Can We Meet in the Darkness? (2)

The Brilliant High

 

She grumbled while walked along the dark street. It’s already 9 pm, she came late from school because she was busy planned something with her friends. She’s the head class, so she coordinate her friends if they have an event,

“Who’s he?” she talked while looked at her cell phone.

“He must be a stalker,” she added, made her own conclusion.

She walked and kept walk. The street was so empty, she grumbled again,

“It’s still 9 pm but the street already empty! Pfft...”

Suddenly she heard a footsteps behind her. She stopped, surprised. She tried to hear any weird voice, but the only thing she heard was only her breath.

“It must be my imagination,” she said and smiled. She continue walking.

Step...step...step...

Her heart almost stopped. It’s not her imagination! She hear that voice clearly!

Someone behind her, she knew it, and she didn’t like it. Moreover, she’s scare.

She tried hardly to turn her head, his body trembling. She must collect her brave, to see someone behind her.

She couldn’t see that people’s face in the darkness. Moreover, it seemed he wear a mask. He wore a black jacket and his head covered with his jacket’s veil. That man walked slowly to her.

She shocked.

“Go away, go away! Who’re you?” she could hear her trembled voice.

“You must pay for your sins...” that man said with creepy, deep voice.

***

Kyu didn’t pay attention to what Taeyeon said. He just covered his ears and keep drinking from his straw. He had irritated expression on his face.

“And you must see Yunho ahjussi expression! He must be really grateful to me! Uwaah...his shining eyes! He must be really handsome when he’s young!” Taeyeon told him with really bright face.

Slurp...slurp...sluuurp...

“Uwaaaah, remember the audiences and the jury’s face? They looked really amazed!” Taeyeon added happily.

Slurp...slurp...sluuurp...

Taeyeon stopped talking while Key, Victoria, Onew and Amber tried hard to hold their laugh.

“Hey Kyu, are you listening to me?” she said loudly.

Slurp...slurp...sluuurp...

“KYU!” Taeyeon shouted on his ear.

EOMMA!!!” Kyu jumped from his chair, surprised and shouted loudly.

Everyone now couldn’t hold their laugh anymore. Key and Victoria laughed loudly, Amber felt her stomach cramps while she laughed and Onew’s tears came right after he started to laugh.

“Are you ask for trouble, hah? Wanna fight with me?” Taeyeon scolding him.

Kyu touch his chest,

“My heart, OMG Taeyeon!” he grumbling.

“Huh, I don’t care!” Taeyeon turned her head arrogantly.

“Oh my, stop it, hyung, noona, please!” Key said while laughed.

“Oh no, I like the moment when you have a fight!” Victoria held her stomach, laughed louder.

Kyu and Taeyeon quickly stared at her,

“Do you enjoy it?” they said together, sharply.

Victoria stopped to laugh. She saw their expression and gulped.

“Uh...I mean...” she stuttered while Kyu and Taeyeon kept stared at her.

“Oh, the Princess with her friends!” Key suddenly shouted and pointed the door. Everyone quickly turned their head, include Kyu and Taeyeon. Victoria sighed,

Omo...thanks, Key...” she whispered.

Tiffany, Yuri, Yoo Mi and Mi Ra entered the cafe.

“They looks unhappy,” said Amber.

“Who’re they?” asked Onew, confused. Everyone tapped their forehead. They forgot to tell Onew.

“It’s the Princess girl with her friends. They’re the head of arrogant girl in my school,” Key gave him explanation. Victoria and Amber laughed with his funny explanation.

“You’re right, they looks strange...” Taeyeon said.

It’s true. Tiffany and her friends didn’t look like usual. There’s no bossy attitude and their face looked gloomy. Tiffany even looked angry. She hit the table, didn’t care with the other guest’s reaction and scold Yoo Mi and Mi Ra.

“I wanna hear what she say,” Key grinned and he suddenly stood up and walked to the counter. Fortunately, the Princess girl and her friends’ table is near the counter. He pretend to see the menu while his ears try to catch Tiffany’s words.

“He’s smart,” Kyu grinned too.

“What a great idea,” Onew nodded and grinned too.

Tiffany’s voice louder, although she still whispered.

“Listen, Mi Ra, it’s bull! No one will do that! It’s just a stalker!”

Mi Ra’s voice looked angry too when she replied,

“No, Tiffany, absoutely no! You listen, this is weird! Two night ago, Tae Hyung attacked by someone! Then Yoo Mi met a strange man who scared her! This must be something!”

“No, Mi Ra, no! It’s just a coincident!” Tiffany protested against her.

“I’m scare, Tiffany! I wish you were there so you wouldn’t underestimate my experience!” Yoo Mi protested.

After few minutes debating the same thing, finally Tiffany and her friends left the cafe. Key heard them left from his behind. He walked back to his table.

“So, how?” Kyu asked. Key shrugghed.

“Not much. Hyung, is really Tae Hyung attacked by someone?” he asked. Kyu surprised.

