The Bloody Grantee (2)

The Brilliant High

 

“No, no eonni! Don’t open the book!” Victoria shouted in fear.

Sunny looked at her,

“You don’t believe the legend, do you?” she asked and Victoria shook her head,

“It’s not like that! But...but...”

Sunny shook her head too.

“If you say it like that, it means you believe the legend,” she said. Victoria’s eyes looked bigger, she kept shake her head. Taeyeon looked at her and said,

“She’s right, Sunny. It’s not like we believe what legend said but it’s just to prevent the bad thing,”

Sunny looked at her back then sighed,

“Ah, arasso...I’ll not open it. Huh, really you girls...”

Victoria nodded many times,

“Yes, yes! Put the book back!”

Sunny sighed once again and she put the book back to the drawer, but before she could do it, her finger touch something,

“Ouch!” and it started to bleed.

“What? What?” Taeyeon surprised. Sunny made a grimace,

“My finger touch something sharp. Look! It’s drawing pin! Ouch...How can...” she at her finger. She stopped her words when suddenly she saw something strange. Victoria ‘s face turned. It looked like she saw a ghost. Her face turned pale and she panted.

“Vic?” she asked worriedly.

Taeyeon shocked,

Omo...”

Victoria shouted. Taeyeon quickly reacted. She hugged Victoria to prevent her kept see something in front of her. Sunny, who finally realized what happened, fwell to the floor. Her face was really pale like a corpse.

“That...that...”

Something on the floor shocked them all. Sunny couldn’t take her eyes from that.

The book opened at page 27, showed some photo of old class 3-B.

One of the girl in the photo looked at them back from its portrait. She has no face. Someone wrecked her face until it couldn’t be recognize anymore.    

***

“Keep on the right track, hyung!”

“Don’t! Don’t do that! That’s suicide!”

“You’re too noisy, Key...” Kyu grumbling.

Key laughed,

“Because it’s fun!” he said the looked at the other person in the room,

“Let me try that too, Onew hyung!”

Onew, who watched them, laughed. Since that day, when Kyu and the other found out about him, Kyu and Key looked really curious of him. Onew said that he’s still in senior high school too (both of Kyu and Key didn’t believe it. They believed on the fact that he must be work in government institute, work as programmer). He laughed when they say it and assure them that he’s still a student. He just love programming, hacking and making game. When he said that he made games, Kyu’s curiosity evaporate. He didn’t care whether Onew is a worker or student.

“Hohoho...OK. Come here, look at this,” he said and Key walked to him quickly,

“Uwaaah! That’s more cool!” he looked really happy.

Kyu looked at them,

“You don’t show me that game!” he protested. Onew laughed once again.

“You don’t ask! Moreover, you like that game first, so I don’t show you this game,” he said and Kyu’s face turned sullen.

Suddenly, Kyu’s cell phone rang. He picked up it quickly,

“Oh, Taeyeon! Why?”

Key and Onew looked at him, confused.

“Really? Ah, OK! I’m on Onew house. Do you remember? Yes, with Key too. OK, I’ll be waiting,”

Kyu looked at Key and Onew.

“She has something interesting, guys. Perhaps you’ll interested too. Ah, no. I’m sure you’ll interested,” he smiled.

Ten minutes later, someone knocked the door. Onew opened it and saw Taeyeon and Victoria. They looked at Kyu.

“Kyu!” Taeyeon called him and Kyu smiled.

“Come in,” Onew said.

Taeyeon and Victoria sit near Kyu and Key. Onew came to them, offered orange juice.

“Thank you,” both of Taeyeon and Victoria answered slowly. Their faces looked tense.

“So, what’s happen?” Kyu asked.

Taeyeon looked at Victoria before she answered.

“You won’t laugh, will you?” Asked Taeyeon.

“Don’t laugh,” Added Victoria.

“We won,’t,” Kyu, Key and Onew promised. They raised their hands to show their promise.

Taeyeon sighed,

“OK. So, there’s a mystery in my school. An urban legend. The most popular urban legend in my school. There’s a mysterious book, really hideous book, student year book from year 1970. The legend said that there’a creepy picture of a girl that died at the end of 1970. If you saw that picture, you’ll get a really eerie feeling. So the librarian at that time hid the book. No one ever found that book, since...since a couple days ago,” she suddenly stopped.

Kyu held his breath,

“And then...did someone finally found the book?” he asked and Taeyeon nodded. Key held his breath too.

“Yes. Someone from the other class. She...she found the book. In the hidden drawer in the library, behind the books,”

“And...and she saw the picture?” asked Key. Both of Taeyeon and Victoria shook her head,

“No. The other student in the library realized what that book is and then the headmaster took that book,” Victoria answered and Key exhale his breath.

