Chapter 5....

This Winter....

SHADOW'S POV:

 

(Shadow)

 

As soon as H told the members to ask me why she became who she's become, I froze. I've always prepared for this day to come, but I never thought it'd be now. How do I explain it to them while making sense. 

 

"So, unnie, what are you waiting for? Explain!" Angel demanded 

"Yeah, go ahead and explain." Demon stated. 

"What are you keeping away from us?" Wings questioned. 

 

I walked back and forth trying to make it make sense, but it just wouldn't make any kind of sense at all. We're all bad guys here and none of us are as innocent as we look, but... For once, I don't want to say anything. I'm the leader of this group, and we've gotten this far because of it. I just.. This is eating at me. 

 

"We're living human ghosts, correct?" I questioned them all. 

"Somewhat. I mean.. That term isn't anything new. We're living human beings that have managed to stay alive for this long in this kind of environment, avoiding the police, and not feeling things at times.. Sure, I guess you can call that a ghost." Angel replied. 

 

Their definition and my definition are completely different. Will they understand this? I sure hope they do. 

 

"I killed Haeri." I mumbled. 

"You did what!?" Angel asked with her jaw nearly dropping. 

"I killed Haeri when she was 10. It was a freak accident. I was supposed to kill someone else, but things went bad and Haeri was there at the wrong time. I took my shot and instead of killing the person I was out to get, I killed Haeri. I took her body and went to a sorcerer, she performed her own sorcery and such and Haeri was alive and living well, but... She'll never be her again. She's the way she is today because of me. I caused her to become a cold, emotionless person. In reality, she's still alive. In the spirit world, she's not there, and in our world, she's a living human ghost." 

"Who would've thought you'd be the biggest secret keeper ever." Demon stated. 

"You guys are some messed up human beings, I swear! I'm not even sure why I'm with you guys." Wings stated while looking confused. 

"You're something, aren't you." Angel mumbled. 

"So wait... You're telling us that Haeri's dead?" Wings asked. 

"Yeah. You guys probably won't understand it right now, but.... She's really dead. If she were to get shot right now, she'd get back up and defend herself. She does all the killing because she doesn't feel an ounce of guilt." I replied. 

"That's why Haeri's the way she is?" Demon stared at me. 

"Yeah." I mumbled. 

"Is that why she hates you?" Angel asked. 

"Yeah." I whispered. 

"I guess on the bright side, it's that Haeri can always take a bullet for us." Wings joked. 

"I'd take a bullet for her anyday." I whispered to myself. 

"Is Haeri coming back?" Angel asked. 

"She's always back, isn't she?" I bluntly asked. 

"Yeah." They all said in unison. 

"Hey guys." H said cheerfully. 

 

My eyes widened as soon as I saw H. She was covered in blood and I wasn't sure what she went to go and do. 

 

"Why are you covered in blood, H?" I asked. 

"Helped a lost soul." She answered. 

"What lost soul?" I raised my eyebrow. 

"Look, I didn't kill anyone, alright. Just help carried someone to the hospital. She was shot." She shrugged and went to sit on the couch. 

"Don't lie to me right now, H." 

"I'm not. Sheesh." 

"Go change. I don't want your parents to see you like that." I pulled her out of the couch. 

"Aish. I got it. Quit being so nosy, will you? I'd appreciate it a whole lot." She said annoyed and and walked to the bathroom to change. 

"I wish I could....... I know you would...... But, nothing changes the fact that I did this to you. I caused you to become a monster." I whispered to myself. 

 

After saying that that night, I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It was a secret only Haeri, the sorcerer, and myself knew, but now that the members knew, it was good. It felt good that they knew. I don't like what I've caused to Haeri and I never will, but what's been done has been done and I can't rewind anything. Haeri's heartless and emotionless because she's a ghost living in a human's body. Behind that body, there's nothing that a human being can see. Sometimes I wonder if her spirit ever leaves her body to just go out and explore the world. Out of the 365 days we have in the year, Haeri only becomes herself for 5 days. She doesn't hang out with us when it's one of those days, and I'm glad she doesn't because it's better if she spent them as if she really was alive. When she started dating that Woohyun guy all I wanted was for her to become a normal human being again, but nothing happened and nothing changed. She's never going to be a normal human being again and I'm the one to blame for that. She's become a cold blooded person who shows no mercy. I guess this explains why she does all the killing and horrendous deeds, while the rest of us do the other things. Blood stained hands is what we all have, and the only person who's proud of theirs is Haeri... The only member I worry and care so much about... The only member who hates me like there's no tomorrow... And, the only member who I'd love to have back... Back to being the Haeri she use to be. I took away her life, and she's here to take away others, because she can't take away mine. I just simply created a monster.. One who I can't get rid of, or kill, because she's already dead. She's a ghost living in a human's body.