The Midnight Song (1)

The Brilliant High

A girl walked through the corridor. Her hands trembling a lot. She looked around. It’s already 10 o’clock. It’s so stupid to stay so long at school. She was too enjoying her time in the laboratory until she forgot the time.

They said the school is haunted, but she doesn’t believe it. They said that every night, there’s a creepy event happen. The piano in the music room will play by itself.

“Stupid! Why you suddenly remember that urban legend?” she whispered at herself.

She almost reaches the end of the corridor. From there, she must walk ten minutes to reach the school gate. But she must walk through near the music room which stands five meters from her.

“Come on, Se Ra, you can do it! Faster, faster!” she said in heart and fastens her steps.

But suddenly ….

She heard sweet melodies. Someone played the piano in the music room. Her heart almost stopped.

“AAAAAA!” Without wasting any time, she ran quickly.

***

“You must believe me, Kyu!”

If Taeyeon has Sunny who’s a gossip girl, Kyu has Eunhyuk, who really likes to spread the latest gossip in the school.

“Stop it, Eunhyukkie! That’s nonsense!” Kyu yawned.

“It’s true!” Eunhyuk said once again.

“It’s just a prank,” Kyu replied.

“IT’S TRUE!” Eunhyuk was hellbent.

“It’s just A PRANK!” Kyu said louder on the last word.

Eunhyuk showed his disappointed expression.

YA! Aish, jinjja, Kyu! You’ll believe me one day! Jang Se Ra from class 3D already heard the piano played by itself!”

Kyu yawned once again and continued to fill the crossword puzzle.

“Yeah, yeah. Se Ra, that asocial girl. So you believe her, Eunhyukkie? So silly ….”

Aish, jinjja …. OK.” Eunhyuk face was only ten centimeter from Kyu. Kyu was so shocked. 

Ya, what’re you doing!”

Eunhyuk’s face was so serious when he said,

“Let’s make a bet. If you can figure it out that it’s just a rumour and creepy urban legend, you must run over the school with just only our trousers. But if I’m wrong and it’s just a prank, I’m the one who’ll run over the school with just only my trousers.”

Kyu surprised.

“EEEH? So we’ll ?”

Eunhyuk closed his eyes, looked annoyed.

“Not , you pabo! We still wear our trousers, but we don’t wear our shirt!”

Kyu’s body trembling.

“You’re really ert, Lee Hyuk Jae. You just wanna see me ,” Kyu said and Eunhyuk quickly said.

“Me?  ert? Stop joking around! I’m ier than you!”

Kyu rolled his eyeballs.

“Yeah, ier? Yeah ….”

***

Chanyeol laughed.

“Eeeh, new urban legend? Again? Stop joking around, hyung ….”

Kyu laughed.

“See? That pabo Hyuk Jae believe that!”

“Eunhyuk hyung really likes such a thing like that. Creepy story, urban legend ….”

“He’s in hospital when Kai’s case happened, he’s so … disappointed then. He texted me every five minutes after the case solved.” Kyu shook his head.

“You told him the detail, Kyu?” Sungmin asked and Kyu shook his head.

“No, I don’t wanna everyone know the truth. I just say it’s just a prank but I don’t know who’s behind it.” Kyu said and Sungmin nodded.

“Mmm, you’re right. Pity Kai ….” He shook his head.

Chanyeol smiled.

“He’s fun, you know. Kai. I always go home with him and he’s a really interesting guy. Oh yeah, I forget. He told me that there’s an interesting new boy in his class, his name is Jong Dae. Cute, not talk much, but smart,”

Kyu nodded.

“Mmm, interesting.”

“Hey guys, wanna solve this mystery too?” Kyu said and everyone smiled.

“Haha. You don’t wanna be in front of everyone, right?” Sungmin laughed and Kyu’s face turned red immediately.

“That’s not the point!” he protested and Sungmin laughed once again.

“OK OK. We’ll wait for the girls and Onew, and then let’s talk about it.” Key said.

***

“EEEH? Another urban legend? Oh please stop it. I’m enough with it.” Taeyeon quickly said.

“Yeah, Oppa … let’s find another mystery,” Victoria added. Amber nodded,

“Mmm. There’re so many interesting mystery, not just urban legend,” she added.

Kyu sighed.

“Hey, hey! Help me, please! I don’t want in front of the school!” he protested and quickly realized his mistake. He closed his mouth with his palm but it’s too late.

Taeyeon, Victoria, Amber and Onew’s laugh exploded.

“WHAT? HUAHAHAHA! YOU, ? HUAHAHAHA? IT’S THE BEST JOKE!!!” Taeyeon laughed loudly.

“? HUAHAHAHA? Are you kidding, Oppa?” Victoria’s laughed while held her stomach.

Kyu’s face turned purple (not red anymore) and looked really offended. While Baekhyun and D.O walked to them and brought their foods, he laughed too.

“HAHAHA? ? We already heard that! Eunhyuk hyung said he wants make you !” Baekhyun laughed.

“I’ll wait till that day, hyung! Huahahaha!” D.O added, laughed louder.

Kyu’s anger exploded.

“ENOUGH!” he hit the table and stood up, everyone stopped to laugh, surprised. The other guest in the café surprised too.

“I’ll defeat Eunhyuk! I’ll surely defeat him!”

***

“You really waste our sleep time, Kyu,” Taeyeon grumbled.

“Yes! So why you drag me too?” Chanyeol complained, his eyes were red.

“It’s so silly, Kyu!” Sungmin complained too, looked annoyed with the mosquitos near him.

“Let’s go home! I better create new software!” Onew protested.

“Me too!” Amber added.

Kyu didn’t replied, he looked really serious. He already told the school keeper he wants to stay in the school until midnight. The school keeper gave him the key but warned him to put it back to his office.

The Brilliant High now sat near the music room. The air was so cold and everyone grumbling except Kyu. He looked around and checked the room many times. He wants assured that no one entered the music room since they gathered near the room. 

 Onew and Sungmin rolled their eye balls. Key yawned many times.

“Huaaaaah, it’s tiring. Wake me up if the ghost or whatever that appears,” he closed his eyes.

“Wake me too.” Chanyeol added, followed Key and closed his eyes too.

Taeyeon, Victoria and Amber’s eyes finally closed too and the followed Key and Chanyeol to sleep. Onew and Sungmin closed their faces; Kyu didn’t know they’re asleep or not.

Suddenly, Kyu waked them all together. The members yawned then rubbed their eyes.

“What? The ghost, huh? Huaaaah ….” Sungmin said.

“Oh, I’m still sleepy, Kyu,” Taeyeon answered with still her eyes closed.

“I already heard it. It’s not a ghost. Someone played the piano.” Kyu said.

Everyone’s eyes quickly opened.