“But..but we saw it...” Victoria added, her voice trembled. Both of Kyu and Kyu surprised while Onew was the one who held his breath now.

“My classmate, Vic and I went to the headmaster room. We found the book there. My classmate wanna put back the book but she suddenly hurt her hand and...and that book fell. The book opened and we...we saw that picture...” Taeyeon continued.

Kyu, Key and Onew shouted,

“Uwaah!” they looked really surprised and frightened.

Taeyeon’s voice now trembled too when she added,

“That...that picture. I...I took the picture with my camera. Wanna see?” she offered her cell phone.

Kyu and Key gulped while Onew looked at her,

“Is it...safe?” he asked worriedly and Taeyeon looked impose herself to nodded,

“Yes. But I warn you, it’s really surprising,” she said.

Onew gulped. Kyu’s trembled hand took her phone and opened it. Key and Onew took a peep from his back. 

“Slowly...slowly, hyung...” Key whispered from Kyu’s back.

“Really slowly, please...” Onew added.

Kyu looked at them,

“Don’t makes me nervous! You two just really noisy!” Kyu irritated.

When he finally opened the phone, Key and Onew held their breath.

And they saw it. They saw that picture. Key quickly unconscious, he fell to the floor behind him, too shocked. Onew’s face turned really pale. Kyu, surprisingly, didn;t show any reaction. His forehead frown instead. Taeyeon and Victoria confused,

“What, Kyu?” Taeyeon asked.

Kyu still looked at the picture,

“This is really cruel. Wrecked the picture like this...It’s so cruel,”

***

“Seo Joohyun?” Taeyeon and Victoria surprised. Kyu nodded,

“Look at her identity,” he showed the picture. Taeyeon and Victoria tried hard to not see the picture but see the identity of the picture.

“You’re right. Seo Joohyun,” Taeyeon nodded.

“You said that she dead at the end of 1970? Is she...killed?” Kyu asked. Taeyeon nodded,

“The legend didn’t say anything about it. I, personally, believe that she’s being murdered,”

Kyu nodded. Victoria added,

“We already asked Amber, to search the information. We just found that she’s a smart student. Really smart. She got a scholarship to Harvard. When she died, it’s really a big lost. Every students and teachers came to her funeral. The local newspaper put her funeral on their headline,”

Key, who finally conscious, sighed,

“Really sad, huh?” he said and Victoria nodded,

“Yes...”

Onew stood up. Everyone looked at him,

“I’ll search the news too. I think it’s a big news, so it must be famous,” he said.

But five minutes later, he looked dissapointed.

“You’re right. I got the same information too. Plus that her death still a mystery,”

“Mystery?” Kyu asked and red the article in the website. Onew nodded,

“Joohyun’s brother believed on the fact that her sister killed by someone. Everyone was ignore him at that time. Joohyun’s bestfriend founded her body on the ground, beside the high school bulding, so everyone believe that she must committed suicide. Joohyun’s brother didn’t believe it. He said that Joohyun was really happy before her death. Happy because she finally could entered Harvard, her dream for a long time ago. There’s no way she’ll choose suicide,” he added.

Everyone quiet. Taeyeon and Victoria sighed. Key shook his head and said “how pity,” many times. Onew still red the article until he suddenly shouted,

Omona! I almost forget!”

Everyone surprised,

“What? What?!”

Onew smiled widely,

“I can ask Mr. Park!”

No one reacted.

“Huh? Mr. Park?” Key looked confused. Onew nodded many times.

“Mm! He’s a police in the police force! He must ever heard about the news!” he quickly took his cell phone. His face was really bright and he looked really happy.

“Huh? Police? How do you...” Kyu asked but Onew stopped him,

“I know him because I ever hacked their site. I mean, the police force. They didn’t catch me, because I said that their protection is really weak. I changed the protection and they thanked to me. Mr. Park is the head police. He said he’ll help me if I need him,” he smiled and added,” and I need him now,”

Kyu, Key, Taeyeon and Victoria smiled widely.

“Good job, Onew!” Taeyeon looked amazed. Onew’s smile wider.

“Thank you...And now, I must call him first,” he said and for ten minutes, he’s busy with his call. Everyone waited.

Onew finally finished. He looked at them,

“Perfect. He’ll send me the information,” he said and everyone yelled.

“Good job!!! That’s good!” Kyu looked really happy and patted his back. Seemingly he patted Onew too hard, because Onew surprised and quickly dropped his cell phone.

“Er...sorry,” Kyu’s face grimace

***