Call Me Again (2)

The Brilliant High

“It’s ghost!” Taeyeon touched her cheek, her eyes looked bigger, surprised.

“Not, it’s not!” Kyu grumbling.

“It looked solid, like a human, right?” Key looked at Sungmin and Sungmin nodded.

“Mm. Solid. It’s really a human, I won’t accept any different idea,”

“Then it’s really him? Lee...Taemin Oppa?” Victoria looked at Kyu. Kyu didn’t answer. He crossed his arms, thinking.

“No. It’s not him. He’s already dead,” he said slowly, with no expression.

“Kyu...” Sungmin touched his arms.

Amber drank her juice while her other hand busy clicking the mouse.

“Sluuurp...Mmm. So, he dissapeared two years ago?” she said and Kyu nodded.

“Yes...”

“At January 18, 2012, hm?” Onew added. He’s busy with his notebook too. Kyu nodded.

“There’s no witness. So, he dissapeared on the way to his home,” Onew continued.

“It’s weird. Is really no witness?” Amber looked at Kyu. Sungmin was the one who answered.

“He came home at 4 pm, I still remember that. After worked in the laboratory. The school keeper saw him before he went home. Unfortunately, the street was empty at that time,”

“I’ll save the file,” Amber said and Onew nodded.

“Mm, me too. Amber, to prevent that we save the same file, I’ll just save the file from January 18,” he said and Amber agreed.

“That’ll be good, Oppa. I’ll save the file after that day,”

“Can you ask Mr. Park again?” asked Key and Onew surprised.

“That’ll be a good idea!” his face looked bright immediately.

Kyu still didn’t say anything. Taeyeon looked pity on her.

“We’ll find it. The truth,” she said and Kyu looked at her.

“He’s still young. So young and bright...He’s my bestfriend...”

***

 

Amber showed what she get.

“This. From the five biggest newspapers. Plus from local newspaper. His disappearance seemed to be a big news,”

Onew nodded,

“Good job, Amber. Yes. It’s because he’s brilliant, came from the famous school too. Big searching started one day after he disappeared. Look at this,” he pointed at one of his file.

“It said here that everyone at the school looked for ten hours, from morning till afternoon,”

“With no result...” Kyu sighed. He looked really sad.

Taeyeon sighed too. She suddenly looked at someone next to Key.

“Do something to him. He can’t just sleeping when we’re here...” she said.

Kyu looked at Chanyeol, who starting sleep again. When they came to the cafe, Chanyeol fell asleep immediately. Even when Onew, Amber, Taeyeon and Victoria came, he still slept.

Aigoo. This kid...” Kyu shook his head. “Ya, ya, Yeolli! Ireona! Ya, ireona!” he shook Chanyeol’s shoulder. For two minutes he did that.

Until...

“Hoaaaam....Wae, hyung?” Chanyeol yawned and rubbed his eyes.

Taeyeon and Victoria’s mouth opened immediately. The didn’t wink even once.

“Ha...ha...” Victoria tried to say but failed.

“Handsome...” Taeyeon finished that word for her.

Sungmin’s expression turned sullen immediately.

“Oh, not again...”

Chanyeol looked at Taeyeon and Victoria who still couldn’t say anything except said “o...omo...omomo...”. He smiled,

“Oh, pretty noona!” and both of Taeyeon and Victoria almost fainted. Sungmin and Key rolled their eyes.

Ya, ya! Back to work!” Kyu shouted and everyone surprised. He seemed so serious and firm. Sungmin looked at him and understoor. He must be really want this case solved immediately.

“He’s right. Let’s work properly. Onew, did you already called Mr. Park?” Sungmin said and Onew nodded. He already told Sungmin about Mr. Park and Sungmin was really amazed. Have a police as their information base is really a big asset.

“Yes. He sent us some file,” he replied.

Then everyone red the files together. Amber rewrote some main information.

“So he dissapeared after  4 pm. Wore a uniform with black coat and red shawl. Met the school keeper before say goodbye to him. The school keeper saw him walked along the empty street, before turned left, to the bus station,” Amber red. Everyone nodded.

“There’s no other clue. With no any witnesses, it seems we face a big wall,” Key sighed.

“Um...enemy? Is he has enemy?” Victoria asked and Kyu shook his head,

“As long as I know...no. He has no enemy. Everyone liked him,”

“But...for example, perhaps he has someone that envy to him? Someone that has a grudge?” Taeyeon asked slowly, looked at Kyu. Kyu shook his head once again.

