A Mermaid

A Mermaid's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's pov:

 

The clock was ticking and Key placed the plates with food in a calm way on the table.

Woohyun and Marna looked at each other, not understanding the reaction of Woohyun's grandfather.

"Come and eat." Key smiled, making Woohyun scratch his head. "Maybe he's not completely awake yet?" he whispered to Marna who shrugged her shoulders.

The two went to the table and sat down next to each other while Key settled down in front of them.

Marna looked with curious eyes at the table that was filled with food... well food for humans.

"Here, you can eat this." Key smiled warmly at Marna. "It's a sallad with nuts and apples in it." Key explained, giving the plate to Marna who accepted it warily.

"Let's eat." Key said and started to bring some rice into his mouth, watching Marna looking at the vegetarian salad in front of her.

"It's alright. There's no meat in it." Key said, making Marna nod and take a small bite.

"This is delicious!" she beamed after tasting the sweet salad.

Key smiled thankfully and sipped from his morning tea.

He stopped though after taking one small sip, staring at the cup that was filled with green tea.

"Grandpa...? Are you sleeping?" Woohyun asked confused, moving his hand in front of his grandfather.

"No... I'm awake. It's nothing."

"So.... isn't it awesome! I actually met a mermaid!" Woohyun started again, making Key stop every movement and look at his grandson.

"Woohyun. You're over twenty already."

"Are you saying I'm making everything up?" Woohyun gasped hurt.

Key didn't answer and moved his eyes to Marna who was being quiet, but the curiosity in her eyes never leaving her.

"No, Woohyun. I'm not." Key sighed before he started to p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter