Can We Meet in the Darkness? (4)

The Brilliant High

 

Yuri’s face turned sullen. She held his phone while grumbled.

“He promised to protect me!”

She didn’t come home with his boyfriend. Moreover, actually she didn’t consider him as his boyfriend. She just like to go out with the other ulzzang boy in her school. Actually his boyfriend said that he has a plan.

“Come on! I’ll be fun! Suho will cry as usual, it’s really fun!” he said at that time.

Yuri thought that bullied Suho and his friends is not fun anymore. She started to get bored. But Suho and his friends are really the bottom three in their school. It means, they became victim of bullying  the most. Tiffany thought that it’ll good if she could find new victim too.

Yuri looked at her phone once again. Tiffany didn’t want to accompany her after school. She said her father will pick her up. She’s really scared to come home alone.

“That princess. Really act independently,” she looked mad.

Actually when Sungmin came to her yesterday, she was really surprised and happy. Sungmin are one of the ulzzang that not fall for her charm. He’s really difficult, just like Kyu and Key. But she actually didn’t really care about Kyu. Kyu is really quiet and she thought he’s boring. Smart, handsome, but boring. Sungmin is different. He’s handsome, smart, and attractive. About Key, he’s too young. Still on the  2nd grade.

“He’s lying,” Yuri grumbled again. She already called Sungmin many times, but Sungmin didn’t pick her phone.

So, although she’s really scared, she walked home alone. She walked along the empty and dark street. Her home is not far. Just two alleys from school. She walked faster, while looked around with trembling hands.

Just one alley again so she walked in hurry again. The alley was so dark and empty, although it still 7 pm.

Just a little more...She said in heart in scare.

Suddenly she saw a long shadow in front of her. Then that man appeared. He’s tall, wore black jacket with veil, and surgery masker.

She shocked. Her eyes suddenly fell to that man’s shoe. Bleedy shoe. For a moment she remembers that she ever saw that shoes, but she couldn’t remember when. That shoe is familiar.

That man stared at her behind his glasses.

***

 There’s a big stir in the school. Everyone finally knew that Yuri meet the mysterious stalker too. They talked about it all day long.

Kyu, Key, and Sungmin saw Yuri from far. She looked pale. Really pale. There’s no bossy act like usual. She even forgot to bully the kids. She only walked faster along the corridor, without paid attention at D.O, Suho, Baekhyun and the other kids that she liked to bully.

“Creepy,” Key said. He followed Yuri’s step with his sharp eyes. Kyu nodded.

“Mm,”

“It’s bad. Now only Tiffany that left. And if that man really attack ulzzang, perhaps we...” Sungmin looked at Kyu and Key. Both of them looked at him.

“No.” Kyu said.

“No.” Key said too.

Sungmin surprised.

“B...but...Why?”

They looked at him,

“Because we already know who did it,”

***

Tiffany’s face was looked like a corpse. Her hands trembling a lot. She stood near the school gate, but her father’s car didn’t show up.

“Where...where? Where’s he?”Even her voice was trembling.

“Oh God, jebal...” he added.

It’s already 6 pm. Suddenly her phone rang.

“Just wait there. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Her father texted her.

10 minutes? That’s too long! Tiffany finally walked until the big street and wait for the taxi. But no taxi show up too.

“Geez!” she looked both of mad and scared.

Every voice now makes her surprised. Just a little moving from the people near her makes her surprised too.

She decided too walked slowly. She tried to join the other people on the street to walk. At least, she felt safe like that.

But that man followed her too with the other people. And when she separated from the other people, that man still followed him. But she still didn’t realize it.

Her phone rang again.

“Where’re you? I stood in front of your school gate and you aren’t there!” from his father message, he looked angry.

Tiffany ignored it. She must reach her home quickly. She walked faster and faster. But that man was faster than her. Much faster than her.

So when Tiffany finally realized his presence, it was too late.