“You mean, Jung Tae Hyung, Mi Ra’s boyfriend?” he asked and Key nodded.

Kyu shook his head,

“I don’t hear the news,”

“And Yoo Mi followed by a strange man,” Key added.

“Really?” he surprised twice. Key nodded.

“I think we’ll hear the complete story tomorrow,” he added.

***

Aigoo, really?”

“Do you mean...Kang Do Kyung? Yoo Mi’s boyfriend?”

“You must be kidding! How can that happened?”

Kyu and Key entered the school gate with confused face. Everyone looked really serious busy chit-chatted. Kyu and Key tried to eavesed drop.

“It’s scary!”

“After Tae Hyun, now Do Kyung too?”

Kyu quickly asked to the nearest girl,

“Hey, what do you mean?”

That girl looked surprised with Kyu’s question. Her face quickly turned red and she said slowly,

“Don’t you hear the news, Oppa?”

“Do Kyung being attacked last night!” the other girl continued.

“Someone hit his head, just like Tae Hyung!” a girl added.

Kyu surprised. Key looked at the girls,

“When?” he asked too.

The girls’s face quickly turned red too with Key’s appearance.

“Last night, Oppa...” one of them answered shyly.

“Tell me the whole story, include what happened to Tae Hyung,” Key said once again.

So this is what happened. After he finished his band pratice at 8 pm, Tae Hyung came home by himself. He walked along the empty and dark street. When he turned left to the next alley, someone stopped him and hit his head. The man who did it run quickly, left him with bloody head. Fortunately, his wound was not serious.

About Do Kyung, just like Tae Hyung, he being attacked after he finished his job. His wound was not serious too. He just too shock with what happened.

“ I heard someone stalked Yoo Mi and made her really scared,” that girl added.

“I don’t care. She bullied so many kids. She just really evil, like his boyfriend,” her friend replied.

“Someone stalked Yoo Mi?” Kyu surprised. The girls nodded.

“Yes. A strange man shocked her afther she came back late from school,” they answered.

Kyu and Key looked at each other.

***

Then the other day, there’s a shocking news again. Mi Ra stalked by someone strange too, then Yuri’s boyfriend being attacked.

“It’s scary! Why someone did that terrible thing?” the students looked scare.

“Hey, do you think they attack ulzzang?” someone said. Tiffany and her friends with their boyfriend are the ulzzang in Seoul Centre.

So when Kyu and Key entered the school the next day, they heard a rumour that the attacker and the stalker was the same person and they attack ulzzang. They gathered Taeyeon, Victoria, Onew and Amber and told them about what happened.

“It’s so scary!” Taeyeon shuddered.

“So they attack ulzzang?” Victoria looked scare.

“Tell the headmaster and the police,” Onew gave a simple solution.

“No, let’s finish it by ourselve! I wanna try to solve a mystery too!” Amber clapped, enthusiastic.

Kyu and Key quickly looked at her. Amber stopped to clap.

“Huh, why?”

“That’s what I said to Key before,” Kyu said.

“Eeeeh, really? We solve this mystery?” Taeyeon and Victoria looked surprised.

Kyu nodded,

“Oh yeah. First, let’s gather the information first from the victims,”

“That’s dangerous,” Taeyeon disagree. Victoria nodded. Key shrugged,

“Just ask them, it’s not dangerous, noona,”

Amber looked at Taeyeon,

“Oh please, eonni...I wanna join to solve this...” she begged.

Taeyeon looked at Victoria. Victoria shook her head slowly while whispered “no”.

“How about you, Onew?” she asked and Onew shrugged.

“You know that I like to do something fun. This is fun,” he said.

Taeyeon sighed.

“OK, let’s try this first,” she finally said while Victoria sighed.

“Ah, really...”

***

“Get of my way, D.O!”

“Don’t push him!”

“Shut up, Baekhyun,”

Tiffany and Yuri walked fast along the corridor. They pushed D.O when he blocked their way.

“This won’t happen! The rumour said that they attack and stalked the ulzzangs in this school!” Yuri looked angry.

“Yes, I know, Yuri!” Tiffany said impatiently. They walked to the class and meet Yoo Mi and Mi Ra. But they’re not alone. They surprised when they see Kyu and Key there.

“I won’t tell that scary event, Oppa!” Yoo Mi shook his head many times.

“Obviously no!” Mi Ra added, her face was full of sweat.

Tiffany and Yuri walked to them.

“What’re you doing?” Tiffany asked quickly. Yoo Mi and Mi Ra quickly looked at her,

“Help us, Tiffany! They asked us to tell that event!” they complained.

“We wanna help you to find the people behind it,” Kyu said but Tiffany stared at him,

“Don’t do that, Oppa,”

“We just...” Key tried to help but Yuri stared at him too.

“Don’t. Just go,”

When Kyu and Key left the classroom, Kyu sighed,

“It’ll be difficult,”

***