Surprise!

Back For You

 

 


Tao stayed another night in Baekhyun’s place to make sure his boyfriend is doing fine. Honestly, he felt Baekhyun changes of mood after leaving the restaurant earlier. He wanted to know the reason behind but just slipped it this time. After all, he’s here to make his boyfriend happy.

 

 

“Hey Tao, can you help me?” Baekhyun asked while they’re both preparing for dinner.

“Help in what? Tao asked back.

“Well, the day Kyungsoo’s back from China is also the same day as his birthday. I wanted to throw him a surprise birthday party.” He explained.

“Of course, I’ll help.” The Chinese guy smiled. “What do you want me to do?”

“Since you’re his work mate, I figured out you can help by inviting his closest friends in office.”

“Ah.. I see.” Tao nods. “Should I invite his boyfriend?”

 

Baekhyun stopped midway in cutting the onion when Tao mentioned his best friend’s boyfriend? “What??? You already met his boyfriend?”

“Hmmm.” Tao hummed to confirm. “Already met him twice in the office. He always picks Kyungsoo up.”

“That jerk!” Baekhyun stated in disbelief. “He hasn’t even formally introduced Jongin to me as his boyfriend. Not that it’s important since we knew each other in high school but still!” He added now waving the knife in the air.

“Hey calm down, be careful you might hurt yourself.”

“Please remind me this when we meet him again. I’m surely going to kick his . Now that I think about it, I don’t want to push through that surprise birthday I’m planning.”

“Are you serious?” Tao asked, grinning.

“Of course not, I love my best friend. I love him so much that I wanted to kill him right now.” Baekhyun laughed. “Seriously, I’m going to punch for once.”

“Yeah yeah. Do whatever you like; I’m not going in between of you.” Tao said joining his boyfriend laughing.

 

 

~

Baekhyun spent the next few days preparing for Kyungsoo’s surprise birthday party. He’s not making it grand but at least he wanted to make it special. He’s almost done with the preparations— almost. He already has the list of people attending, which by the way is surprisingly few. He’s also done with the birthday banners. The only problem left— venue. “Why didn’t I think about it beforehand?” He asked himself.

When he consulted Tao about this, his boyfriend told him to just use his house for the venue. The only problem is that Baekhyun doesn’t want that. His place is not for these kinds of events. His place is sacred, his haven. So he threw Tao’s idea right away. He’s on the verge of giving up when an idea popped out in his mind.

 

 

~

“Come on Junmyeon-hyung, lend me the café for one night.” Baekhyun pleads. “Please.”

 

Junmyeon is Baekhyun’s senior in college. He’s the owner of Baekhyun’s favorite café. This is also the reason why he frequents this particular café.

 

“No.” the owner replied without hesitation.

“Why not? It’s only for a night. Please please please.” Baekhyun begged once more.

 

The café owner seems not going to change his mind so Baekhyun was left with no choice but used his last resort.

 

“You still owe me hyung. May I just remind you that I’m the one who suggested this business to you?” Junmyeon looked at him is disbelief. “It’s working!”

“Wow. Byun Baekhyun, you know now how to black mail someone huh? Fine. One night. I’ll lend this place to you.

“Really?” Baekhyun jumped in glee. “Thank you hyung! You’re really the best.” He added giving the older guy thumbs up.

~

Baekhyun immediately informed Tao with the news.

 

To: Tao

From: Baekhyun

I’ve found a place! :)

 

From: Tao

To: Baekhyun

That’s great. Congratulations.

 

To: Tao

From: Baekhyun

Hehehe. Everything is prepared now. All that’s left is Kyungsoo, himself.  J Don’t forget that we’ll pick Kyungsoo in the airport tomorrow okay? See you tomorrow, I♥U.

 

From: Tao

To: Baekhyun

Yes sir. See you tomorrow. Love you too.

 

~

Time quickly passed and Baekhyun found himself with Tao, patiently waiting for Kyungsoo in the airport.

“I’m so excited.” He grinned. “I hope he’ll get surprised.”

Tao couldn’t help but feel happy because Baekhyun is in such good mood. Nothing makes him happier than to see Baekhyun smile.  “I’m sure he will.”

 

It did not take long for Baekhyun to spot Kyungsoo in the crowd. He knows his best friend physiques too well. He quickly gave him a hug.

“Welcome back Kyung. How’s China?” He said squeezing his best friend.

“Hot?” Kyungsoo laughed. “Baek, you can let go now.”

“Oh, I’m sorry; I just missed you so much.”

“Aeiiii. Something’s fishy.” Kyungsoo eyed his best friend. “Don’t worry I got you souvenirs.” He joked. The two best friends laugh.