That man walked slowly to her. Tiffany felt her body was freeze. She couldn’t move although just little. That man seemed closer and closer and she still couldn’t move.

Until suddenly, there’s a voice and two men came from the darkness.

“Run, Tiffany, run!”

And Tiffany didn’t think twice. She quickly ran without even thinking who her savior is.

***

“Stop it,”

“Stop it now...Baekhyun,”

Kyu and Key held that man’s hand. Kyu pulled that man’s veil.

“It’s over now,” Key said.

That mysterious stalker and attacker took off his masker slowly. And when Kyu and Key looked at his expression, Byun Baekhyun didn’t show any of it. It looked flat and his eyes was really cold.

“I know your reason, so stop it know,” Kyu said to him.

Baekhyun still didn’t react.

“You wanna get revenge to them all. You scared the girls, you attacked the boys. You don’t wanna hurt them, just wanna them to feel scared,” Kyu continued.

Baekhyun looked at him coldly,

“They deserve for it. Really deserve. They just like a devil,” he said in flat tone.

“They think my friends and I are weak. I know that Suho is a crying boy and D.O never hit them back if they hit him. Only me that always protect them. Only me that wanna take revenge,” he continued.

“The clues for this case is that you attacked the ulzzang. But not just an ulzzang. It’s just an ulzzang that always bullying the kids. That’s the first point. And...you forget your shoes. It’ll be better if you don’t wear it at school. If you do that, the suspect will be more than one. You, D.O, Suho, and the other bullying victims.”

“I just have one shoe,” Baekhyun said coldly and Key surprised.

“There’s no one that pay attention at me so I think I’ll be safe, no one will accuse me. That evil boys hurt my toes,” he continued.  

Suddenly there’s a voice from behind and Taeyeon, Victoria, Amber, Sulli and Onew came. They got Kyu and Key’s message that they already knew the stalker and the attacker.

“We got your message.” Taeyeon said while panted. She looked at Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun!” she surprised. Baekhyun looked at her, looked a little surprised.

“You still remember my name,” he said and Taeyeon nodded.

“My memory is pretty good. Oh God, Baekhyun!” she still surprised.

“He...” Key almost said but Victoria quickly stopped him.

“I know the reason. At the first time, I think D.O that did it. He maybe looked weak, but if his hatred getting bad, I think he’ll does something like this,”

Baekhyun looked at her.

“D.O won’t do this. He has soft heart. You already knew that he received their hit without hit them back,”

Victoria looked at him, surprised.

 “We’ll keep your secret. We won’t reveal this,” Amber said and Baekhyun surprised. Taeyeon nodded

Noona....” Baekhyun said slowly.

“D.O and Suho won’t be glad if he knows this. But I appreciate how much you love your friends,” Onew added.

Key looked at Baekhyun, he touched his chin,

“You know? You’re handsome. Let me dress you up. Bring D.O and Suho with you tomorrow,”

Baekhyun surprised. He looked at Key without blinking.

Taeyeon and Victoria smiled widely,

That’s really a good idea, Key!” the looked really happy.

***

That morning...

School is really like a noisy market. Every student rubbed their eyes, felt shocked.

“OH!!” one of the girl shocked.

Aigoo, aigoo...” the other girl’s mouth opened widely.

Key alreay stopped his car and now he walked to the school with...

Baekhyun was so...there is no other word than handsome. Key must put more effort with him,

“Ckck, don’t you know about contact lens?”

Baekhyun nodded,

“Yes, but I ever saw my friend’s eyes became red after use that. So I’m a little scared of that thing, kekeke,”

 Key closed his eyes, felt burdened,

Aigoo aigoo...”

Key changed Baekhyun’s hairstyle too. And gave him some advice about clothes. Kyu even gave him a new shoe. Baekhyun almost reject it, but Kyu said it’s a gift.

Some girls pointed at the boys next to Baekhyun.

“Is that...is that...” but she didn’t finish her words.

