Finale: Letting Go

Back For You

Even though startled with everything he saw earlier, Tao didn’t let his guard down. He needs to fight, he needs to do right thing. He picked up his phone and sends Baekhyun a message.

 

To: Baekhyun

From : Tao

Goodevening Baekhyunnie! I don’t know if I’m disturbing you right now but can you meet me tomorrow? At your favorite café, 12:30. Please?

 

Tao patiently waits for Baekhyun’s reply. He’s feeling mixed emotions, nervous even. But there’s only one way to settle everything straight.

After what it seems like an eternity, Tao finally received a reply from his boyfriend.

 

To: Tao

From: Baekhyun

Sure, I’ll meet you up tomorrow.

 

He smiled and immediately types another message— this time he send it to Kyungsoo.

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Tao

Hey Kyungsoo, can you help me with something?

 

 

 

`~~

The walk to the café was unnerving. Baekhyun doesn’t know why, but he’s feeling really uncomfortable. He’s not really sure of how to face Tao—although the latter seems to not know anything. Maybe this is what other people called… guilt conscience.

Thoughts quickly disappeared when he unconsciously arrived at his destination. He took a quick deep breath and enters. He head for their favorite spot, the spot where he and Tao first met.

Baekhyun impatiently waits for Tao to arrive. Every single seconds pass, he keeps feeling more and more uncomfortable. He looked over his bag and picked up his phone.

 

To: Tao

From: Baekhyun

Hey, I’m already here. Where are you?

 

 

Ten minutes had passed still got no reply. Baekhyun is already losing his confidence— the thing which he tried to have overnight. He was about to text Tao again when someone tapped him on his back. “Hey,” said a deep voice.

 

That voice. Baekhyun quickly turned around to get a good look on the person. He’s right. “Chanyeol? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to prepare for your flight?”

“Erhmm.” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Your boyfriend called me yesterday; he said you both wanted to see me. Didn’t you know?” He said as he sat opposite of Baekhyun.

“What is that guy thinking?” Baekhyun thought. “No, he didn’t mention anything.” He replied.

 

Neither dares to initiate a conversation after that. They’re both feeling awkward. Another five minutes, had passed but still no sign of the Chinese guy.

“Maybe we should just go home. I think Tao wouldn’t make it.” The shorter of the two suggested. He stands up and soon followed by Chanyeol. He sorts out his stuffs ready to leave when another voice came.

“You two… sit.” It was Kyungsoo together with Jongin. The couple ushered them into a new table, a table where four of them will fit. Baekhyun is completely puzzled now, so is Chanyeol.

“Kyungsoo, what’s happening? Did Tao called you too?” Baekhyun asked his best friend. Kyungsoo just nods. “I think he won’t come, he’s 20 minutes late already. He’s never late.” Baekhyun added.

“Of course he won’t come.” Jongin remarked. Kyungsoo elbowed his boyfriend. “Ouch.”

“What do you mean he won’t come?” Chanyeol asked this time.

“Well you see,” Kyungsoo began, “Tao met up with me yesterday and asked for my help…”

 

[YESTERDAY]

 

Kyungsoo was busy cooking dinner for him and Jongin when he received message. His boyfriend decided to sleep over at his apartment citing “I MISS YOU SO MUCH” as the reason. He quickly wipes his hands on his apron to see the message sender.

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Tao

Hey Kyungsoo, can you help me with something?

 

To: Tao

From: Kyungsoo

Of course, what’s the matter?

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Tao

I’ll come over at your apartment in 10 minutes.

 

To: Tao

From: From

Okay.

 

When Tao arrived at Kyungsoo’s place, the latter immediately sense that something is wrong. He made Tao sit on the couch as he gesture Jongin to get something for him to drink.

“What’s wrong Tao?” Kyungsoo asked in concern.

“I’m going back to China tomorrow morning.” Tao said.

“What?” Kyungsoo gasped. “Why? Did something happen? What about Baekhyun?”

Jongin came back with tea and hand it over to Tao. “Thanks.” He smiled at Jongin. He turned his attention to Kyungsoo once again. “Many things happened but I won’t elaborate it further. I just wanted you to give this to Baekhyun tomorrow. Meet him up at the café, 12:30.” He handed a sealed letter to Kyungsoo.

“I don’t understand.” Kyungsoo said. He’s totally confused.

“Trust me Kyung, this all for the better.” Tao smiled said reassuringly. “I need to go now. Can your boyfriend walk me out?” Jongin is now confused also. Kyungsoo nods as he motions his boyfriend to walk the Chinese guy out. “Hope to see you again some other time.” Tao told Kyungsoo before heading towards the door.

 

 

Jongin and Tao was quite on the way to the latter’s car. They don’t really know each other that well. They were nearing Tao’s car when he finally speak. “Do you have Chanyeol’s number?”

Jongin eyed the Chinese guy but reached out to his pocket nonetheless. “Here.” He handed him his phone. Tao copied the phone number and mumbled simple thanks.

“I know you have questions but you’ll know soon enough.” Tao patted Jongin on the shoulders. “Thanks for walking me out. Take care of Kyungoo.”

“No problem.” Jongin smiled. “And don’t worry; I’ll take care of him.”

 

Tao went inside his car and with one last wave at Jongin, he drove off.

 

 

 

[]

“… I don’t know what’s wrong between you two, but he told me to give you this.” Kyungsoo handed the letter to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun accepts it. He quickly unsealed it and scanned the content. It didn’t take long when tears started to roll down his cheeks. The other three is completely bewildered.

“What’d he say?” Kyungsoo asked.

“He… he… he’s gone.” Baekhyun cried loud enough to gain some curious eye from other customers. “That guy… tsk.” He covered his face as he handed the letter to the person beside him. “Read it.”

When Chanyeol finished reading the letter, he too became speechless. Kyungsoo didn’t want to miss out anything and snatched the paper from Chanyeol. Together with Jongin, they silently read it. They both look up at the person crying in front of them as they finished reading the letter. No one spoke… all four of them don’t have the courage enough to make a conversation.

 

 

After a few more minutes, Chanyeol decided to man up and hugged the person beside him. “Shhh. It’s okay Baek, I’m here.” He cooed. 

Baekhyun hugged back. “Don’t leave me too. Okay?” He said still crying.

Chanyeol smiled. “Nope, never again Bacon. I’ll always be here for you. I Promise” He said kissing Baekhyun’s forehead.

 

 

 


A/N; Don't look at me like that. O__O Head to the epilogue. ><