The Woman in the Green Coat

The Brilliant High


"Huh? Who? Jessica...Jung?" Victoria asked and Onew nodded.
"Read this," he pointed at his notebook.
It happened seven years ago. Jessica Jung, 26, was a model at a really famous model house. She's pretty and has a lot of friends. She loved pretty stuffs and her most favorite cloth is coat. Everyone knew her habit. She'll wear coat before go hang out with her friends. One day, she went to a park andナat the next morning, people found her body near the bushes. Someone stabbed her and she died because she lost so many bloods. The police thought that the murderer is someone who likes to attack beautiful girl. So, the murderer is a maniac. There's no clue behind her death and until now, the case is still unrevealed. Since her death, there's so many people said that they saw her at the park, wore her coat. It needs two years until everyone realized the pattern nehind her appearance. She only appears on the day she died, on March 15.
"Cre...creepy..." Amber gulped. Victoria shocked and Taeyepon closed with her palm. 
"Soナthe ghost in the park is Jessica?" Sungmin asked and Taeyeon shook her head at the moment Onew ready to answer
"No! There's no ghost! It must be a prank!" 
Kyu closed his eyes,
"Aigoo...Hey, hey Taeyeon! Listen, I also believe in rational explanation. But sometimes, there's an event called mysterious phenomenon. See? Mysterious phenomenon! Unexplained event!" 
Taeyeon stared at him,
"Oh yeah? But it's strange! A ghost? Perhaps it has rational ending just like the case before! Kai dressed as Taemin and scared people!"
Kyu stared at her back, ready to fight. Everyone shook their head once again and Victoria quickly said,
"Uh...um...talking about Kai...how about him now?" 
Kyu looked at him with sullen face,
"He comes home with Chanyeol. Chanyeol now will come home with him and accompany him,"
Onew and Amber smiled widely,
"That's good! That poor boy..." they said together. 
Victoria smiled too,
"Yeah. He'll need Chanyeol," she said and nodded.
"Hey, our discussion still not over!" Taeyeon said once again with high tone and Kyu quickly turned his head to her.
"Oh yeah? So, what..."
Onew quickly stood up,
"I'll buy drink again," he said and Key followed him,
"Me too. Let's go," and he dragged Onew immediately.
They stood behind the counter while sighed,
"Can they stop fighting? Everytime they do that, my head become dizzy immediately," Onew said and Key nodded,
"Yeah yeah, they're too similar. It'll be difficult to make them respect at each other,"
Onew looked at the counter and said,
"Um...I'll order milk tea and...Oh, Krystal!" he surprised. Key surprised too.
"Huh, Krystal? Oh...Baekhyun! And D.O!" 
Three people appeared from inside the kitchen. There's one girl and two boys. The girl smiled at Onew. She's pretty and has sweet smile. Her blue eyes looked smile too at Onew. 
"Oh, Onew oppa!" she looked surprised.
Baekhyun and D.O smiled to Key,
"Ah, hyung!"
Key smiled,
"So, you work here?" he asked and both of Baekhyun and D.O nodded,
"Yeah, just part time. Until night so I can do my homework," Baekhyun answered.
"The only difficulty is this caf← is near the school. But it's doesn't matter, everyone are really nice to us now. The princess and her friends not bothering us anymore," D.O added.
Onew looked at Krystal,
"So, you work here?" he asked and Krystal nodded.
"Mmm. I must save money for college. As the only daughter, I must prepare my future too," 
Onew smiled,
"That's really good,"
When Onew and Key back to their table, everyone looked at them,
"Your friend?" Kyu looked at Onew.  Onew nodded,
"My hoobae," 
Amber looked happy when she saw Baekhyun and D.O.
"They look different now. Cool and happier," 
Key nodded, 
"Good for them. Suho also has part time job too, but at the book store," he answered and put some snacks on the table,
"Look, they gave us extra snack!" he said and everyone clapped.
"Omomo! Let's eat!" Taeyeon yelled, already forgot she's in a fight with Kyu and took some fish chips. Kyu looked at her,
"Yeah, keep eat. You'll be a fatty thenナ" he whispered and luckily, Taeyeon didn't hear him.
***
Kyu looked at the calendar with Taeyeon who kept bother him,
"Let's see her, let's see her, Kyu!" she said and made Kyu annoyed.
"See what?" he asked with sullen face.