D.O was really cool too. Key said that he’s cute, that’s his plus point. Onew gave some suggestion about how to look confidence and strong so no one will bully him anymore.

Suho walked near Key and some boys looked like they hit hardly.

“Cool...” they said many times.

Suho tried to hold his smile. Key said that he has manly side behind his crying-boy character. Key must made Suho throw his silly bag. 

“Ah, this baby-looks bag! Why you keep this?”

“It’s cute!” Suho said smoothly and made Key almost vomit. Key helped Suho to choose new bag. Onew gave him suggestion too that he must not looked weak anymore.

Baekhyun, D.O and Suho now really looked handsome and confidence in their new looks. Kyu and his friends looked satistifed. They didn’t see Tiffany and her friends. They just saw their boyfriend, who looked annoyed with Baekhyun and his friends’ change.

“I think they became too scared to come,” Key said and Kyu nodded. 

***

Sungmin joined with them at the cafe, after school. He looked at them all, one by one.

“What?” Kyu confused.

Sungmin smiled.

“You’re just like a detective, don’t you know that?”

Everyone surprised.

“Kyu is good at analysis.” Sungmin said.

“Taeyeon good at analysis too. I’ll tell you about the case in her school,” Kyu stopped him. Taeyeon looked at him with bright face.

“Really?” she asked and Kyu nodded.

“You’re careful. You found the clue behind Joohyun’s last message,”

“Key has sharp eyes. He found the clue about Baekhyun’s shoe,” Kyu added. That’s right. Kyu was the one who found the similarity about Baekhyun who just attacked ulzzang who did bullying and Key who watched Baekhyun’s shoe at school, on the day when Yuri being stalked. Key looked at Baekhyun’s shoe when he walked in the corridor.

“Onew and Amber is our data base,” Kyu continued and both of Amber and Onew surprised.

“And  Victoria good at asking information, especially from man,” Sungmin smiled.

Everyone surprised once again, except Victoria. She didn’t like the words “asking information, especially from man”.

“So,you’re so talented! All of you. Kyu and Taeyeon at analysis, Key who is a good observer, Onew and Amber who are your data base. And Victoria...” Sungmin added but Victoria stopped him,

“Attract people so they’ll give information,” she said with sullen face. Sungmin laughed,

“Eh, are you mad? I mean, you have a special ability to take information from someone who difficult to be asking,”

Victoria’s face turned red immediately.

“You have charms. It’s really an amazing ability,” he added.

“If you united, you’ll be a good team,” he finished his words, smiled widely.

Kyu and the other didn’t reply. Kyu looked at Sungmin who still smiled. Taeyeon, Victoria and Amber looked at each other. Amber shrugged, she has no idea. Onew, weirdly, smiled widely too just like Sungmin.

Key was the one, who finally said,

“You know, you’re right, hyung. I think we’ll be a good detective then,” he said while played with his straw.

“Sungmin, join with us. We need you too. You have the same ability with Vic. You can attract woman to get information from them,” Kyu suddenly said and everyone surprised, include Sungmin.

“Eeeh? What?” he thought Kyu just joking.

“Join what?” Taeyeon and Victoria looked confused.

Kyu grinned,

“I think we can make a team. Something like club. Detective Club,” he said.

“Detective school club,” Key added.

“Oh! It’s interesting,” Onew grinned too. Taeyeon and Victoria finally understood.

“Not bad,” Taeyeon shrugged. “I like it, I mean, solve the mysteries. A really good food for my brain,” she smiled.

“Mmm, not bad,” Amber smiled. “Ahh, data base, right? Such a really cool position,” she added with bright face. Onew looked at her.

“Don’t forget that I’m a data base too,” he grinned at her and Amber’s face turned sullen immediately.

“Yeah, yeah I know,”

“Join with us, Sungminie...” Kyu asked once again and Sungmin laughed,

Omo, you guys!”

“Detective school club, what its name, then?” Sungmin finally said and smiled. From his expression Kyu already knew that he agreed to join.