Coffee and Cupcakes

A Mermaid's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Marna's pov:


 

"Are you going again?!" Cora asked with a worried tone.

I turned my head to my best friend and grinned, giving her a peace sign with my right hand.

She narrowed her eyes, only to let a deep sigh escape her lips, pursing it together and giving me a stern look.

"Marna, humans... they killed many merpeople, right? You know it, don't you?" Cora asked in doubt.

I stared at her before pouting.

"I know... But I'm not believing they did. He's a really nice human and even the Storyteller said it before. There are bad ones but also good ones."

"Just be careful... Don't get too attached to that human." Cora mumbled, giving in.

I grinned and nodded my head before quickly swimming to the meeting place for me and Woohyun.

 

When I arrived, Woohyun was already sitting there, drinking from something, looking around.

"Hi!" I greeted, making his eyes fall on mine, his lips curling up in a bright smile.

"Oh, you're here, already!" he grinned, getting closer to me as I swam closer to him.

"What is that? I asked curious, pointing at the cup he was holding with the mystery liquid filling it.

"Huh?" Woohyun frowned, looking at his hands and chuckling. "This is the coffee I talked to you about!" he said, sipping from it and laying it beside him before he took out a box.

"I brought coffee and cupcakes for you." he said excited, making me smile.

My eyes looked at the white box with curiosty rising in me.

"Cupcakes...?" 

Woohyun hummed, nodding his head, and opened the white box, revealing another cup with the coffee liquid he talked about and four small, yet colorful and soft looking things.

"These are cupcakes." Woohyun explained, pointing at those four mysterious things. "They're made of flour and cream on top. I brought the chocolate one, strawberry, blueberry and banana."

I tilted my head a bit but gave him a smile and took the coffee, drinking from it carefully.

Can't be poison, right?

It entered my mouth and it was a bit bitter in the beginning, but soon sweetness took over.

He must have seen my growing smile as he laughed heartfully.

"You like it?" he asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter