The First Member (1)

The Brilliant High

 

“What is the name of the US first president!”

One of the bell in that room rang.

“Yes, New High?” the man who stood behind the pulpit said with the mic.

“George Washington!”

“Correct!”

“Uargh!” a namja looked angry.

“Calm down, hyung. Or we’ll lose,” his friend looked at him, worried.

“Now, who’s the composer of Clair de Lune ?” the jury asked again.

The namja called Kyu rang the bell quickly.

“Yes, Seoul Centre!”

“Debussy! Claude Debussy!”

“Correct!”

The Jury looked amazed,

“New High Woman School, 150 points. Seoul Centre High School, 150 points! Now, the final question will determine the winner!”

“Key, our change! We must win!” Kyu looked enthusiastic. He looked at his opponent, New High Woman School. The contestants turned their heads quickly, while made snort sound.

“Hmp!” Kyu heard their snort and he grinned,

“Geez!” he smiled widely.

Kyu and his friend, Key looked at the screen quickly, because the final question would be annnounced,

The jury, a fat man with glasses said from his microphone,

“Now, arrange this puzzle in a quick time! Those that arrange the fastest, will be the winner!”

“Puzzle, puzzle?” Kyu confused, but he quickly aware and looked at Key,

“Key, quick!”

Key nodded,

“I know!” he moved his finger on the small screen in front of him quickly.

On their right, they heard one of Woman High student shouted,

“Quick, Victoria, Quick!”

“I know!” the second woman shouted back.

Kyu was amazed. He saw Key’s eyes moved quickly, similar to his hands move. Kyu looked at the timer 20 seconds passed now.

And then...

A bell rang.

“Seoul Centre, YOU WIN!”

Kyu’s mouth opened widely. Key smiled, his eyes still looked at the screen.

“NO, NOOO!!!” the first woman from New High shouted. The second woman looked pale, still didn’t realize what happened.

“Kyu hyung, KYU HYUNG!!!!” Key looked at Kyu and hugged him.

“Key, KEY!!!!” Kyu shouted back. He hugged Key back and the dance around while still hugged each other.

“Kyu hyung, KYU HYUNG!!!!” Key shouted once again. His face was red, full of happiness.

“Key, KEY!!!!” Kyu shouted back.

“UWAAAAA!!” the first woman from New High cried. Victoria, the second woman, tried to calm her.

“Taeyeon eonni...eonni?”

But the Taeyeon, the first woman seemed didn’t hear her and kept cry.

“Uwaaaaa....”

***

“Uahahaha!” Kyu looked satisfied. Taeyeon, a student from New High grumbled.

“Stop it,”

“Uahahaha!” Kyu laughed once again and Taeyeon quickly closed his mouth with his palm.

“Uh...uh...” Kyu couldn’t say anything.

“Where, where?” Key smiled while put his hands out. Victoria, the second student of Woman High snort once again,

“Hmp!” and she took something from her bag and put it to Key’s hands.

Key’s eyes looked bigger when he saw that thing,

“Uwaaaah, this is real? Hey, this is real?” he asked Victoria and Victoria snort once again.

“Hmp, of course!”

Key’s eyes wet,

“Uwaaah...this is real! U2 limited CD is real!!!” he yelled happily. Victoria sighed and shook her head.

“Come on, eonni. We come home. He’ll die if you keep close his mouth,” she looked at Taeyeon, who still goggle at Kyu angrily and closed his mouth.

“Uh...uh!” Kyu still couldn’t say anything. Taeyeon finally release him.

“Huuuf...” Kyu took a deep breath then goggle at Taeyeon back.

Ya! You don’t have to do that!”

Taeyeon didn’t care then leave with Victoria.

Key looked at Kyu.

Hyung, is this great? We win over them! We right to made a bet with them!” he looked realy happy, gripped at his new CD tightly.

Kyu laughed,

“Of course!!” he looked satisfied once again.

Kyuhyun and Key are the student of Seoul Centre High School. They’re the best student there, with the best grade among the students. While Taeyeon and Victoria are the students of New High Woman School. They’re the best student there too.

Kyuhyun and Taeyeon were on the same junior high school. They always compete with each other. But they separated in senior high school. When Kyu at 2nd grade, he met Key, his hoobae. Key was really smart and he really awe to Kyu. So he tried to become his bestfriend.

When High School National Competition announced to be held, Kyu heard that New High Woman School will participate, and Taeyeon would be the representative. Key will be the representative with Kyu too.

Beyond his belief, when he met Taeyeon before the competition, Key recognised Victoria―the second representative―as his junior high school’s class mate. So, Kyu and Key agreed to made a bet with their junior high school friend.

And than how everything happened.

***