The Woman in the Green Coat

The Brilliant High

Yeorobun! I hope you're not tired with ghost story, kekeke...I'll bring you new story. Urban legend...again :D 

 

“Taeyeonie, Taeyeonie!”

Taeyeon sat on her seat and looked at someone who called her. Sunny ran to her with really bright face.

“Hey, hey! Look! Did you hear the latest news? A teacher killed his student! From Seoul Centre!” she took a newspaper from her bag. Taeyeon shook her head,

“Ah, ckck…I think you’ll bring new gossip like usual. I already knew about the news,” she said.

Sunny shook her head,

“I thought it’ll be an unrevealed case. A student is missing for two years, everyone thought he already died. I think Seoul Centre will have their urban legend just like us,”

“Hey, hey…urban legend?” Taeyeon smiled. Sunny nodded quickly,

“Yes! We have an urban legend about missing people too, right? We have an urban legend about the missing teacher, Lee seonsaengnim, who has been missing since 32 years ago,”

Taeyeon shook her head once again. She knew that creepy urban legend. Lee seonsaengnim last seen before the school closed. She still worked in the office and said she’ll finish his work first. But until then, no one see her again for 32 years, until now.

“I believe that there’s a rational explanation about her missing,” Taeyeon said. Sunny surprised,

“What rational explanation?”

Taeyeon shrugged,

“Every event has its rational explanation. So perhaps Lee seonsaengnim just tired with her job, and she quit without tell anyone. Or perhaps…someone killed her, just like Seoul Centre’s student,”

Sunny shook her head,

“That’s a terrible and creepy explanation, Tae,”

Taeyeon pouted at her,

“So, what’s your idea about her missing?”

Sunny smiled,

“I also don’t know. But perhaps after she finished her work, she walked on the stair and slipped then her body…” she said while made scary expression.

Taeyeon quickly stopped her,

“Eeeh! That’s more creepy explanation!” she protested while Sunny just laughed.

***

“The Brilliant High?” everyone surprised.

“Mmm. The Brilliant High, Detective School Club,” Kyu nodded.

“Why?” Onew asked. Kyu smiled

“I got it from Kai. He said that we’e brilliant. He defeated by high school guy like him,”

“Aaah…” everyone nodded.

“The Brilliant High…It sounds so nice in my mouth!” Amber smiled widely.

“It’s a good name,” Taeyeon shrugged.

“Cool!” Onew’s thumbs up. Key nodded and smiled widely too. Sungmin clapped happily,

“Cool! It’ll be good if we proclaim as “We’re The Brilliant High!” It’s good!”

 Kyu laughed,

“Good, isn’t it?”

“Hey, wait!” Onew suddenly said and everyone confused.

“Huh, what?” Kyu looked at him. Onew didn’t answer. For ten minutes he’s busy did something with his notebook.  Everyone gathered near him. Finally…

“Our logo*!” he yelled and everyone surprised.

“Logo?” Victoria confused.

“Yes, yes!” Onew’s face was really bright.

“Then…what bird is this?” Kyu pointed at the bird picture in the center of the logo.

“Blue Jay bird. Smart.  They are symbols of determination and intelligence,”

Everyone surprised once again.

“C…cool…” Amber’s mouth opened.

“Brilliant…” Key shook his head, amazed.

“We can make it into pin too…” Onew continued.

“Uwaaah…And we can wear it!” Sungmin clapped enthusiastically.

“We can have a meeting just like usual, in the café,” Sungmin added and eceryone agreed.

“That’s our special place,” Taeyeon smiled.

Everyone smiled too. They already made their club name and their logo.

***

Taeyeon smiled happily while walked into the class. She wore her new pin on his uniform. Kyu brought Onew’s design and made it into pin. She looked at her pin with really happy heart.

“So cool…” she touched her pin many times and smiled widely.

 When she already reached her seat, Sunny already waited for her, with really bright smile.

“What?” Taeyeon looked suspicious. Sunny just shook her head while still smiled.

“New gossip?” Taeyeon said once again and Sunny shook her head once again.

“So, what?” Taeyeon more confused.

Sunny smiled widely,

“You said that every event has its rational explanation, right?” she said and Taeyeon knit his forehead,

“Oh, yes,”

Sunny, still smiled, continued,

“So, how do you explain our city urban legend, the woman in the green coat?”

***


“The woman in the green coat?” Amber asked.

“Ah…that legend…” Key nodded.

“The woman in the green coat. A creepy urban legend from our city. A woman dressed a green coat, who’ll appear every 15th of March. She’ll appear in an empty park not far from here,” Onew said and Amber nodded.

“Ah, that legend? I think it’s just rumour. I never watch it with my own eyes,” she said. 

Sungmin drank his coffee then say,

“Then, it’s true? The legend?”

Kyu shrugged,

“There’re so many people who watch her appearance,”

“What she like?” Amber asked.

“She always turned her body so no one ever see her face. She’ll stand near the trees. She has long black hair. She’ll wear a long green coat. She’ll stand for one minute the…she’ll disappear,” Onew explained.

“Since when that woman appeared?” Taeyeon looked at Onew.

“Perhaps…five years ago? I don’t remember. We can find the information if you want to know, Noona.” he offered and Taeyeon nodded.

“Yes. It’ll be interesting,”

Kyu looked at her,

“Why do you want to know about her?” he asked. Taeyeon’s face turned sullen suddenly.

“Sunny. My classmate. I said that every event has its rational explanation and she told me about this legend. She’s sure that I can find rational explanation about this,”

Kyu shook his head,

“Ah, jinjja, Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon pouted at him,

“What, what? This is weird! I don’t believe in ghost! I believe in rational explanation!”  

Kyu shook his head once again,

“So, if you face a ghost story, what’ll you think?”

“It’s…it’s…” Taeyeon confused and Kyu laughed,

“Nah, gyahahaha! You can’t answer it, right?”

Taeyeon’s face turned red,

Ya, fatty! How can I answer such a question like that?”

Kyu’s face turned red too immediately,

“I’m not fatty! You’re fatty!”

Everyone shook their head heard Kyu and Taeyeon’s fight.

“Ah, they do it again…” Victoria sighed.

“Hey, hey, stop it, hyung, noona! I already found the article about the woman in the green coat!” Onew suddenly shouted.

Kyu and Taeyeon stopped fight. They quickly looked at Onew. Everyone looked at him too.

“Really?” they said and Onew nodded.

“Yes! It started after a woman named Jessica Jung died!”

***

PS: You can see the logo from this fanfic's background^^