhyun's stream of thoughts quickly disappeared when he heard a man's voice. He looked up to see who is it but was completely distracted with the man's face. “Woah this guy is gorgeous!” he thought. He stared at him for a while but came back to his senses when the man spoke once again.

 

"Are you alright?"

"Ah yes I'm fine. Please sit." Baekhyun's heart was pounding. "My name's Byun Baekhyun." He introduced himself.

"Hi, my name is Huang Zitao but call me Tao for short. Nice to meet you" Tao said.

"Huang Zitao, that sounds like a foreign name." Baekhyun commented.

"It is actually a foreign name. I'm Chinese." Tao smiled. "Have you been waiting for so long? I'm sorry I got lost on the way." He apologized.

"Baekhyun. Just call me Baekhyun." He said. "And no, I just arrived too."

 

The two continued on with their talk. They asked each other's birthday, interests and works. Baekhyun was surprisingly comfortable around Tao. Tao felt the same way. The two exchanged numbers before separating their own way.

 

“See you again, Baekhyun.” Tao bowed. “Be careful on your way.”

“You too Tao. Nice meeting you.” Baekhyun bowed back.

 

~

That night, something bothers Baekhyun. It was Chanyeol's words.

 

Bacon, do you believe in Soul Mates?

You know some say that you'll immediately recognize your soul mate once you laid your eyes upon him or her for the first time. It's like an instinct.

 

Baekhyun felt it earlier with Tao. The first time Baekhyun laid his eyes on Tao, he was pleasantly surprise. He never thought Kyungsoo would set him up with such a gorgeous guy. He felt butterflies in his stomach. He fell in love at first sight.

“Is he really my soul mate?”

 

`~

Baekhyun and Tao gradually become closer. And after two months of getting to know each other they finally became an official couple much to Kyungsoo's delight. It was awkward, Baekhyun thought, to finally open his heart for someone else after a long time. But he’s glad he gave it a try. They're together now for four months.

 

~

Baekhyun never mentioned Chanyeol to Tao until his boyfriend brought the topic up.

 

"I've been curious Baekhyun, have you ever been in a relationship before me?" Tao asked one afternoon. They were inside Baekhyun's favorite cafe.

"No." Baekhyun bit his lip. "Not really."

"Huh? What do you mean by not really?" The chinese guy eyed his boyfriend.

"Uhhhmmm. Well, I sort of had a hard time getting over with my first love." Baekhyun admitted.

"Is he the same person you dedicated your first book to?" Tao asked.

"Yes." The shorter guy admitted once more. "His name's Park Chanyeol. But let's not talk about him anymore." Baekhyun faintly smiled.

"Are you really, surely, completely gotten over him?" Tao asked in a joking manner.

"Of course! I wouldn't date you if I still have feeling for him." Baekhyun said defensively. "Why? Are you jealous?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nope. I just want to make sure Baekhyunnie's all mine." Tao stared at him lovingly. "I love you to the moon and back."

Baekhyun was surprised by Tao's sudden words but replied nonetheless. "I love you too."

 

Little did Baekhyun know Tao was already aware of his past with Chanyeol. Kyungsoo had told him beforehand about this to warn him about the complications it might bring in the future. He didn't see the need of asking Baekhyun but he wanted to hear it straight from him. He's glad Baekhyun told him the truth.

~

Baekhyun's second book wasn't published as he originally intended. He made the call himself to scrap everything; he wanted to start from scratch. The reason he did this was Chanyeol. His supposed to be second book was still a reminder of his first love, his heartache. He doesn't want that. He wanted to completely move on.

 

Although surprised at his sudden change of mind, Taeyeon, his publisher respected his decision. She told him, she'll let it slip this time but it'll be the last time. She also told him to start working on his new book as soon as possible.

 

~

"Tell Minseok I'm really sorry I couldn't go. My publisher is pressuring me for a deadline." Baekhyun told Kyungsoo. He was at his best friend's house helping Kyungsoo pack.

Kyungsoo is heading for China the next day to attend Minseok's wedding. "Well, you could have joined me if you didn't come up with that idea of scrapping your book." He's clearly upset. He turned to face his best friend. "We've been planning this for months."

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo, I'll make it up to you. If my second book is successful, I'll bring you to London." Baekhyun said.

"Really?" Kyungsoo smiled. "Promise?"

"I promise." He assured. "Now this is my wedding gift to Minseok." Baekhyun carefully placed a wrapped gift inside Kyungsoo's suitcase. "It's really fragile so be careful."

 

After they finished packing, Kyungsoo ordered a pizza for the two of them to eat. They were now on the living room watching a random variety show on the TV.

 

"So how are things going on with Zitao?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Good!" Baekhyun smiled. "So far so good."

"I'm glad you gave him a chance." Kyungsoo said. "So no more feelings for Chanyeol?" he asked again.

"To be honest, I still feel something for Chanyeol. But very little." Baekhyun admitted. "I'm sure it'll fade in no time." Baekhyun smiled.

"I'm sure it will." Kyungsoo said.

 

~

Baekhyun asked Tao to accompany him in sending Kyungsoo off at the airport the next day. After seeing Kyungoo off they went on their way too.

 

"Are you free today? Let's go see a movie." Baekhyun asked his boyfriend.

"As much as I want to be with you all day, I can't Baek. I have meeting at 1PM." Tao said.

"Is that so?" Baekhyun frowned.

"Awww. Is my Baekhyunnie sad?" Tao looked at him. "Don't worry we'll go next time." He tickled his boyfriend's chin. "Okay?"

"Alright." Baekhyun sighed. "Can you drop me at the grocery store? My refrigerator is almost empty now. I need to restock." He requested.

"In one condition." Tao grinned.

Baekhyun looked at him. "What?"

"I think there's no need to ask." Tao said still grinning.

The shorter guy rolled his eyes as he lift his body up from his sit and placed a kiss on Tao's right cheek.

"I want it on lips." Tao protested.

"No. You're driving." Baekhyun said. "I don't want to die yet." He laughed.

"That's so unfair." Tao pouted.

 

~

Baekhyun was in the ice cream section when he felt something hit his knees. He looked at down and saw a little boy on the floor. He quickly reached out to help the little kid stand up.

 

"Hey. Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Baekhyun asked.

 

The kid is giving him a confused look.

 

"Where are your parents?" He asked once more.

 

Still no answer.

 

"Hyun-woo! There you are." Called a man's voice in a language Baekhyun quite sure is English. "Mom is waiting." The man spoke again now in Korean.

 

Baekhyun quickly searched for the sourced of the voice.

He felt like a lightning just struck him when he realized who it was.

“Chanyeol?”

 

 

"Dad!" shouted the little kid as he dashed out to Chanyeol's direction.

 

 

 


A/N: *emerges from darkness* Hello! Here’s an update. I’m sorry for not updating for almost three days. >< And I’m sorry if this chapter . As expected with a newbie like me. T__T. So I introduced Tao here, he’s not in the original plot but yeah I included him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun met again after almost 7 months, what chaos will it make?? Will Baekhyun finally meet Chanyeol's wife?? Hmm. We’ll know soon.

 

I got my Miracles in December KR Version yesterday. I’m so happy, I got Kyungsoo’s snow globe. I also have the poster. ^__^ Hello to my fellow Kyungsoo bias readers.

 

Thank You again for supporting someone like me. >< Please wait for the next update!