“No...Oh God...I should accompany him after school that day...But he asked me to go home...He didn’t want to make me wait for him...” he closed his eyes. Chanyeol touched his arm,

“Don’t feel guilty, hyung...We’ll find the truth. Just like as Taeyeon noona said...”

Taeyeon surprised.

“As...I said? Did you hear...me?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“Mmm. I’m not just sleeping. I also hear everything what someone say,” he smiled widely.

Sungmin surprised.

“What a useful thing...” he said and Chanyeol smiled widely once again.

“It must be a clue. Even a single clue. Hyung...did he call you or sent a text to you that afternoon?” Chanyeol asked. Kyu shook his head.

“No. If I already received it, I’ll tell the police immediately,”

“So the hint is only from the boy we just saw after school,” Chanyeol said and everyone surprised.

“What? The boy?” Kyu said and Chanyeol nodded.

“Yes. He’s human, not ghost. He must has a relationship with Taemin sunbae. Because of he don’t have it, why he must act like him? To make a stir? To make sensation? Wae?

Everyone surprised once again.

***

Sungmin already asked the student from 1D, who saw Taemin’s figure from the window. That student, a girl who really enthusiastic in front of Sungmin’s charm, answered quickly.

“Yes, yes! Really creepy, oppa! Ah, I’m so scared!”

“He’s really like him. I mean, Taemin sunbae, handsome. He also wore an uniform with a coat just like sunbae before he dissapeared,” that girl added.

“No other special characteristic anymore?” Sungmin asked and that girl shook her head regretfully.

“No, I’m sorry...that figure dissapeared quickly,”

The same result came from Victoria, who asked the guy who saw Taemin’s figure under the stair.

“He also dissapeared quickly. Ran to the corridor,” Victoria said. She sit with the other in the cafe after school, discussed the result.

“And...no one see him too?” Kyu said and Victoria shook her head.

“It’s weird. If he’s a human, someone must see him too,” Key said. Taeyeon nodded.

“You’re right. There’s no way someone wouldn’t see him. It’ll be really suspicious,”

“Let’s ask the teacher first, then we can conclude it,” Kyu said and everyone nodded.

They went to the teacher’s room and looked for Shin Dong Hee sonsaengnim. Fortunately, he’s still there. He smiled widely to them.

“Oh, Kyu, Key,Sungmin! And...Chanyeol, right? Why are you still here, not go home? And who...” he looked at Taeyeon, Victoria, Amber and Onew.

“We’re Kyu and Key’s schoolmate at junior high. We’re from New High,” Taeyeon said while smiled to him.

“I’m a student of New High too,” Amber smiled.

“I’m from Hyeseong Sigh School, Sir...” Onew added and everyone added.

“Hyeseong High School? I never ask you where...” Kyu couldn’t continue his words and Onew smiled.

Shin Dong Hee sonsaengnim surprised too,

“That famous school? Lead by Lee Hyeseong, who only accept genious kids?” he asked and Onew nodded while smiled once again.

“That’s right, Sir...”

Shin sonsaengnim looked amazed,

“Whoa...that’s cool! So, what bring you here, kids?” he looked at Kyu and the other.

Kyu answered.

“We wanna ask about...Lee Sungmin’s scratch. On your desk, sonsaengnim...”

Shin sonsaengnim suddenly looked scared.

Aigoo...Why? It’s probably just a prank from naughty kid!” he said, shook his head.

“It’s too much to be a joke, Sonsaengnim...” Chanyeol said while yawned again. He really wanna go home but his mother will be angry if he not go home with Kyu. In his new school, his mother felt really worry of him.

Shin sonsaengmin sighed,

“It’s too much, you’re right. I don’t know why the kids wrote that creepy words on my desk. If I were Choi sonsaengnim...” he said slowly while pointed at Choi sonsaengnim, head class of 1A,

“I must be too scare to come to school again. She’s really scared with supernatural things,” he continued his words.

“Just let it go then, kids...If really it’s just a joke. Kids at this age really scary indeed,” he shrugged.

While Kyu on his way home with Chanyeol (he yawned again), he said slowly.

“It’s not only a joke. It must be something. Right, Yeolli?” he turned his head to Chanyeol.

“Mmm...yes. Oh, we arrived. Bye, hyung...” he walked to his home, which next to Kyu’s home ehile yawned many times again.

***