Legs instead of a tail

A Mermaid's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's pov:

 

The sky turned dark and the stars shines brightly in the sky while Woohyun walked back to his granfather's house.

A big happy smile was plastered on his face while he hummed cheerfully.

When he opened the door, he almost jumped away as he noticed his grandpa glaring at him curiously.

"You're coming back so late. Are you dating? Be honest." he asked, making Woohyun blush slightly.

"Are you meeting a girl? You're always with a girl, aren't I right?" Woohyun's grandpa asked him, making Woohyun pout cutely, but then give him a cheeky grin.

"Yeah..." he smiled, his blush on his cheeks getting brighter red.

"How is she?" he asked his grandson with a curious tone and gaze while Woohyun smiled knowingly.

"She's special." he answered, making the eldr unsatisfied with the anwser.

"That's what your father said too when he met your mother." he sighed, shaking his head and sitting back down on the single couch.

"But she really is special." Woohyun chuckled and big goodnight before he quickly went to take a shower. After all, his entire body smelled like ... well fish. His hair was full sand and salt and his body itched a bit because of being too long in the water too.

 

---

 

"What?!" Cora almost screamed all the fishes and other sea creatures away.

Marna opened her one close eye because of the loud yelling and gave her best friend a sheepish smile.

"Did you bump into a rock?! Are you out of your mind?! Why?!" Cora asked in disbelief and used her entire body to prove how shocked she was.

"No, I didn't and I'm perfectly healthy and fne. But... I really want to go to the surface, to the land." Marna sighed in a dreamy voice.

"You're completely nuts." Cora exclaimed, shaking her head furiously, her hair moving along with the water like it was part of the sea.

"Say whatever you want. But I'm going to see the land, where the humans live on."

"And how are you planning on doing that? It's impossible!" Cora grunted in defeat.

"It's not impossible..." Marna pouted, making Cora scoff. 

"You think it's possible? It's an old tale telling a mermaid once became human. Did you ever see someone becoming human? Those are stories, Marna. You're smarter than that." Cora sighed, not even fighting the curiosity of her best friend anymore.

"The storyteller can hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter