The Reunion Part 1

Back For You

Minseok, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun went inside the party's venue. The reunion is being held in a private bar inside of a five star hotel in Gangnam district. Baekhyun was quite amazed by the organizers effort. The venue is almost full of people. Some Baekhyun recognized some he doesn’t.

 

“That's Jenny, he virtually pointed out. I remember she used to sleep with a lot guys in our batch. I bet she's a mother of 12 now.” He silently laughs.  “And oh, that's Kim Jongin.” He now turned his attention to a guy five feet away from him. “Girls and some boys are always following him. Kyungsoo used to have a crush on him. He's really popular before along with Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun's thread of thoughts stopped when Chanyeol's name popped out of his head. He scanned the venue trying to spot a certain tall guy. Chanyeol is nowhere to be seen.

 

"Oh my god Kyungsoo!" someone from the crowd called out. Baekhyun now paid his attention to that guy. It was Chen, he recognized.

 "How are you? It’s good to see you." Chen added

"I'm great." Kyungsoo responded "Nice to see you too."

"Hello there Minseok. And you too Baekhyun." Chen remarked at the sight of the two guys. "God, you two haven't changed at all." He smiled

Minseok laughed. "Well, I still look cute right?" Baekhyun cringe.

After saying hello to Chen, he excused himself and heads to the bar counter. "Vodka please." he politely asked. He felt out of place. Kyungsoo and Minseok looks like having a good time already. And here he is, alone. “I should’ve made some more friends back in high school.” he thought.

 

~

He is silently drinking his beverage, observing the crowd. He scanned the room once more but still no luck of spotting Chanyeol.

 

"Baekhyun? Oh my god, it's you!" A voice of a woman said. Baekhyun turned his gaze to the direction of the voice. "Don't you remember me? I'm Naeun."

"Of course I remember you." Baekhyun affirmed. Naeun quickly enveloped him to a hug. He hugged back

"How are you my boy? I miss you!" she said.

"I'm super fine." Baekhyun replied. "And I miss you too!”

Naeun let Baekhyun go and sat beside him. "So what do you do know? Are you married already? Do you have kids?

"Woah slow down." Baekhyun laughed. "I'm an author now."

"Really? What kind of books do you write?

"Well, actually I'm a newbie in the field. But I have a published book already. It's called 'Before This Song Ends'. I'm working in my second book now" Baekhyun told Naeun.

"Woah. The famous 'Before This Song Ends’?" Naeun yelped.

"That's the one." Baekhyun shyly laughed.

"My husband loves that book very much. I should get him an autograph." She laughed.

"So you're married now, huh? You didn’t even bother asking your old friend to attend your wedding. I’m hurt" “Baekhyun teased.

“I’m really sorry. You know we’ve lost contact.” Naeun quickly apologized "And yes. That guy there," she points to a guy near Kim Jongin, "that's my husband. His name's Taemin. And actually..." she’s now holding her tummy.

It didn't take long for Baekhyun to realize what Naeun's action actually meant. "Oh! Congratulations Naeun. I'm really happy for you!" He hugged her.

"Thank you!” she smiled. “And to make up with you, I want you to be one of his or her godfather."

Baekhyun was astounded by Naeun’s sudden declaration but agreed nonetheless. "Sure. I would love to."

 

He and Naeun were silent for a while. They were preoccupied by the sudden cheers of the crowd. It looks like Jongin and Taemin is having a dance battle.

 

"He really loves to dance." Naeun remarked. "Hey, so are you married now?" she turned her attention to Baekhyun once again.

"Nahhh. I'm y, free and single." Baekhyun lamely joked.

Naeun laughed at her friend's silliness. "Why? Still no luck on finding Ms. Right? Or is it Mr. Right? Either way, are you dating right now?”

"No. Like I told you I'm working on my second book. I'm really busy right now" He stated.

"Ohhh. You should wind up a little Baekhyun." Naeun remarked.

 

The crowd is cheering once more. Jongin and Taemin's dance battle just ended. "Come, I'll introduce you to my husband." Naeun pulled Baekhyun from his chair and made their way to her husband.

 

"Honey, this is Byun Baekhyun. He's one of my closest friends back in high school."

"Hello. My name is Lee Taemin, nice to meet you." Taemin bowed introducing himself.

"Nice to meet you too! I'm Byun Baekhyun." He bowed back.

 

The three of them joined Kyungsoo, Minseok and Chen in one of the table near the bar counters. Also on the table are Jongin and Hyorin. For the first time since he arrived, Baekhyun felt happy. The group ordered some foods and drinks. They were happily chatting with each other. For an instance, Baekhyun completely forgotten about Chanyeol— until Jongin mentioned him.

 

“There’s only 10 seconds left on the clock. I passed the ball to Chanyeol and whoop. We won!" Jongin said gleefully recalling their high school basketball championship game.

 

"I remember cheering so hard that day; and the next day, I couldn't even utter a word." Chen laughed. "Where's Chanyeol anyway?" He looked at Jongin. Baekhyun did the same.

"I'm not sure. The last time I heard of him was three years ago. He's living in New York and already married, expecting a child." Jongin remarked.

Baekhyun felt like a full bucket of ice cold water was just poured over him. He wanted to disappear right at the moment.

 

Chanyeol's married

He's married

He has a child.

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at his best friend. He's right; Baekhyun was dumbfounded by the sudden news. He tried to reach him but was only dismissed. Baekhyun took a deep breath and mimed the words "I'm alright" to Kyungsoo.

The group continued their talk without even noticing Baekhyun's sudden change of mood. He's not talking much like he did before. He only nods and agree even though he doesn't understand some of it. Jongin's words kept repeating inside his mind. "... already married, expecting a child."

 

Baekhyun wanted to knock himself out. He's asking himself why the did he hold on to the past when clearly everyone had already move on. He's asking himself what kind of person he would be now if he hadn't hold on to the past.

 

“Mind if I joined you guys?” His streams of thoughts were interrupted by a deep voice.

 

Baekhyun was stupefied.

 

It was Chanyeol.

 

 

 


A/N: Hello! Here’s an update. I know you all wanted to kill me right now for leaving you hanging like that. But yes, finally the PRESENT Chanyeol already appeared. Wait? He’ married. Awww. Poor Baekhyun. >< Haha. You’ll know more in the next update. Please wait for it. :)

 

Someone pointed out about my grammar and all so I did some revising of the past chapters. Haha. Thanks for commenting that I really appreciate it. *virtually high-fived you*

Thank you for the continued support. Don’t forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. Yay! :>