Chapter 10....

This Winter....

HAERI'S POV:

 

"YAH!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I felt like jello after talking to Woohyun. I said before that he had no effect on me at all, but truth is, he has more than I can ever imagine. It's like........ When I talk to him, hear his voice, yet alone be with him, I melt like chocolate. It's of no use to push these feelings away but I have to. I have to do it in order to keep doing what I do. I'm an emotionless and cold heiress who kills people as a side job. I may be an heiress and I may have everything anyone would ever want except there's one thing missing, and believe it or not, but that one thing is that Namu guy. I dedicated 4 years of my life to him and to our relationship yet I received nothing in return. If I didn't feel a single thing for him, I would've left him on day 1... Only a stupid girl would fall for this guy, and I suppose I'm the stupid girl right now. As I sat down to have lunch with my parents, they stared at me unusually, which I could care less about. 

 

"Haeri, we want you to get married." My dad stated. 

 

"MARRIED!? You're kidding right, dad?" I scoffed in disbelief. 

 

"No, I'm being serious. Marry anyone you want or else it'll be an arranged marriage." 

 

"I don't have anyone I want to marry, and either way it'll be an arranged marriage, no matter what way we choose." I replied coldly. 

 

"What about that Woohyun guy?" My mom replied cheerfully. Her happiness irked me. 

 

"Don't know him."

 

"Oh come on! The heiress to Jung Co. is denying dating a guy named Woohyun!? You're kidding me, right Haeri!?" My mom mumbled. 

 

"He and I are from opposite worlds. We can't be with one another, as only disaster will strike. I'm not getting married and that's final." I stated firmly. 

 

"You may think I'm letting you go on this matter, but not this time Haeri. Not this time." My dad stared at me. 

 

"Never said I was getting away with anything. It's my life which means it's also my decision. I choose when I want to marry, who I want to marry, and lastly, where I'm going to get married. One thing's for sure, it's not here, it's not Woohyun, and it's not now." 

 

"You better start getting your attitude straightened out, otherwise I'll get it straightened out for you. You're going to follow through with this and there's not a single thing you can do." My dad replied coldly. 

 

"Dad, mom... You guys do realize that as a side job, I kill people, right? I think we all know what I'm capable of." I smirked. 

 

Knowing my dad, I wasn't expecting anything less. He was part of a gang way back in the day and my mom, well, she was somewhat in one too. I suppose you can say that being in a gang runs in our family. Although the difference between them and I, it's that they never killed as many people as I have, never embraced their blood stained hands, and lastly, they never became someone I've become. I'm a monster, and they're not, that's the difference between them and I. 

 

"We know. Afterall, you are the heiress to Jung Co, and it'd be foolish of me to not keep an eye on you, H." My dad stated and smirked at me. 

 

"Seems like you're doing your job well, dad. Even knowing my code name too, I see. Either one of my members is your spy, or... You just have your own spy spying on us.. Though, as of right now, I'd like to say that one of my members have become your little rat. Which one is it, dad?" I stared at him. 

 

"It's none of your concern. Don't you dare go killing your members over this. I deserve to know what in the world my daughter is doing when she's not at home. You're the heiress to my company and I'll be damned if something were to happen to you. Just... Stay out of trouble and get married." 

 

"You guys are awfully asking a lot from me. Getting married, is that what you guys want? If I do do so, I'm free to keep living my life, correct?" I eyed them. 

 

"You've always been free to life your life, Haeri. This is just something we ask of you, and we hope you'll follow through with it." My mom replied. 

 

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes. 

 

"JUNG HAERI! YOU BETTER GET THAT ATTITUDE OF YOURS FIXED SOON!" My dad yelled as he slammed his hands down on the table. 

 

"Mmmmm.. I'll try, dad. I'll try." I mumbled. 

 

"No! It's not a try, it's a MUST!" He said as he emphasized the last word. 

 

"Okay. I got it. I've got to figure out how I'm going to get it fixed. Plastic surgery, dad?" 

 

"Haeri, I'm not in the mode to play with you and your games. Plastic surgery won't help with you and your attitude. Love will. Soften up and stop being such a cold hearted devil. No one likes it, hell... Your mom goes to bed every night whining and crying about how much you've changed to the point where it's annoying. So please, just soften up and bit and be the Haeri everyone can get to know and love. We know you Haeri, and we're not sure what changed you, but you've become different after that Woohyun guy. I'm guessing it went both ways and you both broke each other's heart. Fix it together and live life together. That's all I can say to you, Haeri, because I hate seeing my princess like this. I absolutely hate it and I'd do anything to have you back, even if it means locking you in a room with that Woohyun guy." My dad shrugged. 

 

I sat there unsure of what to do next. Do I back talk and state my opinion on the matter, or do I just walk away from this matter? He was right to some sense. I did change a ton after breaking up with Woohyun, but I also did change a ton because of my sudden death... I'm not sure where I'm trying to get, but this is driving me insane. I have to get married to someone and anyone I want, yet I don't have anyone. Yeah, Woohyun's still an option, as he always is, but... I don't want to marry him. Sure, my heart wants and yearns for him, yet my mind is only focused on being the heiress and being "H".... I gave up my relationship that lasted 4.5 years a few months ago, and at that moment in time, I also gave up love. So you tell me, what exactly is love and how do I go about finding it again when I left it with one person? He's the one that makes me melt like chocolate and he's the one that takes over my emotions and everything about me. Is he what everyone would call love? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Whoo!!! Double update! Hopefully the story is making sense.. Ha.. I haven't gotten a chance to fully read the story, so do fogive me on that part and another thing to keep in mind is that I'm writing this story as I go, so I'm not sure when this story will end and where it'll go. I'll be leaving the "Hiatus" thing on the story, as I'm not sure when I'll update..... I'm writing when I do get a chance and when ideas do come to me...  (140202)