The Screaming Crows (4)

The Brilliant High

“WHAT? CHOLERA?” Taeyeo

Kyu put his finger in front of his lips,

“Psst, Taeyeon! You’re too loud!” Taeyeon quickly shut ,

“Oops … Sorry … but, really? Cholera?” she asked. Kyu nodded.

“Creepy disease that killed so many people at the past. Really quick,” he explained and Onew nodded.

“This village must be ever had cholera endemic at the past. That disease attacked the villagers and I think … that’s the reason behind the massacre,” he added and Kyu nodded. 

“Exactly,”

“But … how?” asked Victoria. Amber looked at her, “

Vic, are you really asked that creepy question? I don’t care how they did the massacre but it’s so … cruel,” she said and Victoria surprised.

“Omo, you’re right ….” 

Key sighed, “I bet they will bury Dong Wan in the ancient funeral. Every people who died from that disease buried there ….”

“And about we have two weeks before we … we die …” Amber said and Sungmin nodded. 

“That endemic attacked the village in two weeks, right? After that, people realized about that disease and they killed the rest of villagers who got that disease,” he said and Kyu nodded too. 

“Exactly, Sungminnie…” he replied. Victoria got goosebumps immediately. 

“So creepy …” “So, what’ll we do now?” asked Taeyeon and everyone, include Kyu shook their head.

“Molla ….”

“I’m sorry ….” Key suddenly said and everyone looked at him. Kyu shook his head once again then smiled.

“It’s OK, Key …” he said. 

“We better go back to Seoul quickly. I don’t wanna you be scared anymore,” Key continued and everyone surprised. 

“You must be joking! This is an adventure!” Taeyeon shook her head and smiled. 

“Yeah, Key! How can you say something like that so suddenly? I want to know about this incident more,” Victoria added, smiled too. Everyone agreed too. Kyu smiled widely, 

“Hey, Key! You already heard what I say. We’re detective club member. We still have time. We’ll find more about this incident,”

“Can we stop the curse?” asked Sungmin and Kyu looked at him.

“I don’t know. I think this is a mystery, not a case. If the curse is real, and I’m afraid it’s really real, we can’t do anything,” Everyone sighed and Onew said,

“That’s right,”

*** 

The Brilliant High with Key’s grandfather and grandmother went to Dong Wan’s funeral. It’s a really sad moment. His parents cried many times. The members could see Mr. Lee, who led the funeral. The villagers whispered at each other. Most of them said they already predicted it will happen. The rest of them were afraid that bad things will happen. 

“This is so disturbing,” Key said and Kyu nodded. “Yes.”

After the funeral, Key suddenly said to the members. “I’ll bring you to the forest.”

Everyone surprised. 

*** 

“Careful, Taeyeon, Vic, Amber,” Kyu said to the girls. Victoria and Amber looked around with suspicious looking. The forest was so dark. The sunlight could reach the deeper part of the forest. Five minutes after they entered the forest, they almost couldn’t see anything. Onew and Sungmin lighted their flashlight. Key also lighted his flashlight.

“No one ever entered this forest for 93 years,” he said and Sungmin rolled his eyeballs. 

“Yeah, I can see that,” he said and Kyu laughed a little. 

Key smiled, “Haha,” 

Before they entered the forest, they almost afraid to do that, because Key’s knowledge about it only a few. But Key assured them because he remembered the story about the forest. He ever heard from the villagers who ever entered the forest. He said that they did the sacrificial rites there, and his grandmother and grandmother came to that rites too, so he sometimes heard about it from them.

“How far do you know about this forest, Key?” asked Onew and Key shrugged,

“Not too much. In this forest, there’re two large fields. They did the sacrificial rites on the nearest field, we almost reach there. And the second field … halmeoni said that I should not go there. I don’t know why. It’s in the deepest part of the forest. And, when I was little, she told me that after entered the forest, there’re so many wild animals like tigers and snake, and a creepy old lady who’ll hunt a kid like me. You know, scary story for a kid. That’s how it made me avoid the forest,” 

“That’s super creepy. Your grandmother really has a good imagination,” Sungmin shook his head and Key laughed. 

“Come on, I would like to show you to the first field,” he said. They finally saw a large field with clean surface. There’s a big and flat rock in the centre of the field. “They must be put the sacrifices there,” Victoria said, got gooebumps quickly. 

Key nodded. “Mmm,” There’s no trace from the sacrificial rites, Kyu checked carefully.

“They cleaned it well then,” Onew said and Sungmin looked pale.

“Let’s go. It’s scary,” Amber got goosebumps too. Everyone nodded. They didn’t like that place.

“Let’s go back,” Taeyeon said and Sungmin looked at Key. 

“Key, how about the second field? I wonder is that place where I saw the crows from far?” he asked. He finally knew that the birds he saw from far were crows. Key nodded.

“Mmm. Since the incident, that place filled with crows. They fly above the place. We can hear their screams even from far,” he explained. 

Everyone shocked. 

“Since the incident? Really?” Taeyeon asked and Key nodded. 

“Mmm. We don’t know why. We can’t enter that field. It cursed too,” he said. Kyu nodded. His body trembling.

“Let’s go back quickly,” Onew now felt scared too. 

“This place gives bad effect for me, aigoo”

They walked quickly. Taeyeon held Kyu’s arm and Victoria held Key’s arms. Amber clung on Onew, who felt scared too. Sungmin’s body trembling and he put his hands in his pocket. They walked for five minutes and the sky was darker from the first time they entered the forest. 

“Faster guys. Let’s walk faster,” Kyu said and everyone grumbled.

“We walk quickly, Kyu!” Taeyeon protested.

“Stop clinging on me, Amber,” Onew said and Amber protested. 

“But you’re scared too, Oppa! Your body is trembling!” 

“Stop fighting, I feel something strange,” Sungmin said and everyone looked at him. 

“What strange?” they asked and before Sungmin could answer, Kyu suddenly shouted. 

“Watch out!” and he bended down. Everyone surprised and quickly followed him to bend down. Suddenly, hundred or maybe more crows appeared and filled the forest wth their screams and the voice from their wings. They flew only one meter from their head and if Kyu didn’t warn them before, they’ll hit by the crows. 

“OMO! Why they suddenly appear?” Taeyeon shocked and shouted.

“Are you alright, guys?” Kyu shouted and everyone shouted back.

“We’re alright!”

“After they disappear, we must leave this forest quickly!” Kyu shouted once again. 

“WE KNOW THAT!” everyonr replied. For two minutes, they bended down on the ground. Everyone was so scared. Taeyeon and Victoria held their head. Kyu, Key and Sungmin closed their ears with their palms. Onew bended down next to Amber, protected her. After the last bird disappeared, they quickly stood up and without wasted any times, left the forest. 

***

They didn’t say anything to Key’s grandmother and grandmother. Even Key didn’t say anything. He only said that they visit the lake once again. His grandmother laughed, 

“Again?” Key nodded. 

“We had a picnic there,” he said. 

Their holiday still one week but Key said he want to go back to Seoul quickly. He said that the school suddenly held an event and he must come. His grandmother and grandfather was so disappointed but they could understand. 

“We already knew about the incident, the reason, and the forest. It’s enough,” Kyu said and everyone nodded.

“Amber and I planned something after we arrive at Seoul,” Onew said and everyone was so surprised. 

“What is that?” Sungmin said and both of Onew and Amber smiled widely. 

“You’ll know it soon,” they said. 

The members packed everything and went back to Seoul immediately. 

***n shocked.