Chapter 31

My Player Best Friend

Woohyun was at school Monday, but saw you were missing. He wanted to tell you he loves you and everything that night was a misunderstanding.

He dreaded the entire day. He comtemplated many times whether he should go to your house and explain, but he knew Key would be home and he definitely would not hesitate to give him another beating.

He was about to climb up your window like he did last time, but he saw you, Key and Zico coming home. Your smile brighter than ever. You seemed happy....without him. Was he wrong about your heartbroken expression? Was he too drunk to remember? Why was he drunk after one shot of alcohol?

He wanted to know the answer immediately that he actually arrived at school early, which surprised many. He was the first one in homeroom, sitting on his usual seat, waiting for you.

He watched the clock slowly tick. Homeroom started already, but you were no where in sight. *Did she skip again? Why is she avoiding me?* Woohyun slumped in his seat. He felt miserable and time seemed to have passed by slowly. A day without felt like a year to him. His motivation and his entire life came crashing down. Nothing seem to be going his way anymore.

Infinite were starting to worry about their friend. His even lost interest in his fangirls.

During lunch hour, Woohyun sat as still as a statue. He refused food and said 'he lost his appetite' which the boys knew, how much he loved you. At the same time, they thought Woohyun was an idiot for messing things up.

You and Zico walked into the cafeteria together to buy food and head to the library later. He made a corny joke and you chuckled.

Woohyun perked up when he saw you come in the cafeteria, but his heart broke in half when he saw you laughing with Zico. *Why wasn't she in class?*

Woohyun got up from his seat, getting the attention of his friends. He was about to chase after you and explain everything, but a girl caught Woohyun's wrist.

"Oppa," She blinked up at him with her big, innocent bambi eyes. "I-I would like-" She held out a confession letter, but Woohyun interrupted her.

He pointed at your retreating figure with Zico's and asked why were you not in class and if you were late.

The girl tilted her head in confusion. "I heard she transfered to another class today." She squeaked, but on the inside she was squealing like a fangirl that the Nam Woohyun is making conversation with her.

*Why would she transfer to another class? Does she hate me that much?* Woohyun made a dash to the library, making the girl even more confused. She turned towards Infinite who just shrugged.

--------------------

Woohyun reached the library and saw you coming out to head to the bathroom.

He ran up to you and pushed you up against the wall. You eyes widened in surprise, but soon enough the pain from the weekend Woohyun gave you came flooding in.

You avoided eye contact with him. "What do you want, Woohyun?" You did not give him on of those sweet smiles.

Woohyun's eyebrows knit together. "I love you."

You looked at him, with surprise, but frowned.

"I love you. I love you with all my heart. I love you more than anything in the world. Without you, I was so miserable. I couldn't eat or sleep. Please, please come back in my life. I miss you." Woohyun sobbed.

You scoffed at him. "Good job, Nam Woohyun. You have such great talent in acting. You should really audition to become a star." You pushed him away, but he wouldn't bulge.

You felt him coming closer and closer. You looked into his eyes. They were filled with emptiness and sadness.

"I meant everything I said." He argued.

"Please, Woohyun. Leave me alone. You've hurt me enough. I've put up with your plyer ways because back then, I didn't know how I felt about you, but now, I know. I don't think I can handle it. I'm not as strong as I think." You were in the verge of crying and so was Woohyun.

"Please, give me one chance." He begged.

You looked away, meaning a no to his request.

"Woohyun, please. Let me go. It would be best for the both of us." You felt a tear trickle down you cheek, but wiped it away immediately.

Woohyun backed off and let you head to the rest room. You went inside th bathroom and made eye contact with the girl Woohyun was with that night, Jaekyung.

She was fixing her makeup and applying her lip gloss on. You ignored her and went into the bathroom stall. You refuse to come out until you heard the door shut.

You cried as hard as you can. *Stupid Nam Woohyun. I hate you. Why did you have to confess to me?*

--------------------

You cleaned yourself up and headed out the bathroom. You turned a corner and came face to face with Woohyun and Jaekyung liplocking again with Woohyun brushed up against the lockers.

*I thought he said he loved me. All those lies.* You started to cry a river, just looking at that sight. You wanted to walk another route so you turned back, but to hear a voice scream, "Get the off me."

You quickly remember it was Woohyun's. You hid and peeped your head to see what was happening.

You saw Woohyun shove Jaekyung away while Jaekyung looked annoyed.

"Nam Woohyun, since when did you play hard to get?" She crossed her arms and walked closer to Woohyun.

"None of your business."

"It's that girl again, isn't it?" She examined her nails. "I don't get it. She looks so plain and simple. She doesn't even have a curvy S-line. Why her? Why does she have to be the girl you always talk about, even when you're drunk." She complained and stomped her foot.

Woohyun did not respond.

You on the other hand, heard everything. *Woohyun talks about me when he's drunk?*

"Yah! Answer me?" She lightly hit Woohyun, but he flicked her hand away. "Don't touch me!" He hissed and started to walk away, but Jaekyung gave him a back hug.

"Woohyun-ah, please. Don't leave me. I love you. Please come to me instead." She begged shamelessly.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Look, Jaekyung. I love someone else, and I don't think I can never forget her."

Jaekyung was furious. No one ever rejected a pretty and perfect girl as her especially for a simple girl like you.

"What does she have that I don't?" She yelled.

"Everything. She has everything you don't. The sweet and caring personality and how she would never throw herself at me. Her nerdy self where she will choose reading a book over my prescence..." Woohyun went on with all the qualities you had, good or bad he thought you were perfect in every way.

From behind the wall, you were tearing up in happiness. You thought Woohyun's words were all empty lies. That's when you realize. Everytime Woohyun is with a girl, you were always around. Was he just trying to get your attention and make you jealous? *Pabo.* You thought.

All the undivided attention Woohyun always gave you. The aegyo and how comfortable he was around you. They were all clues. He was selfless when it came to you. You always made room for you. Whenever you asked him for a favor, he would get right to it without complaints. *How could I not have seen all this? Was I blinded by the way he treats other girls? Was I the reason he is a player? He's my best friend. I should know him better than anyone else, yet it seems as if I don't know him at all. He's spilling his feelings for me and I'm pushing him away.*

So many thoughts were running through your head. You did not know anything anymore, but you heard something that made you come back to your senses.

You just heard Woohyun yelling at Jaekyung and blinked in shock.

"If it wasn't for you, we probably would not have this misunderstanding. You..." He pointed at Jaekyung. "It's because of you, you drugged my drink and took advantage of me that night. You refuse to leave me alone until I drank a beverage you ordered. It's because of you, I lost the love of my life. She thinks I'm a liar and moved on to someone else."

Jaekyung clung onto Woohyun's arm. "Oppa, I'm sorry. I just.....I just wanted you so bad. You refuse to even glance at me. Please, don't leave." She begged with sincerity.

"Too late." He pushed her away and walked towards your direction. He turned the corner and saw you standing there with both hands around your mouth trying to hold in your sobs.

"I-I.." Woohyun stuttered seeing your tears dripping down your cheeks. It broke his heart.

All the misunderstandings were cleared. You automatically hugged Woohyun.

He was confused, but hugged you back. You hugged him as tight as you can. "Please, don't let me go." You said.

*I will never let you go.*

You released him and looked into your eyes. Woohyun wiped away your tears.

"I love you." You said. Those three words sent Woohyun soaring to heaven.

He leaned in a gave you a passionate kiss. *Finally, we can be together.*