 

They heads to Tao’s car and after lodging Kyungsoo’s luggage in the compartment, they went on their way.

 

“Kyung, do you mind if we go and grab coffee for a bit?” Baekhyun asked, trying to act normal.

“Sure.” Kyungsoo nods in agreement.

 

 

The three of them arrived in the café not long after. They departed Tao’s car and head for the café.

 

“Baek, I think the café’s closed. There’s no light inside.” Kyungsoo told his best friend.

 

Baekhyun placed a blindfold in between of Kyungsoo’s eyes much to the latter’s shock.

 “What the hell Baek?”

“Shhh. Just follow me.”

“How can I follow you if I can’t even see anything?”

 

Tao opened the door of the café as Baekhyun guide his best friend inside. Once sure they’re in the right position, Baekhyun removed the blindfold.

 

SURPRISE!

 

Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped as he saw his workmate and friends right before him. Singing him a “Happy Birthday” in unison.

 

“Happy Birthday Kyung.” Baekhyun said as he hand him a gift. “From me and Tao.”

“Thanks Baek. You don’t have to this, you know.” Kyungsoo threw Baekhyun a hug.

“I know, I just felt like doing it.”

 

“Happy Birthday D.O” Jongin approached his boyfriend, flowers in hand.

“Thank you Kai.” He gave his boyfriend a quick kiss.

 

Soon enough each of the guests went and greeted Kyungsoo a happy birthday. As they were about to settle on their seats an unexpected guest came.

 

“Chanyeol!” Jongin shouted.

 

Tao and Baekhyun both looked up. Baekhyun thought that Kyungsoo will be the only one to be surprised tonight. He never knew he’ll be surprise as well.

 

“Here!” Jongin shouted once more motioning to Chanyeol to come closer. “I invited him too, since you know he’s also Kyungsoo’s friend. Is there a problem with it?” He asked in concern

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “No, of course not. It’s fine.” He said.

 

Chanyeol approached the table and sat behind Jongin. “Happy Birthday Kyung.” He said as he hand Kyungsoo his gift.

“Thanks Chanyeol. Thanks for coming.”

“No problem.”

 

~

The rest of the night continued as planned. But Baekhyun is calculating his every move. It’s awkward because he not only knows Chanyeol’s watching but he also feel Tao’s eyeing him. He thought the party will end in a peacefully  until—

 

“Why do you keep staring at Baekhyun?” Tao yelled at Chanyeol. Baekhyun quickly searched for the source of the yelling.

“It’s none of your business isn’t it?” Chanyeol dismissed Tao.

“Well actually it is, because you see, he’s my boyfriend.” Tao is now looking at Chanyeol with angry eyes.

“Boyfriend my .” Chanyeol mockingly smirked.

“What—?”

Tao charged forward in Chanyeol’s direction and gave the latter a punch in the cheeks. Baekhyun gasped. The other guests were visibly surprised as well at the sudden commotion. Chanyeol fixed himself up and threw Tao a punch in the chin. Blood started to drip from the corner of the Chinese guy’s mouth but it didn’t stop him. He charged to his opponents place once more and kicked Chanyeol in the stomach.

Both of them ignored Baekhyun’s plead for them to stop. At the moment, there’s only one thing on their mind, and that’s to beat each other’s out. No one dared to help, not even Jongin.

Tao attempted to throw another punch but Chanyeol dodge it. Before Tao could even register the dodge, Chanyeol shot him a strong punch that sent pain all over his body. The Chinese guy collapsed in the floor. Chanyeol followed Tao in the floor and threw another series of punches. Tao is clearly is losing.

The Korean guy is about to throw another punch when Baekhyun gripped his fist and started dragging him out in the café. Kyungsoo approached Tao to help.

 

~

 

 

“What the Chanyeol?” He angrily shouted at Chanyeol. They are now at the café’s parking lot.

“He’s the one who started it.” Chanyeol justified himself.

“But still you shouldn’t punch him back. What are you, an eighteen year old??? God!” Baekhyun face-palmed himself. He’s super angry right now. “Why do you keep showing up? Why can’t you leave me alone? What do you want huh? Chanyeol… Tell me what do you want?” He bombarded the tall guy with angry questions.

 

“You Baekhyun,” Chanyeol yelled back. “I want you!”

 

 

 


A/N: Update update update! OMG. I don’t know what to say about this chapter. *sighs* Sorry for cutting you out like that. Well, I’m already working on the next chapter so please wait for it. And yay for my new banner. ^_^

As always , I’m going to thank you for supporting this fic. This fic already reached a 1650 views and I’m really happy. Please don’t forget to upvote, subscribe and comment. Please wait for the next update.