"See the woman in the green coat, of course!" Taeyeon looked enthusiastic.
For the last one hour, Taeyeon was busy to persuade Kyu to see the woman in the legend. Tomorrow is the day when the rumour said that woman will appear. She said she won't be satisfied if she didn't reveal the legend by herself. She'll show Sunny that it's nothing more than a prank or hallucination.
 "So, this is what happens. People scared of Jessica's death, so they starting to have hallucination that her "ghost" appeared in the park," she explained and Kyu shook his head.
"Hallucination? That's your opinion? Taeyeon, that legend live for over than five years! How can you explain why there's so many people saw her appearance?"
Taeyeon stomped with red face,
"There must be a rational explanation! Now, let's reveal the truth, Kyu!" 
"Taeyeon! It's just a legend, a ghost story! It's a part of this city! It's not even a case!" Kyu refused. Taeyeon's request is unrational. 
Taeyeon stamped again,
"No! It's a case!"
Kyu sighed,
"Aigoo...creepy woman... Next time perhaps she'll drag me to reveal the truth of Yeti or Bigfoot."  
Not all the members agreed too. Amber and Onew looked enthusiastic, while Victoria looked scared. Both of Key and Sungmin looked hesitant just like Kyu.
"It's not even a case, it's just a legend!" Key said and Kyu nodded,
"Ha! See...that woman is unrational..." 
Sungmin sighed,
"It'll be odd. In Taemin's case, we believed that his appearance really not a ghost. Furthermore, he appeared at the same time when the new students came. But...this? It's been a legend since more than five years ago!" 
Kyu nodded,
"Nah, nah, see? That woman..."
They finally reach the park. The legend said that she only appear at night, at 11 pm, again on the same time the police approximating the time she died.
Victoria walked with Amber behind Kyu and Taeyeon. She looked at her and said,
"Amber, what do you think?" 
Amber shrugged,
"It's just a legend. It's not real. But...if it just a legend, how can we explain why there's so many people saw that woman's appearance?"
Victoria nodded,
"Yes. It's the most confusing part. A legend was not created if there's no a real event, right?" 
Key walked with Onew and Sungmin. Key and Sungmin looked apathetic,
"It's ridiculous! Try to reveal an urban legend? Ah, ckckck..." Key grumbled. Onew nodded,
"Yeah, yeah. But...is really that woman will appear again tonight?" Onew asked, suddenly felt hesitant. Sungmin looked at him,
"Don't say that you believe the legend!"
They walked together until they arrived at the park. The air was cold. Victoria and Amber feel suddenly frightened. Key and Sungmin yawned while Onew gulped. Kyu still looked uninterested. Only Taeyeon who still kept an eye, looked around the park.
"Almost 10 pm. Five minutes again," she said and Victora looked worried.
"We better come home, eonni..." she begged with trembling voice. 
"No," Taeyeon answered quickly. 
"H...hyung...It's useless..." Key said while yawned once again. He looked bored.
Kyu sighed and looked at Taeyeon.
"Taeyeon! Let's just come home now! It's so strange!" he said and Taeyeon shook her head.
"No," She answered quickly once again.
Kyu grumbled and looked around. There're some couple who sat near them and Kyu's face suddenly became red. 
"There're so many couple, embarrassing," he said and Taeyeon replied,
"Ignore them. We're here to reveal a case," she said and Kyu mumbling,
"Your case," 
Kyu turned his head and looked at the couples. He shook his head,
"That man is really not suit for her, how pity, ckck..." 
Then suddenly his face turned pale. 
"Tae...Taeyeon..."
Taeyeon turned her head,
"What?"
Key and Sungmin walked to Kyu and Taeyeon,
"Hyung, noona? Let's go home. This is useless..." they said. Both of Kyu and Taeyeon didn't answer.
Victoria and Amber looked at Onew,
"Oppa? Let's finish this. It's so silly," Victoria said and Amber nodded,
"Yes. It's not even real," she added. Onew shrugged.
"Then let's ask the other to go home now. I must finish my new software too," he said. They walked to the other members and...surprised. All of them frozed. When they realized what make them like that, they suddenly frozed too.
That woman still looked at them with her cold eyes. Her died eyes. Her face was so pale. Her green coat waved in the night wind. 
Taeyeon screamed. 

***