Chapter 29

My Player Best Friend

You looked everywhere for Woohyun.

His house.

Infinite's hangout place.

Each member's house.

His favorite restaurant.

The park near his house, where the two of you would always go play when you were kids.

You even looked through a few basketball courts, where you figures Woohyun might be, playing ball, but no luck.

*Where is he?* You thought, and that's when the worst crossed your mind. *What if he's out on a date with Jaekyung sunbae? What if Zico was wrong this whole time? Will I be wasting my time?*

You decided to go home and wait until Monday to confess to Woohyun.

------------

You arrived home to an empty house. *Where's Key Oppa? Is today avoiding me day?* You pouted and decided to make some ramen to fulfill your empty stomach.

You sat down on the counter and ate by yourself. You felt a bit lonely so you decided to call up Zico.

He picked up on the second ring. "Hello?"

"Zico!"

"Oh hey, did you ever find Woohyun?" He asked.

You let out a heavy sigh. "No."

"Well, Key hyung is here in case you're wondering."

You chuckled. "I think Oppa is getting addicted to your club. He must be having a blast freestyling."

"Well, come on down to BBC and enjoy the fun. I don't want you to be all alone." You can tell Zico has that goofy grin on his face. "Arasso. I'll be there." You hung up and headed upstairs to go change.

------------

You were right, Zico did have a goofy grin on his face when he hung up.

"Yo~my brotha from another motha." Kyung popped up from behind and playfully smacked Zico's back. "Wadup wit yo goofy smile." He said in terrible English.

Zico laughed at Kyung's attempt to be American. "Stop, man. It's nothing. I just feel happy right now, okay?"

Kyung wiggled his eyebrows. "So it must be a girl, eh?" He winked.

"Pshh. N-no." Zico stuttered.

"Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say when they're in love." Kyung patted Zico's back out of sympathy.  "Love comes with many burdens. That's why I fly solo." He fixed his collar and walked towards a lonely girl sitting at the bar table.

Zico shook his head. *This guy, why am I friends with him?* Zico walked towards the stage where he will begin tonight's freestyling competition.

He grabbed the mic and started a few raps himself then introducing the winner from last night to take on a challenge. From upstage, he spot Key and his friends down at a table, and waved at them.

After the first challenge, Zico spotted someone familiar. Woohyun. He was on the dance floor. Infinite was scattered in different ares of the club.

Quicklly, Zico shoved the microphone in P.O's hands and went outside to make a phone call to you.

Before he could do so, he saw a girl grinding on Woohyun and he had no intentions of stopping her.

Zico knew you would be heartbroken seeing the love of your life, with another girl. He made the choice to call you not to come to BBC tonight, instead he will come to you to hangout.

Just in time, you called Zico. He went to a quieter area where there is less music to answer the call.

"Zico, where are you?" You asked, completely oblivious to what was going on.

"Where are you? Don't come to BBC, it's uh....kind of crowded." He said.

"But I'm already outside. Plus, Key Oppa is in there, so don't worry."

Zico was panicking on the inside. He really did not want to see you hurt.

"I'm already in here. Where are you?" You screamed through the loud music. "Oh, I see Key Oppa and his old classmates." You waved at them. Key frowned. "What are you doing here? It's dangerous for a girl like you to be here at a club."

You pouted and pointed at your phone. "Zico is here." He heard you mumble to your brother.

Key rolled his eyes at you. *Rebel. She's hanging out with Nam Woohyun too much.* Key led you to his table.

"Are you with Key hyung?" Zico shouted.

"Yup." You replied

"I'll come look for you." Zico then hung up and walked towards Key's table.

You spotted Zico and waved at him. You got up from your seat and started to walked towards Zico. He sighed in relief when he saw you. He was glad you did not spot Woohyun yet.

Zico saw you walking towards him, but suddenly stopped. You stood there, frozen, feet planted firmly on the groud. Your legs felt numb and cannot move.

Zico noticed your sudden change in expression. Suddenly, you turned around and made a beeline towards the exit. Zico turned around to see what made you run away.

His eye widened ten sizes when he spotted Woohyun up against the wall, pressed closely with the same girl he was dancing with. Zico made a dash to chase after you.

Key saw you suddenly leave with a hurt expression. He spotted Zico chasing after you, but what made him angry was his eyes were fixed on the busy Woohyun.

You heard Zico call your name, but you were too preoccupied with what you just saw. You always knew Woohyun was a playboy and would switch girls like he switched clothing.

You saw who the girl was. It was Jaekyung. The girl who always seem to be around Woohyun, and the lipstick stain on his collar you always manage to see. Everything clicked.

You connected all your observations together and concluded. Nam Woohyun finally settled down, and is in love with Jaekyung, another girl that is not you.

*Was I too late? Did Woohyun only see me as just a friend? What about his confession from before? My first kiss? Maybe I was just another girl in his life he wanted to pursue then leave behind, but we have been friends so long. I finally realize my feelings for Woohyun and this comes into play? Is Woohyun only meant to be my player best friend and nothing more?* You had not realized you started to cry and sob out loud.

You felt someone tug your arm and pull you into an embrace. You recognized it was Zico's scent so you sobbed in his arms.

He patted your head and tried to comfort you the best as he can.

"Everything will be okay soon. I promise." He consoled, but you weren't so sure about that.